Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pushpa Sethi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa SethiYour feedback matters!
My wife got blessed with a baby 4 months ago. Her menstrual cycle is not yet started. We are sure that she is not pregnant. We visited to nearby hospital, they advised that it would take sometime to start her menstrual cycle again. Can you pls advice? Does she want to take any tablets?
Hi. What are the possible side effects of taking pain killers for period time pain (I use it most of the time). Will it affect the child birth? Will it affect pregnancy?
Today I did the pregnancy test and got 1 dark n 1 faint pink line. I think this is the sign of positive result and I am quite happy. Want to know what needs to be done to confirm it.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries?
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
1. Immediate remedies
Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
3. Physical therapy
A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduced inflammation and relieves pain.
5. Surgical procedures
If the injury is too severe and the pain too intense, the best option for treatment is surgery. This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Me and my wife decided to go for a child. But we both don't know at what day after menstrual cycle we go for sex so to my wife get pregnant. Can you please suggest me the best days when we will sex together to get my wife pregnant?
My wife is not getting pregnant .and ovarian chest are seen in sonography. Dr. suggested for endosis tab and produtiv M for myself. How far these can help us. What is endosis for>>>? Please suggest for further process to conceive.
Hello doc, my periods are late along with that I am feeling tired and pain in my breast. My periods date is 7th august but till now they are not coming. I am too much irritated with body ache. Please help me.
Supplements are just a way to add vital nutrients in your daily nutritional intake, but are not the only solution. First of all, it is important to note that your sex life does not depend on supplements. Various other factors can both positively and negatively affect your sex life. Exercise, weight and medications you take can have both adverse and positive effects. Try to improve your sex life by altering these aspects before you use supplements. Nevertheless, here are some supplements which may be beneficial for your sex life.
- Iron: Iron is used to boost the libido of women. The libido comprises the arousal, desire as well as the ability to have an orgasm. However, too much iron is not good for you. Over 20 mg can cause stomach problems and constipation while over 60 mg is life threatening.
- Niacin: There are two types of cholesterol in your body. One is a good cholesterol, while the other is a bad cholesterol. Niacin is a type of B vitamin, which raises your good cholesterol level. Men who have high cholesterol and erectile dysfunction tend to see improvements in their symptoms by taking 1500 mg of niacin for 12 weeks.
- Yohimbine: This is a type of herbal supplement only used for men. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction and should only be used on men. However, it is worth note that high blood pressure, heart palpitations, anxiety, headaches and dizziness are all caused by yohimbine. Therefore, it should be used with care only when the doctor prescribes it.
- Panax ginseng: This is one of those rare drugs, which raises sexual desire in women and also corrects erectile dysfunction in men. It is worth mentioning that Panax ginseng also causes insomnia. Insomnia is one of the side effects of this medication along with diarrhea and painful periods for women.
- Maca: This is a type of Peruvian root vegetable. It primarily helps women who are taking antidepressants and have lost their sex drive as a result. It can also be tried safely as it is a type of food as well and therefore, it is not as dangerous as some of the other supplements on this list.