Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajneesh Kapoor
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Rajneesh KapoorYour feedback matters!
HI, l have low bp problem so due to this l used to take disprin like tablets. But now days l had a new health issue related my memory. L forget things that l talk 5 minutes ago for example- l went to the market for purchasing something but then suddenly everything disappears means l forget everything why l have been here what should purchase, everything, l forget everything but after 5-10 min l got everything back in my mind .tell me the reason behind this.
I am suffering from fever from last 1 week and whenever I cough hard my chest pain badly can you please suggest me what can I do.
Alkaline phosphatase 95, total Bilirubin 0.98 (0.3 direct+ 0.68 indirect), GGT 64, SGOT 44, SGPT 68, Serum Albumin 4.42, Serum Globulin 2.48, Total Protein 6.9 25 OH Vitamin D Total 6.54 HDL Cholesterol direct 29, Total cholesterol 208, LDL Cholesterol Direct 119, Triglycerides 313, VLDL CHOLESTEROL 62.55 & Non HDL CHOLESTEROL 178.7 Blood sugar fasting 125 These are the results of my blood test. I did a few other tests like creatine etc but they are in the normal range. I understand that the liver enzymes are a little high and so is my cholesterol & I am Vitamin D deficient. I drink 4-5 bottles (750 ml each) of beer (bottle says less than 6℅ alcohol) once a week & that's important for me to unwind myself after 5 working days. I eat non-veg regularly. I am thinking of having Cod liver capsule (please advise good brand), Livosin or any good liver tonic and having food like mackerel. Is that fine with the test results I have? I really don't want to stop the beer .Please help!
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.