Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Water birth, as revolutionary as it might sound, is not a bad idea. Common in the European countries like Australia and New Zealand, many birth centres in the United States have also started installing water birth tubs. It is the process of giving birth in a warm water tub, which is said to ease the process. The logic behind this goes that since the baby stays in the mother's womb for nine months in a water sac, therefore, birthing in a similar environment is better for the baby and less complex. Many obstetricians believe that this also prevents any kind of foetal complications.
There are both benefits and risk of water birth. They are as follows:
Benefits of water birth:
Water labour and water birth has the following advantages for the mother and the baby.
For the mother:
- The warm water provides mobility and comfort to the mother. The mother is also at a spontaneous position in water to change her location and deliver the baby.
- Pressure on the abdomen is decreased. Buoyancy helps in the efficient contraction of the uterine walls and it improves blood circulation, which again gives better supply of oxygen to the uterine muscles. The baby is provided with sufficient amount of oxygen while the mother endures lesser pain.
- Birthing in water helps in conservation of energy on part of the mother. The immersion helps to reduce collision with gravity and gives support to the mother's weight. This energy produced helps in coping with the uterine muscle contractions.
- The process of labour becomes more productive as it gives relaxation to the mother. While the mother calms down in the water, her hormones start working better and in turn the process is accelerated. The water also helps in soothing the pelvic muscles.
- The immersion helps in lowering the level of blood pressure and in reducing anxiety.
- Stress is hugely reduced as the mother is at ease and this helps in producing endorphins that serve as pain inhibitors.
For the baby:
- The baby gets a similar environment as the amniotic sac which helps in the birthing process gets added support.
- The stress of birth is greatly reduced.
Risks of water birth:
- There remains a risk of water embolism that is when the water enters into the mother's bloodstream.
- If the mother has herpes, this practice should not be followed as herpes spreads in water faster.
- This should be avoided in case of excessive bleeding and any kind of maternal infection.
Hi I'm 25yr old married women. How to calculate the ovulation time to get pregnant easy nd faster? or wt to do to get pregnant faster?
I am 25 years old. I intimate before 5 years, and got pregnant. he ditched me now. After some time my menstrual cycle comes in routine. But, in last 1.5 years, I have gained 20 kg weight. I joined gym. But menstrual cycle stopped. And this is irregular. It does not come for 6 months. Right now, I have stopped going gym, but still it is irregular. My mood is always swing because of normal problem. White liquid flows heavily and it is too smelly. I am getting married in next 1 year with another guy. Can you suggest me what should I do? I totally stuck my life.
I am 25 years old and married since 3 years but have no child although all the medical reports of my and my wife are normal. There is main problem is conceive.
Past seven months my daughter is suffering from heavy periods continuously. Latest ultrasound suggests enlarged ovaries and pcod. She has been suffering heavy and irregular periods since last 10 years which could only be stopped with hormonal help. Previous reports suggested small fibroids and endometrial hyperplasia. She has taken ayurvedic treatment from last one year. Latest report is not mentioning fibroid or endometrial hyperplasia but bleeding is continuing. We do want to go for allopathy treatment. Ayurvedic doctor suggested amycordial+amreeplus for this. What should she do kindly suggest? KINDLY DONT UPLOAD THIS ON WEBSITE.
My aunt she is 38 years old female she is a diabetic patient and now she has problem in right breast that she has some swelling over there and we are not understanding what's problem is that and no pain is observed and we consulted doctor they advised us to go for surgery so now we are not understanding what to do we are thinking to do surgery or not as she was a diabetic patient and we want to know is that any breast cancer? And the size of swelling or lump is 37x9mm and infection 8x3mm and please advice us what to do? Either surgery or can be cured by medication or is it Any breast cancer? Please advice us.
Had pregenancy test twice after xxx its negative, last periods were on 9th march, got normal spotting on 19th april. Bt no proper bleeding. What I am going through? am I pregnent. Or having polly cyst syndrome. Please help. i am just dying out in fear.
Hi I am unmarried 34 years old female. Recently I have been diagnosed with hormonal infection in private parts due to intercourse due to which I have gained lots of weight. Please suggest some home remedy for quick weigh loss and cure of infection.
Low back pain treatment NYCThere are many different causes of lower back pain. Pain in the lower back can be due to repetitive stress on back muscles and joints from poor posture or certain activities, or as the result of more chronic conditions such as arthritis. Back pain can affect children, adults, and seniors.
The various musculoskeletal conditions associated with low back pain are:
Diagnosing the exact cause of low back pain requires careful attention to the soft tissue structures of the pelvis and lower back, as well as the quality of the movement of the lower and upper extremities.
We will carefully assess your condition by performing a variety of orthopedic tests, functional evaluations, postural assessments, ergonomic evaluations, and thorough soft tissue explorations to determine the exact source of your pain. As needed, diagnostic imaging will also be used.
After we address your initial lower back inflammation, we will restore normal musculoskeletal function through spinal manipulation and a variety of soft tissue technique such as Active Release Technique®, Graston Technique®, Fascial Manipulation, Trigger Point Therapy, and Transverse Friction Massage. Rehabilitative and strengthening exercises will be integrated, as well.