Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyanjana Acharyya Sharma
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanjana Acharyya SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met dr Priyanjana Acharyya Sharma and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. Overnite my cold cough aggravated. I was amazed that other doctors before her were not able to even diagnose my problem, but she did it immediately and started the cold cough treatment for it. the staff was very attentive to my needs. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. A friend of mine referred to dr Priyanjana Acharyya Sharma. the interior of the the ENT Care was no nicely done, it was so clean. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Priyanjana Acharyya Sharma to anyone gladly.
I had lost hope, but the colds treatment given by dr Priyanjana Acharyya Sharma has helped me regain my confidence. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my colds. the ENT Care is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. she definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. Finally with her treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. the the ENT Care was equipped with various facilities. She is the best ENT knwon in Gurgaon.
Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing cold sores treatment was very relaxing. I have had ther cold sores from quite some time. Everything was just spick and span in the the ENT Care. Priyanjana Acharyya Sharma has broad knowledge in ENT . Initially the symptoms of cold sores were not that severe but then it became worse. she helped me in wuick recovery. I thank her for giving me such an effective treatment.
No matter how critical be the situation, she is always very calm. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of nasal disordersThe staff was very attentive to my needs. It was amazing, the The ENT Carel was so nicely made. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my nasal disorders. I owe him her a big thanks for making me fine again.
I never get sick, but then last year i started developing throat pain and it was increasing day by day. I consulted Dr Priyanjana as she has broad knowledge in ENT. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Over the period of time the throat ache treatment has helped me a lot. I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again.
Dr Priyanjana is a famous ENT specialist in Haryana. She has a broad knowledge in her field and also a great experience. I consulted her for hearing test as I was finding minor issue in hearing . But she found out the issue and treated it very well. I am impressed with the way she treats her patients.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of syphilis for which I chose to consult Dr Priyanjana. I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again. Overall syphilis treatment was very effective. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I appreciate the way he treated me.
I was suffering from hearing loss problem. She certainly knows the in and out of her speciality. The entire experience of undergoing s treatment was very relaxing. The ENT Care can handle all types of cases. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts.
i visited mam clinic for throt problem.She prescribed some medine as well some yoga.which help me lot in instant relief.I feel like taking to my family member.she has listened all my quires and answered as well.she is very good doctor. Thanks mam.
Dr. Priyanjana Acharyya Sharma provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks dear ......
Head and neck cancers usually start in the squamous cells and are also referred to as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. It occurs in the nose, throat, mouth and salivary glands. Head and Neck cancers are further classified into various categories on the basis of the area of the neck and head where they occur. Although head and neck cancers are different, they both occur inside the mouth, sinuses, nose, salivary glands and throat, which are considered as a group.
Salivary gland cancers are generally very infrequent. An assortment of cancer causing cells is present in salivary glands, so various types of salivary gland cancers have been found to occur.
If you are habituated to consuming tobacco and alcohol, then you are at the highest risk of suffering from head and neck cancer; however, it can also be caused in people who suffer from infections caused by human Papilloma virus. Other factors may include:
- Oral health- Untreated gum diseases and oral cavity can be the reasons behind the development of the disease.
- Sex- Women are less prone to head and neck cancers than men.
- Lack of Nutrition- If your body is lacking in certain nutrients; you are more likely to catch the disease.
- Age- People above 40 years of age are more susceptible to head and neck cancer.
- Difficulty in swallowing- Inflammation and pain in throat, leading to a problem in swallowing.
- Hoarse Voice- Hoarseness or change in the voice.
Apart from this, there are some symptoms which show up in a specific area of your head and neck, such as:
- Oral Cavity- A red or white patch on the tongue, the gums or the lining of the mouth.
- Pharynx- Trouble in breathing and swallowing followed by a frequent headaches.
- Surgery- Surgery is usually to remove the primary tumour in toto or as much as feasible. Also, clearence of the lymph nodes that are involved is done during surgery at the same time.
- Radiation Therapy- Radiation therapy is considered where functions like speech can be conserved.
- Chemotherapy- Radiotherapy in combination with chemotherapy can help, if you are suffering from a more advanced form of head and neck cancers.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An estimated of 10 percent or more children snore for more than 1 night. Snoring results from the obstruction of breath when the air makes its way through the mouth. The air passage of the throat through which the air goes in and out causes the tissue to vibrate causing snore. The sound of the snore totally depends on the amount of air passing through the mouth and the frequency at which the throat is vibrating. Children above the age of three years tend to snore when they are deep in sleep.
Primary and secondary snoring:
Children who are otherwise healthy should not have a snoring problem unless there is some health disorder. However, if loud snoring is observed in otherwise a perfectly healthy kid, seeking medical help is a wise thing to do. In general, primary snoring is defined as a condition which is not associated with other sleep-related disorders such as lung disorder, OASS, inability to sleep for a longer duration etc.
It is estimated that close to three percent of the children suffers from breathing problem while sleeping. OSAS is a condition which is characterised by pauses in breathing and gasps along with loud snores. There could be instances where a kids’ muscle relaxes way too much obstructing the air to pass through. The body and the brain are both alerted at this stage. As soon as the brain sends a signal, the body wakes up. Thus, most kids suffering from this disorder are not able to sleep well and tend to feel tired throughout the day.
