Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rachna Singh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna SinghYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Me and my partner never had proper sex ever. But her period is late by more than 10 days now. We are stressed about this. Is it possible if my sperm touched her vagina and caused any problem? If there is any chance of pregnancy then what we should do to avoid it. Both of us are 21 years of age.
I think I'm pregnant but I have already took all types of precaution. Can you please help. I have check with preganews it's telling me negative but still not sure.
Do you have an extremely low reading of thyroxine or T4, it means that you are suffering from an under active thyroid disease called hypothyroidism. With this condition, your thyroid glands fail to make sufficient thyroid hormones. The thyroid gland releases hormones, which travel all over your bloodstream and affect all parts of the body. Thyroid controls how the cells of the body use energy from food via the metabolism process, which in turn affects the body’s temperature, heartbeat and burning of calories. Lack of thyroid hormones slows down the body’s functions, reduces your energy and the metabolism is disrupted.
Causes of hypothyroidism
The primary cause of this condition is Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Thyroiditis refers to an inflammation of your thyroid gland. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disorder in which extra antibodies are produced which destroy the thyroid gland. Viral infections may also lead to thyroiditis.
Other causes of the condition are as follows:
- Radiation therapy to the neck region for the treatment of several cancers like lymphoma may damage the cells present in the thyroid gland. Hence, the gland cannot secrete hormones properly.
- Radioactive iodine treatment is undertaken by people having an overactive thyroid gland. Radiation destroys the thyroid gland cells and leads to hypothyroidism.
- Certain medicines used to treat heart problems, cancer and psychiatric diseases may affect the thyroid gland and lead to hypothyroidism.
- Surgeries undertaken for removing the thyroid also lead to hypothyroidism.
- Iodine is required by the thyroid gland to produce hormones. A low amount of iodine in your diet and body may lead to hypothyroidism.
Risks factors of hypothyroidism
Usually women, especially older women are more likely to get hypothyroidism than men. The factors which determine if you are at a risk of acquiring the condition are as follows:
- Premature graying of hair
- Autoimmune disorders like type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, vitiligo, celiac disease, Addison’s disease and many more.
- Bipolar disorder
- Turner’s syndrome
- Down’s syndrome
The symptoms of hypothyroidism are as follows:
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Fatigue and tiredness
- A slow heart rate
- An increased sensitivity towards cold
- Swelling of the thyroid gland or goiter
- Gaining weight unusually or great difficulty in losing weight
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
If you observe the symptoms of hypothyroidism, you should consult a doctor who will prescribe several blood tests, such as the thyroid stimulating hormone test and the T4 or thyroxine test. Based on the results, a treatment method is adopted.
My sis is 27 years old and weigh 70 kg height 154 cm. She has (abnormal period) from the age of 12. Now diagnosed with PCOS, PCOD and hypothyroidism from past 4 years taking 75 mcg. Ovarian size is Ro - 3.3*2.8*1.8 cm -9.4 cc Lo - 3.7*3.2*2.4 cm -15. 5 cc After many visit to Doctor the problem is not resolved by anyone. Please suggest the what should we do? What is the normal size of the ovaries? Is this a very serious condition? Is there chances of ovarian cancer? What to do now? How to lose weight?
Hello madam, i am 29 weeks pregnant before this I had two abortions because of clotting of blood in placenta and week heartbeat. In torch test I have rubella and cytomegalovirus igG for that I used medicines for 3 months then after we planned for pregnancy now I'm in 7 th month. Up to 5 th month doctor advised me enoxaparin 40mg injection, from 6th month onwards iam using enoxaparin injection for alternate days and hcg5000, susten200 injections for weekly once. By using this did my baby get any side effects? Is there any vision loss or hearing loss to my baby due to this viruses? Can you please reply me? I'm waiting for your response. Thank you mam.
Masturbation Techniques to Master With Tips From the Kama Sutra
The Kama Sutra is, at its heart, a playbook for mind-blowing sex. Different positions, alternating speeds and even radical new techniques for foreplay are all detailed in this ancient book, and men who want to really up the ante in the bedroom can find much to enjoy here. However, much of a man's sex life might take place when he's completely alone, and the book is remarkably silent on masturbation techniques. In fact, the author seems to suggest that masturbation shouldn't be part of a man's day-to-day penis care routine.
