Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raghav MantriYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam. .my face was discolored because of humidity &sun exposure and I have acne on my cheeks. One black layer was clearly visible forehead to cheek like headphone model. I have combination of skin. Suggests me what's good to my face.
I have been suffering from PIH lately over my forehead, I went to a dermatologist and he suggested me to undergo PRS Chemical peel treatment for PIH as well as to remove my facial tan. What acids are used for this peel? Is it safe? What should be the average cost for the treatment? Will it help me with my tan and PIH? I'm 18 now. Please help.
I am losing my hair quickly and I tried all shampoos but no effect. I am not sure what to do now. Can you help me in this?
I have a good skin tone but my forehead alone is darker compared to other parts of my face. My face is also darker compared to my other parts of the body. I also got severe sun tan. Please help me to get rid of these dark skin and get even tone.
Hello. Sir/madam am suffering from dhaat syndrome I have tried many of Ayurveda n homeopathic medicines but nothing seems so to work now it's seems like am giving up on these homes n Ayurveda doctors I think they r use less cause it has been 1 year but they didn't able to cure my problem am so depressed there is my exam on the head after 2 month's can anybody help me plzz tell me the solution of this dhaat syndrome my age 22 weight is 75 No bad habits plzzz.
My skin is wrinkled and black by masturbation before maturation I am healthy and my skin was white and not wrinkled, so how to get free from black and wrinkled skin?
My hair falling too much recent month now more n more what I do to stop my hair falling please tell me. Every hair oils I used it. I also checkout doctors he said same oils. I use 5 month as he suggested but didn't get help it. So please guide me which hair oils n shampoo best for me although anythingmore so please .said.
my face is very oily & dusty, I applied many face wash & face pack. but there is no changes in my face. I need some medicine such as creame or tablet. kindly remedy as soon as possible.
The skin is the largest external organ as well as the largest organ in general in the human body. There are many types of skin diseases that can afflict your body and they may appear anywhere. Ayurveda is a potent weapon which can be used to treat many skin diseases effectively. The natural remedies of Ayurveda are being increasingly adopted throughout the world.
Let's take a look at a few of the skin diseases that can be easily cured by Ayurveda:
- Eczema: One of the most common types of skin diseases, eczema is characterized by the reactions that the skin has. These reactions can manifest themselves in many forms. The most common reaction is swelling of the skin with redness. Other forms may also develop blisters, cracking of the skin, scaling or papules.
- Scaly rashes: Scientifically known as Papulosquamous Eruptions, scaly rashes are usually the result of itching which in itself is a reaction to some internal or external factors. These rashes can be mild to severely painful depending on what had caused them. Some factors behind these may be eczema, reaction to drugs, psoriasis and others.
- Urticaria: These rashes differ from other ones as they persist for a short period of time and usually result in swellings on the skin. These swellings may be very sensitive and itchy. Some common examples of Urticaria are Nettle rashes and hives that may develop due to an external factor such as bug bites.
- Psoriasis: Ayurveda has great treatments for this disease as its incidence within the population is quite high. This is a non-infectious skin condition where inflammation occurs in the affected parts of the skin and reddish scales form on the body. This problem is usually attributed to excessive cells within the body.
- Pruritus or itching: Another very common skin affliction which can be caused by a variety of factors, it can be a reaction to something external or be caused by internal issues that may be developing. Mostly caused by the reaction of external nerve endings they may become very painful if over stimulated.
Ayurveda has many remedies for all of the ailments mentioned above along with many other skin disorders and has gained popularity as it completely natural and devoid of side effects encountered with conventional medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hi I'm a male or boy what should I eat or have in the night or at dinner to keep myself healthy and keep my skin healthy and glowing and clear and beautiful skin please tel me plz.
I have a hard lump knot of small then pea size on left middle neck since 2 month. Not painful. Nor increasing. Any treatment.
My self Abhijeet and I have so many pimple on my face and also I'm suffering from hair fall. And I'm just 18 year old kindly suggest me something to stop all this.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me with this.
I am 26 year old male and there is fungle type of something on my scalp which results in hair loss. Suggest me how can I care my hair. Also suggest some shampoo and oil for regular use.
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - The woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for Hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for Hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.