Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa SethiYour feedback matters!
Mam meri wife pregnent hai or 3 month complete ho chuke hain or starting se hi uske pet mein dard rehta hai or ek bacha pehle hi kharab ho chuka h please koi solution bataye. Or ek doctor ne bola tha iske blood milane k liye rs 2500 ka koi injection lagega.iske bareme kuch bataye?
Married last month and I had unprotected sex 15 days back and now my wife missed her period, according to our money status we do not want any baby so please help me how to get rid of pregnancy without abortion.
I have hormonal imbalance and thyroid problem for which im having periods correctly every 15 days. So what should I do I consulted three doctors their treatment works only for two months and its the same.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes.
While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease and the symptoms are often missed.
Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.
I am 27 years old. Me and my husband are planning to have a baby since august. My last menstrual cycle started on 1 Jan 2016. My menstrual cycles are very regular and lasts for 25 days. I was to get my periods on 26th Jan but have not got it yet. Yesterday we went for a blood test to see if I was pregnant. The reports showed that hcg level is less than 3. Does that mean I am not pregnant. Or is it that we went for the test too early as 4 weeks have not yet completed. We are confused, what should we do?
Heels are weight bearing part of feet during standing, walking or running. Improper postures or foot wear can cause degeneration of heel and subsequent pain.
Causes for heel pain:
1. Sprains: Improper exercise and improper footwear like high heels can put unnecessary stress on heels and cause pain. Avoid such conditions by using excellent quality heels and avoiding them as much as possible. Exercise should be done under expert guidance.
2. Fractures: Stress or hairline fractures can occur even without trauma and cause pain. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
3. Plantar fasciitis: A common cause for heel pain, the Plantar fascia at heel can cause severe early morning heel pain. It can be managed with exercises, PRP Injections.
4. Arthritis: Gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis can affect ankle joint and cause heel pain. This can be managed with medications and exercises. In severe cases injections may be needed for treatment.
1. Change in shoes: Shoes play a key role in the development of heel pain. Avoid wearing heels for prolonged period and specially when walking long distances.
2. Foot supports: There are specialized heel supports and wedges, which you can wear with the footwear. These supports help redistribute weight from the problem areas and uniformly distribute it among the other parts of the foot. Heel cups are also another form of supports you could try.
3. Pain relief medications: Over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can help in reducing acute episodes of pain. Self - medication for prolonged periods should be avoided.
4. Ice packs: Application of ice packs decrease pain and stiffness of heel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
पर्यावरण में कवक की 50,000 से अधिक विभिन्न प्रजातियां हैं, लेकिन केवल 20 से 25 प्रजातियां मनुष्यों में संक्रमण का कारण बन सकती हैं। वास्तव में, कई कवक हैं जो आपकी त्वचा पर कई वर्षों तक बिना किसी समस्या का कारण बने रह सकते हैं। हालांकि, कभी-कभी कुछ कारक कवक को अधिक मात्रा में बढ़ा सकते हैं या बदल सकते हैं, और इससे फंगल संक्रमण हो सकता है।
एक फंगल संक्रमण को शरीर के ऊतकों पर कवक के एक या अधिक प्रजातियों के आक्रमण के रूप में वर्णित किया जा सकता है। फंगल संक्रमण आमतौर पर कवक के प्रकार, प्रभावित शरीर का हिस्सा और संक्रमण की गंभीरता द्वारा वर्गीकृत किया जाता है। फंगल संक्रमण कई प्रकार के होते हैं। सबसे आम प्रकार के फंगल संक्रमणों में टीनेया वेर्सिकलर, दाद, जॉक इच्च, बारबर्स इच्च, फंगल नेल, एथलीट फुट, इंटरट्रिगो, और योनि खमीर संक्रमण आदि शामिल हैं।
ये संक्रमण आपकी त्वचा की सतह पर, त्वचा गुना के भीतर या किसी भी अन्य क्षेत्र में हो सकती हैं जो गर्म और नम है। छीलने वाली त्वचा, फटा त्वचा, लालिमा, फफोले, जलन, खुजली कवक संक्रमण के सबसे आम लक्षण हैं। फंगल संक्रमण की गंभीरता भिन्न लोगों के लिए भिन्न हो सकती है। ये संक्रमण अत्यधिक संक्रामक होते हैं, और यदि अनियंत्रित और अनुपचारित छोड़ दिए जाएं, तो यह कवक संक्रमण शरीर के अन्य भागों में फैल सकते है। इसलिए, जितना जल्दी हो सके फंगल संक्रमण को नियंत्रित करना आवश्यक है।
फंगल संक्रमणों के लिए उपाय
अधिकांश कवक संक्रमणों को नियंत्रित किया जा सकता है और आसानी से इलाज किया जा सकता है। एंटिफंगल दवाओं के कई प्रकार हैं। आपका डॉक्टर आपको कुछ दवाइयां लेने और उपचार प्रक्रिया को गति देने के लिए एंटिफंगल साबुन, पाउडर, क्रीम या मलहम लगाने के लिए कह सकता है। अधिकांश दवाएं कवक की कोशिका की दीवार को नुकसान पहुंचाकर काम करती हैं, जो फंगल कोशिका को मारता है।
