Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh RohillaYour feedback matters!
I'm 23 yo male. I have cold since last week. Now I can feel my lymph node in neck and it is somewhat swelled but not that much. I also had pericoronitis in my wisdom teeth last week. Can it cause swelling? I have health anxiety and right now I can't shake thought that it is lymphoma.
I am suffering from gum bleeding with in 2 year any time when I am using teeth bros blood is come Bonding of gum and teeth is very poor so, How can I come out on this problem.
Hi Doc I have recently gone through the root canal, of upper front teeth, Do I necessarily need to go for crown of same teeth. ?
I am 20 years old ieat any cold substance it give me pain. Please ask me any tooth past about this diseases.
This is prakash 34 years, recently I have pain in teeth. So I consulted Dr. They said this is an additional teeth. Left Lower last tooth. We should remove. So I agree. And yesterday removed also. But there is no stitches over there. I don't know how it will recover. They given tablet. Zerodol-p and amox 500g. 1. Is this sufficient to recover soon. 2. Shall I rinse with salty water? If yes how many times per day? 3. How to avoid infection? Please advise.
Hello Dr. My sisters daughter 5 years old she is effect by low calcium so her teeth are broken in to peciecs Dr. Told to do root canal v can do this age. How to increase calcium?
See your dentist every six months. Your teeth may not look dirty from the outside, but bacteria and plaque lurks in places you cannot see in the mirror.
There are gaps between my teeth which makes my face look so bad and ugly. please suggest me some ways to overcome this problem and look good.
Is there any permanent treatment for dental flourosis other than taking off the teeth And For how many days bleaching teeth works.
Since last 2/3 months I Am observing that during my sleep the lower part of my jaw becomes loose and tends to going downwards. Whenever I wake up and feel this again I am consciously taking it to his original place. But during sleep always it is falling downwards. What can be the probable cause. What care should I take for this?
I suffer blooding very often from my teeth and constant swallowing. I need to know what should I do?
I have mouth ulcer problem. What do I have to do to permanently stop getting infected from mouth ulcer? Please suggest me.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.