Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv KumarYour feedback matters!
I travelled from Delhi to Mumbai 4 days back and been having severe throat infection and asthma cough with mild cold and fever. How should I decide if these symptoms are indicative of Swine Flu and if I should go for a test?
I have been suffering from sleep apnea since last 7-8 years when I used to wake up early in morning 3-4 am with bad dream and huge headache along with weight loss . One of the top doctor at Sir Gangaram Hospital advised me Rivotril 0.5 mg for faster relief which did give me sleep also allowed me to regain weight over 5-6 years. But I wanted to get rid of my dependence on sleep medicine and went to a sleep specialist who advised me sleep test. Report indicted I am having excessive snoring with oxygen deprivation which is disturbing my sleep. My AHI is 11.6 /hr with minimum oxygen saturation at 91%. He advised use of CPAP m/c on trial for 7 days. I could use CPAP only for 3-4 days as it puts me into inconvenience specially my upper jaw becomes painful and tight in the morning besides other inconvenience of using this mask. While morning walk and meditation has allowed me to get rid of medicine for last 10 days. I still get restless sleep after 3-4 am and headache in morning and not completely cured. I had front upper 3 teeth crowned (middle teeth has to be removed and 2 side teeth crowned in order to have front look intact) around same time (8 years back) and feel the less gap in 3 crowned front upper teeth and raised portion could be troubling me for lack of oxygen or when I wear mask for CPAP. Can you please advise what should I do as this problem is spoiling my health and I am determined to get rid of this.
Hi i have throat pain i consult to doctor he told pus form at throat beacuse i left smoking from one and half month he told due to that it form, feeling more pain to have anything also can you suggest what to do he given some tablets
Dear doctor I'm sinus patient, I have lot of troubled by that, what I need keep and what I going to do at every morning.
Daily night around 8-830 I am feeling that my nose is block. I am able to breath but with pressure, I can fell some sputum inside my nose actually Not even a single breath I can feel is complete unless I take a yawn or breath by mouth. I am using otrivin from around 3-4 days. I have bp of 170/110 and I am taking medicine and during nose congestion it's normal around 150/90. Could you please tell what could be the reason.
Nose bleeding happens because of the presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose.
Most common reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, trauma, low levels of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, colds and allergies and nose lining getting dry along with so many other reasons.
Above 40 years of age bleeding nose is to be taken with suspicion.
But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose stops bleeding by direct pressure on the nose.
- Apply ice: This can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually shrinks and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and root of nose.
- No anxiety: Bleeding is a safety valve, specially, in hypertensive patients. If nose doesn't bleed than brain would bleed. It's better nose to bleed than brain.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures:
- Elevate the head end while resting.
- Do not blow or scratch nose forcefully.
- Keep blood pressure in control.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on the humidity of the room, especially, in winter electric heaters dry up air. Keep a mug of water in room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose lining gets dry mostly. Apply Vaseline or oil or Ghee.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food like oranges, lemon, sweet lime, Indian gooseberry to keep your nose moist and strengthen blood vessels.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.