Thankfully, with a close reading and a little creativity, men can find out more about how to put their minds to use in masturbation, and with a little help from the Kama Sutra, they may experience pleasures they never thought possible. Here are just a few tips to get the party started.
Couples that follow the Kama Sutra are expected to try out different positions regularly, experimenting with where their bodies meet and the sensations new poses can bring. Masturbating men can bring this same sense of experimentation to their own self-pleasure sessions by varying:
Men who always use their right hand might enjoy experimenting with the left, or bringing in a feather or trying out the act with a different type of lotion. Mixing up the technique means awakening different nerve fibers, and the results can be impressive.
Use the Mind
Much of the advice given in this ancient book involves preparing the mind for sex. Couples are encouraged to look at one another, talk to one another and touch one another frequently. Masturbation sessions, on the other hand, tend to be quick-and-dirty affairs that start and end abruptly, with no real thought at all.
Slowing down might mean fantasizing extensively before the clothes hit the floor, preparing the mind for the pleasures yet to come. Then, as the action starts, focusing on the feelings involved while continuing to fantasize could bring a man to a peak that might have eluded him, had he moved a little faster with less imagination involved.
Preparing the mind for pleasure also means remembering that sex is a healthy, zesty activity that stimulates the body while relaxing the nerves. Just as there's nothing wrong with spicing up a partner's sex life and making intimacy just a little more intriguing, there's nothing amiss with making the body feel pleasure. A mind that's free of thoughts of guilt, blame and shame is a mind that's willing to go slowly, letting the pleasure build and build without allowing any pain to creep in.
Men who work hard to keep their minds open and guilt at bay might be less likely to bash their equipment with fast and furious strokes, and they might be less likely to cause minuscule tears that could lead to bends and scarring. In short, refining the mind could make tomorrow's masturbation less painful, too, and it could keep a man's equipment ready for a bout of play with a partner.
Much of the Kama Sutra involves cleaning up after sex and rewarding the body for the hard work it's done in the bedroom. Couples are advised to wash up thoroughly, preferably together, and apply soothing lotions to any spot that seems a little sore. After masturbation, men might follow this tip by cleaning up with a cool rinse and a pat dry with a towel. Applying a penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) can help to soothe sore skin and keep benign bacteria from rising up and colonizing nearly tissues. This product can also keep sensory cells in shape, so they'll be ready for the amazing sex that's sure to come from a man's new knowledge of his sensual capabilities.
Hi I had not taken 72 hrs teblat and I check pregnancy by pregnancy kit answer is negative but till period did not came what should do.
If you are experiencing lower back pain during pregnancy, you should know that it is a common complaint. The lower back pain may occur because of several factors associated with pregnancy. You gain weight, your center of gravity shifts and your hormones relax the ligaments present in your pelvic joints. There are several ways by which you can reduce your lower back pain during pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Practice good posture: As the baby grows inside you, your center of gravity changes in a forward direction. You may feel like falling forward and may lean back for prevention. This strains the lower back muscles and causes back pain during pregnancy. You need to maintain a good posture. Always stand tall and straight, hold your chest up high, and keep your shoulders backwards and relaxed. You should not lock your knees.
- Get proper gear: Get adequate gear for dealing with lower back pain during pregnancy. You must wear low heeled shoes having good arch support. Avoid wearing flat heeled shoes and high heels, which will shift your balance more forward, thereby increasing the chances of falling. You can also opt for a maternity support belt. This additional support might be helpful for you.
- Lift properly: While you are lifting an object, you should squat down, lifting your legs and arms. Do not bend at your waist and lift with your back. Know your limits before lifting anything.
- Sleep on your side: Sleep on your sides keeping your knees bent, instead of your back during pregnancy. You may also use support pillows between your knees, under your abdomen and at your back.
- Hot and cold massage: Although this method is not effective for long term relief, massaging your lower back with a hot pad followed by an ice pack may be effective for temporary pain relief.
- Engage in regular physical activity: Regular physical activity helps you in keeping your back strong and also relieves pain during pregnancy. You should opt for mild exercises such as walking and water exercises. You should consult a physical therapist for showing you effective stretches and aerobic exercises which are beneficial.
You can try stretching your lower back, resting your hands and knees and keeping your head in line with your back. Pull your stomach in, rounding your back a bit, and hold the position for some seconds. Several other complementary therapies are also effective in curing lower back pain during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.