Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am not eating food 3 times a day I only take food for 1 time that is in afternoon so will it creates any problem.
What types of food I can give my baby as she is just five months and I don't have much breast-feeding because of very less milk. Other than formula milk what can I give her.
Tej bukhar ane par behosh (5-10 mint ke liye) ho jati h aur akad jati h, hath bhi piche ki taraf mud jate h. Esa abi tak 2 baar ho chuka h.
I need a prescription for birth control pills. I am a lactating mother to a 10 month old baby girl. I had a ceaserian delivery.
My son age 2 months. Doctor said hole in heart. Heart will be operation after age of 1 year. What can I do?
Here are symptoms, reasons and management of ADD and ADHD.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also see a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.
There is a baby, 6 days old. 3 days ago, he started crying, family took him to a doctor, and doctor provided the baby with some medicine. Due to which the baby slept. Now it's 3 days that the baby is still sleeping, though all body parts are functioning alright. Some doctor is saying that it is brain fever, can be treated only after Baby comes out of sleep. Baby is admitted and is on Oxygen mask. Please Guide.
My 10 years old son is having dry skin, also he is having peel offs from his hands and feet, what should I do.
My daughter born on 4th sept 2014 was admitted for acute dehydration when she was 4 mo. We had switched to cows milk when she was 3 mo. After hospitalisation she was on formula feed. We restarted cows milk last week, she is 6 mo now, and she started frequent motion again. Switched back to formula. Could she be lactose intolerant or are we making her switch to cows milk earlier?
My son is 4-month old, he is not holding his neck & not making any eye contact. Doctor's have declared that he ha agency of corpus callosum disorder after doing MRI & Tests. I am very depressed & not knowing what to do as they have informed me that in further pregnancy this disorder may come. Kindly suggest what to do for my son & for my future. Please help us.
Hello doctor, today I took my daughter for blood test. She is 4 years, wt 17kg. Height ok. Some different test results are as follow- heamoglobin- 9.5, pcv- 28, lymphocytes- 62, eosinophils-06, neutrophils-28. All other results are withing limits. Blood group b+. Our medical unit doctor prescribe her 1. Syp. Tonoferon. 3 month. 2. Noworm for 3month. One dose per month. 3. Advise to take fish, meat, iron reach food. In our generation no thalesymia history. Her mother also haemoglobin--10.8. Low. Please advise us for my little one and her mother.
I am a mother of a 9 month old girl child and she is having fever 100.5 degree fahrenheit. Kindly let me know which medicine I can do during night time and is dere any doctor available for small infants near rohini delhi.
My son Jeremy is 14 months old and his fontanelle has still not closed. What can I do? He has also not started to walk.
Hi, our relatives baby has hydrocephalus and placed a stunt from head to stomach almost 3 years back. Now she is nearly 3.6 years old. What would be the next step and how world be her health in future. Now she is very active and doing well. Please let us know the consequences and about her health problems in future. Thanks,
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.