Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh PrasadYour feedback matters!
I do smoke but I am unhappy with this so I want to leave it tell me about medicine which used for leave smoke.
Hi Before 4 years after a vasco-vagal EPS episode (an injection architol reacted and gone wrong, my left side paralysed, it got fixed at that time with Tab Pacitane), Now I sometimes get panic attacks and unable to do concentrate without sleep, still my left side is sometimes shivering, legs and hands become numb, have nervousness, sometimes unable to eat food also due to GERD, Unable to bear a extreme hot weather, my breathing is long, I do not feel like taking shower or brushing my teeth. I was not like this before, I hate myself. I have anxiety, has recommended "Tolaz 10 md" I took for 6 months now. I'm tired all day. Test I have done: Brain MRI scan - which was with extreme difficulty because I was unable to bear the sound of the scan machine in my ears and head, EEG, Blood work tablets I have taken: pacitane - which worked that time, now triggers panic attack if I take it. Tolaz 10 md - puts me to sleep, I'm tired all day, taken for 6 months/ have spent most of my savings, now dependent I'am allergic to amoxicillin and sulphur drugs.
Dear doctor patient (f 34) of schizophrenia having auditory hallucinations and is under medication from Aiims Delhi. We have come to know through a scholarly article that mangosteen extract capsules (a tropical fruit in India and nearby countries. You are requested to kindly help us by suggesting if it is able to treat and cure the disease. Please advise dose. I have also heard of curcumin phytosomes to help cure schizophrenia. Please advise, we will be highly obliged and thankful to you.
Conversion disorder is a psychological disorder in which psychological conflicts get converted into physical symptoms.
The disease is also referred to as a functional neurological symptom disorder. In most cases, this disorder has an impact on your ability to move, your senses, vision, hearing capacity and ability to swallow.
The main cause behind the onset of a conversion disorder is generally a sudden traumatic event (real or imagined). This may also happen due to an emotional conflict or any other mental health disorder, which directly or indirectly affects your brain in an undesirable manner.
Though the exact factors which cause the disease are still unknown, it has been proved by medical researchers that the disorder affects that part of the brain which controls the majority of the senses, muscles, and nerves.
The symptoms of this condition may usually appear immediately after a traumatic event, be it physical or psychological. Some of the most common symptoms of this disorder are listed below.
- Weakness or paralysis of a body part
- Loss of body balance
- Moments of unresponsiveness
- Abnormal, sudden and abrupt body movements such as tremors
- Swallowing problems such as lump in the throat
Some of the symptoms of this disorder might also affect the sensory organs, which include:
- Abnormal numbness of the body
- Speech related problems or inability to speak (psychological mutism)
- Vision related problems such as psychological blindness
- Hearing problems and difficulties
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.