Lybrate.com has top trusted Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists from across India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Puri
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev PuriYour feedback matters!
Mam! I hv throat infection and Allergies frequently due to pollution, and dry cough all times, taking montair and lorfast am 150. Also taken honey with warm water, green tea etc what to do?
I have serious throat allergy when I come in contact with dust I am suffering this from many year what to do.
Hlo sir mere gale me piche 1 hfte se aesa lgrha hai ki kuch atak rkha hai subah ke time to itna feel. Nhi hota par syame ke time feel. Hota hai or gla bhot jldi sukh jata hai koi medican btao.
Recently I done my tonsils surgery in GNH Hospital Gurgaon. In a month I have the tonsils again. Now tell me what I do. Can I change the doctor or wait? Doctor say they need some time because it's really small so that they can't tell that it's a tonsil or any other thing.
I am 20 year old there are some traces of blood (not confirm but they are red in colour) came when I spit so what can I do suggest me.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.