Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PujaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. I took contraceptive pill and after a week I bleed for 2 days (not a normal period. So when will my period start? if I miss it does it mean I'm pregnant? I have no symptoms like cramps nausea or vomiting.
My last period was on 12-5-2017. I had to take i-pill, after 5 days of my period, becoz of unprotected sex. I had a brownish discharge on 29-06-2017 and 30th and not bleeding. On 05-06-2017 we had unprotected sex. On 14-06-2017 I took pregnancy test, it came negative. Could I be pregnant now. Do I need to take a test on 30-06-2017.
Im 35 yrs old I get inserted IUD recently for the third time now I have white discharge after this what shall I do pls clarify.
I am 36 yrs. Pregnant. Running 32 wks. Have gestational diabetes, obstretic cholestasis, and am beta thalassemia carrier. Present hb is 7.5 after bng administrated wth orofer 2 units through IV on 4/5/2017.(Before that hb went down to 6). Was admitted in hospital on 3/5/17 with sluggish fetal movement. Done CTG on 3/5/17 .Report is ok. And colour doppler on 4/5/17 which indicates mild resistance in umbilical artery. CRP > 1. Later on after discharge from hospital colour doppler was again repeated on 14/5/17. Report is normal. I am on insulin. Doses: 6-14-4 units / day. I am been advised to take 2 shots of steroids for the development of the lungs of my unborn baby prior to delivery. Can I deliver my baby preterm at 33 wks / 34 wks? Wat can be the possible risks/ consequences? 8.
I have pcod problem. How could I have a baby. Is it possible. I tried a baby about 3yrs. But I failed. Doctor advice me to do laproscopy for a baby. What should I do. Please help me.
Hi, m 25 height 5.4' weight 49 kg, last month I found that I have multiple small cysts in my both ovaries .Right now I am having hormone-f so what should be my diet?
My wife is not getting her regular period the amount of bleeding is very low her last month period starting day was on March 24. She is having regular 30 days period every month but till now this month not so much bleeding happened from past 3 days very low amount is bleeding she got worried please tell me what is happening.
I don't get periods on time, I took treatment of 3 months but after completing treatment I didnt get periods on time. Now I didn't have periods from past 5 months please help me.
My wife's esr level is very high which is 85. Does it effect in pregnancy? how can I reduce its level?
The body has various chemicals called hormones which play a significant role in controlling various functions. Produced by organs that weigh as less as 0.5 g, these hormones control height to weight to reproduction to metabolism. It is not surprising that even little amount of variation in these hormones have a noticeable effect on the body’s functioning.
It is well acknowledged that pregnancy is a highly crucial, complicated, and anxious period of a woman’s life. The mother-to-be has the dual responsibility of taking care of her health in addition to ensuring the child within is protected and nurtured well to develop into a full-term baby. Pregnancy is controlled my many hormones and the thyroid also plays a significant role during this time. The connection between pregnancy and thyroid hormone is quite strong.
Women are more prone to develop hypothyroidism, and if diagnosed during pregnancy, extra care must be taken to ensure thyroid levels are maintained in the optimal range. Women with hypothyroidism who get pregnant can have multiple effects including the following
- Higher incidence of miscarriages: When a woman has multiple miscarriages in the first trimester, one of the reasons to rule out would be hypothyroidism. The incidence of second trimester miscarriage is also quite high in women with hypothyroidism. It is believed that thyroid controls the other female hormone levels and therefore optimal levels of T4 are essential for maintenance of pregnancy.
- Developmental defects and delays: The developing child requires its supply of hormones from the mother until it can start producing them on its own. This would take time and unless the mother is producing optimal amounts for herself, the child would not be receiving the required amounts of hormones. This means the child’s growth and development controlled by the hormones would be affected. Even after birth, there could be delays in terms of developmental milestones.
- Low birth weight: Underdevelopment of the child leads to low birth weight.
- Stillbirth: Women with hypothyroidism can also have a higher incidence of stillbirth.
- Hypertension and preeclampsia: The blood pressure could be significantly elevated and lead to complications in the later trimesters.
- Maternal emotional health: Lower levels of thyroid bring about fatigue, depression and mood swings in all women. Given the added state of pregnancy, it is not surprising there would be greater mood swings and bouts of depression and low self-esteem.
With prenatal care improving, comprehensive thyroid screening, especially in people with family history of thyroid problems, is being made mandatory. Talk to your doctor to ensure your thyroid functions are normal. This ensures thyroid levels are maintained for optimal growth of the newborn and the health of the mother is not jeopardised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.