Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Agarwal
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev AgarwalYour feedback matters!
What is the symptom of cancer how we protect us from it, and how to improve our health with vegetable and some fruits taken.
Cancer can be a traumatic experience not only for the person concerned, but also for their family members and loved ones. If cancer is dreadful, surviving through the treatments, especially chemotherapy, is no less than a struggle in itself. Some people are left physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted after chemotherapy sessions.
Thus, it goes without saying that the affected person should take good care of their health. They should remember and follow few simple yet effective points before and after chemotherapy.
- Love yourself: Chemotherapy can affect your physical appearance. Do not allow this to affect you or your confidence. You are a brave person. Love yourself, be proud and confident of your body. You don't need others to tell you how beautiful you are.
- Healthy foods for a healthy you: After chemotherapy, people often lose their appetite. Even the tastiest of foods appear unpalatable to them. Skipping the meals will only deteriorate your health. Try and help yourself with small servings at regular intervals of time. Fish, eggs, dairy product (low-fat) are an excellent source of proteins and should be a part of your diet.
- A healthy dental hygiene: Chemotherapy can result in Oral Mucositis (a condition that may cause mouth sores) in some patients. Practice a good dental hygiene. Brush your teeth thrice daily. To speed up the healing process, one can rinse the mouth with a mild mouthwash or salt water (after every meal). Avoid foods that can aggravate the condition (particularly hot and spicy foods).
- Keep your body hydrated: Chemotherapy can leave the skin rough and dry. Keeping the skin hydrated is important. The benefits of water are not new to people. Drink water to keep your skin and body hydrated. Take small sips throughout the day. A well-hydrated body will help in eliminating the toxins effectively.
- Stay in shape: People often tend to put on few kilos during chemotherapy. Weight gain may not be a healthy idea during the treatment. Maintain a healthy body weight. Try and avoid foods that are high in carbohydrate and fat content. Include more of vegetables in your diet.
- Keep constipation at bay: Constipation is one of the common menaces associated with chemotherapy. While it is important to keep yourself hydrated, including fibrous foods and vegetables in your diet can also help to deal with constipation better.
- Many people complain of nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy: While the condition can be highly uncomfortable, there are ways to ease the discomfort. Try and avoid foods that are very oily or those that have a characteristic strong odor. Ginger tea, peppermint candies can be helpful. Many people also benefit from Acupressure bands. Take rest till you fell better.
- Chemotherapy can be stressful: Meditation and light to moderate walking or breathing exercise can help you relax better. Try and be as happy and cheerful as possible.
- Diarrhea is one of the side effects of chemotherapy: Severe diarrhea can dehydrate your body. Thus, drink water and other (doctor recommended) fluids frequently. It is best to avoid high-fiber foods, foods rich in potassium, or those that can irritate the digestive system (hot and spicy foods).
- Alcohol is a bane best avoided: Avoid alcohol during Chemotherapy sessions. It can have deleterious effects on the health, leading to various complications and health disorders. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.