Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Kumar Chand
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh Kumar ChandYour feedback matters!
My age is 29 & my weight is 67kg is it a exes weight, how much weight I should have in this age & I am having pain in Two legs down side when I walk or stand i have no paid but when I seat a minute then I stand I can't walk properly having heavy pain in two legs in the morning also same pain will occur, is it for my heavy weight or anything else kindly suggest me
Hi 28 years old girl from last year august im having on and off kind of pain in my right side middle ribs and arm resting side. I tried everything but nothing help much. Pain comes and go anytime it increase and decreased. Im unaware why pain like this. Sum says its cervical issue sum says its muscle tightness. Sum say more. I m too much depressed because of this pain. Im about to get marry this year how can I lead marriage life in this condition when I even can not plan my next day. Can anyone tell me what is it and how to cure it. I tried ayurveda homeopathy allopathy physiotherapy massage exercise also. Nothing helping what to do sleeping time and sitting time pain speed in whole upper right side back.
I have lower back pain with stiffness in back after sitting for certain time in the same posture. What could be the problem and solution.
I am a male of 27 years. I have the lumber herniated disk in L5 section of my backbone since 2 years. Still I have ache in my buttocks and the lower abdomen. I am under medication. Should I go for an operation?
I am suffering from pain in foot palm from last 5 years I have treated by the neurologist but the problem is not resolved and then is also pain from neck to heart last 3-4 years please suggest me which specialist I have consult.
I am suffering from whole backache since 2012 but from last few months I am unable to bent my back properly, neither I can bent my back nor I can sit properly without balance, please suggest me.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days. Also, even though the weather is changing, it is still prevalent and as on November 18, 878 cases have been reported in Delhi itself.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rainwater-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of painkillers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!