Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh GargYour feedback matters!
I have cavities between two teeth. Whenever I chew something the hollow gets filled with the food. It pains while removing. Please advise me to fix this problem. Should I replace both the teeth?
I have over crowded teeth. I need to wear clip to make those proper. How much it cost for invaslign process and time. Kindly advise.
I am 30 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments?
I have spike like structure in mouth at esophagus cavity since last 3 year. I have many medicine and treatment as Dr. per advice but it problem is as it is. please help.
What is the remedy to get rid of teeth pain. Upper part of canal is paining. Give ayurvedic solution.
Mere muh me chale(ulcer) bahut hote hain, kai baar dava lekar dekh li but har bar fir se ho jate hain.
I am 23 years old and 3 days continuous headache occurred and the mouth ulcer for next 1 week as the headache stopped. What might be the reason and remedies to it. Please help.
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.
Can we drink some water early morning on empty stomach and throw up voluntarily after brushing teeth?
Practice Good Oral Hygiene
If you’re suffering from bad breath problems, it is important that you brush and floss twice a day. Use fluoride-based toothpaste that will help you to keep your mouth clean and remove food debris and plaque. It is also important to brush your teeth before you go to bed because bacteria can grow in your mouth while you’re asleep. It is also important that you scrape your tongue to remove any residue that may be building up after you eat your meals.
Keep Your Mouth Moist
Keeping your mouth moist is another way to eliminate bad breath issues which is why you need to ensure that you drink good amount of water throughout the day. Drinking adequate amount of water will help you stay hydrated as well. You can also chew sugarless chewing gums or candies that can stimulate production of saliva in your mouth to wash away food particles and bacteria. Choose chewing gums that have xylitol are always recommended.
Watch What You Eat
Certain foods can trigger bad breath in your mouth and therefore you need to keep log of what food you eat. This will help you to narrow down certain food items that worsen your bad breath problems. Similarly, there are certain medications that also trigger mouth odour, hence it is recommended that you talk about it with your dentist. Stay away from tobacco products and avoid smoking which also leads to bad breath issues.
We recommend that you visit your dentist regularly, at least twice a year to conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning and to ensure that your mouth is clean and healthy. Your dentist will also be able to help you know whether the bad breath problem is due to general health conditions or triggered due to any food item or medications.