Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh ChopraYour feedback matters!
What are the reason for cancer? And what are the appearance of cancer. And what garlic little bit cure the cancer.
He is suffering from hypotonic bladder and the prostate is 37 from past 1 year he is taking selodol d4 /d8 and urotone for clear passage of urine regularly otherwise urine discharge stops. Also in the sonography report there is retention of130 ml. Doctors are also not confident about operating the prostate and not sure that after operation urine discharge will be proper sir please help.
I have total six gaanth in my hand, stomach and back from past 6-8 months. They are not disappearing and there is no pain too. Wht can I do to dissolve them as I really worried abt wht if they are become cancerous.
I feel sudden pain in my throat (it'just below my beard or where the neck starts on right side ). I do not feel the pain continuously ,but I feel pain suddenly for few seconds. It's from 3 to 4 days I am also a smoker and but only 2 or three cigrate in a day many times not a single cigrate I smoke. Is it sign of cancer? Please help me doctor.
Dear sir/mam My little cousin sister his age around 8 years so she is pursuing from blood purifying problem like blood cancer so I want to do treatment of her I need your suggestion for her best successful life.
Dear Doctor, I was having enlarged prostate. Stream of urine was very thin and urine was leaking out even before preparing for urination. I underwent TURP surgery on 15.02. 2016 where about 70-80 ml of prostate was removed and remaining prostate size as per ultrasound is 62 cc. After two months of surgery, the stream again become thin. I consulted R. G. Stone. After taking special x-ray, it was told that there is urethral stricture. I again went to SGRH, where dilation was performed on 15.04. 2016. At that time flow became normal. Now again stream is becoming thin. I am on antibiotics for the last three months. Doctor at SGRH as also R. G. Stone advised 2nd surgery. I am not in a position to undergo 2nd surgery. Kindly advise whether any treatment is available in homeopathy. If yes, kindly guide me in this respect. Thanks and regards,
HI My wife suffering from Breathing problem,its not constant some times she faces this problem,what to do?
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
I am having multiple fibroadenoma in both breasts, which are very small. I had undergone surgery for fibroadenoma removal four times in the past approximately 6 years ago, which were bigger in size. I am having a doubt that" is this fibroadenoma will become cancerous tumor in the future and is there any diet restrictions to get it reduced. Can you please clarify my doubt.
Radiotherapy is a kind of treatment that kills the cancer cells by using high energy beams. Specialists use radiotherapy to treat a wide range of lung cancer. For early stage lung cancer, the radiotherapy may get rid of the cancer totally. For the small cell lung cancer you may have radiotherapy only. Then again you may have it with another treatment, for example, chemotherapy or surgery.
For small cell lung cancer, radiotherapy is used with or after chemotherapy. Chemotherapy makes the tumor in the lung shrink. You may have radiotherapy to your cerebrum, which tackles any cancer cells that may have spread to the brain. This is called prophylactic cranial illumination (PCI). In case of advanced lung cancer, the treatment contracts the tumor and controls it for a while. It additionally decreases symptoms like shortness of breath.
The types of radiotherapy used for the lungs include:
Outer radiotherapy: This kind of radiotherapy comes from a machine and is administered to the body through an external source. It depends on the kind of cancer and the progression of the same. You may have three radiotherapy sittings every day for around 12 days. This sort of radiotherapy is known as CHART ceaseless hyperfractionated quickened radiotherapy. A few people with small cell lung cancer may have treatment twice a day. If you are getting radiotherapy to control the side effects of lung cancer, you may have a single treatment or day by day medications for up to 3 weeks.
Inner radiotherapy: This is called brachytherapy or endobronchial treatment. This will be administered during a bronchoscopy. The radiation is given through a thin tube that the specialist puts inside your aviation route for a few of minutes. Specialists use this sort of treatment to shrink a tumor that is blocking or pushing your breathing track and making breathing troublesome for you.
These are some of the procedures that take place while you are having lung cancer radiotherapy:
- Radiotherapy machines are enormous. The machines are fixed in one position or are sometimes ready to go around your body to give treatment from various angles.
- Prior to your first treatment, your radiographers will clarify what you will hear and see. The treatment room normally have docks for you to connect to music players. So you can listen to your own choice of music.
- You cannot feel radiotherapy when you really have the treatment. It takes anything from one second to a few minutes. It is essential to lie similarly situated every time, so the radiographers may take a short time to get you prepared.
- Once you are in the right position, the staff will allow you to sit in the space for a couple of minutes. They watch you constantly on a closed circuit TV screen. They may request that you hold your breath or take shallow breaths during the treatment.
Mera dost kabhi bhi saraf aur cigrette nahi pita hai. Usko blood cancer kis liye huaa. Aur koi reasons aur solution do plz.
My friend Mom was suffering from a breast cancer for 15 days what can I do sir any treatment for complete solution.
Plz tell me sir what will my breast fibroadenoma finally remove from homeopathic treatment and how much time for remove fibroadenoma please sir tell me because i'm get afraid cause off my problem.
I have a tumor or ball like structure near my right testicle. I don't know if it's a tumor or not. Can it be testicular cancer? And In my city there is no sexologist.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.