Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajni DuggalYour feedback matters!
My son is 8 years old, he looks very lean. After eating little quantity of food he says his stomach is full. He is 18 kgs weight. What care I should take to increase his appetite and weight.
My 2 year 10 months old boy doesn't talk. Some times blabbering. He is not repeating. But maintaining eye contact. Should we wait for few more months without concerning?
My 1year 8months son has fever since 4 days. On antibiotic Gladyclav 228 since 3days and MBKcin injection since 2days and Meftal-p for fever, but his temperature still goes upto 103.
My daughter six and half years is suffering from severe cough without phlegm since two years for every fifteen days it starts and prolong for five days. She is asked to do lungs scanning. Is it necessary, and any serious problem is there.
2 year baby is suffering from high fever 103. I gave meftal p before 1 and half hour but fever is not coming down. What should I do.
My daughter was born pre-term 33 weeks and her birth weight was 1.4 kg. Now she is 14 month old and weight is 7.5 kg. She is not putting on weight as required. Her diet includes. 1 chapati with milk or dal. Rice with vegetables. Ragu.cerelac. Oats.Cows milk 1 cup. Please let me know if I can give her some supplement to gain weight.
My baby is 4 years old suffering from rickets. What are the remedial steps should taken in diet or daily routine?
My 5.5 years old daughter often wets her beds while sleeping. Sometimes she is unable to hold her urine while sleeping in day time. What are effective ways to overcome from this? Thanks.
Mere bete ki umra 2.5 saal hai. Yah 6/7 din par 1 baar letrin karata hai or wo bhi khul kar nahi kar paata hai. Thoda sa sukha huwa potty karega or thodi der baad phir chillayega ki potty karenge. Yeh kaam dinbhar thoda thoda karke phir 6/7 din tak nahi karega. Angrji dawa ya homeopathy dawa khila kar dekh liya gaya hai koi bhi dawa khaane ke 2 din baad khulkar 2 dino tak lagatar poty karta hai phir wo dawa bhi kaam nahi karti phir 6/7 dino baad wohi problam ho jaati hai. Jabki mera beta paani bhi kubh pita hai. Please aap bataye hum kya kare.
Home remedy for GAS .
As problem may be very annoying at times. Generally gas is formed in the stomach due to numerous reasons such as
Excessive alcohol intake
Consuming very spicy food
Chewing the food improperly
Too much of anxiety and stress
Eating sauces and condiments frequently and in large quantities
Do not consume poultry and dairy products such as eggs, milk etc.
Take time and chew your food properly. Don?t be in haste, as chewing properly helps you in digesting the food quickly
Avoid using straw while drinking as you may swallow more air while using straws
Never sleep immediately after eating your meal
Do not drink aerated drinks
Sir my son is 13 years old. His activities remains delayed as compared to the normal child by birth. At present he seems 2nd standard. IQ have borderline. He do not go to school. Pehlay bhi yeh mushkil se school jaata tha. School main teacher se apne aap kuchh nahin bolta. Gussa bahut karta hai ghar main. Sara din ghar main sabhi ke sath mar pitai karta hai. Galat kam karne par use toke to veh bhut gussa karta hai aur aap se bahar ho jata hai. Iski badi bahan 15 saal ki hai aur choti behan 5 sal ki hai. Vase weh cricket, badminton etc. Khel leta hai. Lakin use har bardasht nahi. Harne par weh hinsak ho jata hai pariwar walo ka sath. Doctor sahab sare pariwar wale is bache se bahut presan hai. Apollo hospital se bhi ilaaj kara chuke hai. Bacha ghar se bhar akele jaane se ghabrata hai. Doctor shab koi advice dijiye.
Hi, my son is 1 year and 1 month. Till 1 year he had food with out any problem. But last 10days he refused to eat some types of food like rice. He s earing rava upma and wheat bread in a good amount. What food I can give it to him. Is it good to eat wheat breads. I m still feeding my milk during night.
For 5year old kid..anti biotic is suitable incase he's having stuffy nose,lot of cough,frequent fever,congestion..?
My 15 month old baby weight only 7 kg. At the time of her birth her weight was 2.5 kg. Pls help me out how to increase her weight. Is she normal. She is active.
My baby is 11 month old. And we gone vaisnav devi, kashmir. Now what care about her? Any problem my baby in vaisnav devi.
My son is 6 years old (class 2 student) and he does not note down any thing from school black board but he is fine to write if someone dictate the text (though he take lot of time than others in writing that too) he has eye sight problem and wearing specs as suggested by eye specialist. He is fine in learning things and good in maths and other subject other than writing problem. He has some problem in motor skills too. Please advise.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.