इन दवाओं का उपयोग त्वचा, खोपड़ी और नाखूनों के फंगल संक्रमण के इलाज के लिए किया जाता है। कुछ सामान्य सामयिक दवाओं में क्लॉटियमजोल, ईकोनाजोल, केटोनिकाज़ोल, माइकोनाजोल शामिल हैं। कभी-कभी एक एंटिफंगल क्रीम को अन्य क्रीम के साथ मिलाया जाता है, जब दो कार्यों की आवश्यकता होती है। जैसे कि, कुछ चकत्ते के इलाज के लिए, एक एंटिफंगल क्रीम अक्सर एक हल्के स्टेरॉयड क्रीम के साथ जोड़ती है, जैसे हाइड्रोकार्टेसोन। एंटिफंगल क्रीम संक्रमण को साफ करता है, और हल्के स्टेरॉयड क्रीम संक्रमण की वजह से सूजन को कम कर देता है।
एक शैम्पू जिसमें किटोकोनैजोल होता है, कभी-कभी स्कैल्प के फंगल संक्रमण और कुछ त्वचा की स्थितियों का इलाज करने के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है।
पेसॅरि ऐसी गोलियां हैं जिन्हें योनि में डालने के लिए डिज़ाइन किया गया है। कुछ एंटिफंगल दवाओं को योनि थ्रश के इलाज के लिए पेसॅरियों के रूप में उपयोग किया जाता है, विशेषकर क्लोटियमियाज़ोल, ईकोनाज़ोल, माइकोनाजोल और फेंटिकॉनज़ोल।
मौखिक दवाएं कई प्रकार के हो सकते हैं। माइकोनाजोल, एक मौखिक जेल और नास्टेटिन, एक तरल मुंह पर लागू होते हैं। उनका उपयोग मुंह और गले के छाले (खरा संक्रमण) के इलाज के लिए किया जाता है। कुछ गोलियां भी उपलब्ध हैं जैसे कि टेर्बिनाफ़िन, फ्लुकोनाजोल, इट्राकोनाजोल आदि। टेर्बिनाफ़िन का आमतौर पर नाखून संक्रमण का इलाज करने के लिए उपयोग किया जाता है, जबकि फ्लुकोनाजोल आमतौर पर योनि पिंड का इलाज करने के लिए उपयोग किया जाता है।
अगर आपके शरीर के भीतर एक गंभीर फंगल संक्रमण हो, तो इनका इस्तेमाल किया जा सकता है। इन इंजेक्शन के माध्यम से दी जाने वाली दवा कवक के प्रकार पर निर्भर करती है। अम्फोटेरिसिन, एनिनडुलेफिंगिन, कैसफोफिन, और माईफॉन्गिन कुछ सामान्यतः इस्तेमाल की जाने वाली दवाइयां हैं।
Doctor. I am 43 years old .from around 6 months or so. Im getting pain during penetration. Earlier there was no problem. My husband too 46 years old hurries up in whole act as he can not control himself longer. So whole act is so hurried up that it causes pain only resulting into no sex for months or so.
I have completed my second baby's maternity of four months. So can I start with yoga to tone my body to neat shape? Is it safe doing yoga and assans?
In winters especially in north india one must take care of skin health due to excessive chills.
Apply vaseline or nariyal oil over exposed skin and especially ears, face, palm, feet etc.
I have been using yasmin tablets from the last two months. Last month my periods were fine and regular but this month I did not get my period properly. Jst a little drops.
Hi, I am 32 years female. After pregnancy my weight is gained. Now my weight is 71 kg and my height is 5.4feet Can you please suggest me the way by which I can loose my weight.
I'm a female of 21 years married last last month I and my husband stay apart because our busy job but met only 3 days in month. Doing sex in 1 time in a month cause me become pregnant?
I had 4.8 hemoglobin rate due to which I got irregular periods. Now got treated nd increase its rate to 11. But still suffer frm irregular periods.
I have only one healthy fallopian tube and other one is repaired due to ectopic pregnancy but after 1 year when I want to conceive I am unable to conceive from last three months pls advise what medication should I follow.
Morning walks don't let you easily fall into the hands of diabetes. It reduces the risk of increasing your body's sugar level to a great extent. A diabetic patient is advised to go for brisk morning walks as this control the blood sugar in their body. It is also said that if the patient keeps up the habit of going for a morning walk regularly from the initial stages, the blood sugar of the individual may come down to normal.
Your blood circulation becomes absolutely perfect if you prefer going for a brisk morning walk. This, in turn, reduces the risk of many diseases which may be the cause of the lack of physical activities.
The loss in one's weight is what every individual urge and desire for. It becomes much more applicative in case of food lovers, also termed as 'Foodies.' It becomes a heavy task for them as it is heartbreaking for them to leave the delicious food in front of them and most of them do not really bother about walks. But, this seems to be a bad idea. It is advisable to take the pain of a morning walk and redeem the gain of healthy life. Morning walks are proved to be great accelerators in reducing your weight.
Reduces risk of heart diseases:
Morning walks are like heart cures. when you make it a habit to move out in the morning for the sake of your health you reduce the risk of heart diseases manifold. It is also because of a larger amount of intake of oxygen which resultantly purifies the blood, decreasing the risk of diseases. Morning walks have also be proven healthy for the heart as it burns down extra and undesirable fats of the body which in turns maintains the cholesterol level in the body. This process reduces the risk of heart diseases to a great extent.
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.