Common causes of sleep apnea:
Sleep apena is a major cause of snoring. It can be caused because of allergies, obesity, GERD etc. In children sleep, apnea can also be caused by tonsil. Since the tonsil size of children less than 7 years of age tends to be bigger than adult individuals, it causes snoring related problem. Swollen tonsils not only obstruct air but creates other health related problems as well.
Symptoms of sleep apnea during the day and night:
- Loud snore
- Snorts, gasps, pauses during sleep
- Heavy sweat during sleep
- Social and behavioural problems
- Failure to get up in the morning
- A nasal voice
- Easily irritated, cranky and aggressive
The first thing a that a doctor does is a physical exam followed by observing the symptoms of a kid. Primary snorting can be addressed by physical exercise, counselling and breathing exercise. Problems related to apnea are addressed through medicine, counselling, and exercise. Certain dietary restrictions also needed to be followed during this time. However, apena is completely treatable within a certain time frame.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sleep apnea is a sleeping disorder in which you experience frequent breathing pauses while sleeping. In case of some, the pauses may last for just a few seconds, while for others, it may continue for a few minutes. Sleep apnea is generally chronic in nature. There are three types of sleep apnea, namely Central, Obstructive and Complex sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea occurs if the brain fails to transmit signals to the muscles responsible for your breathing functions. Obstructive sleep apnea occurs due to relaxation of your throat muscles. Complex sleep apnea refers to a combined condition of both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
Some of the possible causes of sleep apnea are as follows:
- Blockage of airway during sleep can cause sleep apnea
- Putting on weight can cause obstructive sleep apnea
- In some cases, large tonsil tissues can lead to obstructive sleep apnea in small children
- Intake of certain medicines like Oxycontin or MS Contin can cause central sleep apnea
- Male people are more prone to sleep apnea
- Smoking is also a potent trigger for sleep apnea
- At times, high blood pressure can induce sleep apnea
- Suffering from sinus can also lead to sleep apnea
- Large neck size (more than 16 inches) may cause sleep apnea
In case of some people, sleep apnea might be an inherited condition.
The most common symptoms of sleep apnea are mentioned below:
- Sometimes, obstructive sleep apnea is accompanied by choking or snorting sounds.
- You may encounter breathing trouble while sleeping, leading to a disruption of your sleep.
- Maximum times, sleep apnea is accompanied by snoring.
- Sleep apnea leads to a dry mouth, which can disturb your sleep.
- You may feel dizzy during daytime.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
How to get rid of ear wax blockage? I'm using DeWax ear drops from past 2 days but no result. Any complications?
Nasal allergies are very common and as a result, not taken seriously by most people. In most cases you patiently withstand the coughing and sneezing, which might last for an entire day and in the process might inadvertently damage your health by choosing to ignore it for the time being.
Here are some of the commonly experienced nasal allergies and what you should do to get relief from them:
- Runny or stuffy nose: The best option is to just avoid allergy triggers. For example, if pollen is your allergen, then avoid going out during the times pollen count when it is reported to be high. Or, if animals make you sneeze, then make sure to have your hands washed and clothes changed after playing with them. Do not over use decongestant sprays at all. If these symptoms persist for more than half a week, then it's time to seek your doctor's advice.
- Uncontrollable Sneezing: Again, the best option is to avoid; but in many cases, it becomes difficult for you to avoid the allergen. In those cases, try antihistamine. If that doesn't work, then you can also go for a nasal steroid spray, but again, make sure to not overuse it.
- Post Nasal Drip: Usually, you unconsciously swallow your mucus. But, if the mucus quantity increases, it becomes thicker and results in post-nasal drip. It isn't much common, but you can practically feel the mucus dripping into your throat from the back of the nose. It can result in a lumpy feeling in the throat and can cause irritation. You can try drinking more fluids and using a nasal spray to reduce the mucus quantity. If that doesn't work, then it's time to seek advice from your doctor.
- Eyes that itch: Watery eyes that itch are annoying companions of nose allergy and though they might not be a serious hazard for the eyes, you cannot ignore them. Try wearing sunglasses when you go out into a reportedly high-pollen-count weather. It might be a better option to forego contact lenses; they can escalate the entire eye-itching problem. If it becomes too itchy, you can place a cold washcloth over your eyes.
Testing an Allergy: Allergy testing is commonly done by by skin prick test, in order to diagnose the allergens. Once, the allergens are diagnosed, immunotherapy can be started, which will help in improving the symptoms of and in many cases, it provides complete cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Usher syndrome is a genetic disorder that is characterized by complications in vision and hearing; the most common of them being partial/complete loss of hearing and retinitis pigmentosa. Retinitis pigmentosa is characterized by progressive deterioration of the retina, resulting in deprivation of peripheral vision and subsequent night blindness.
The symptoms and its rate of progression usually vary among people. Usher syndrome is classified into three types:
- Type 1: In this type, children are born with balance issues and hearing loss problems. The symptoms of night blindness and loss of peripheral vision associated with ‘Retinitis Pigmentosa’ only appear in the early stages of adolescence.
- Type 2: In type 2, children are born with moderate to mild hearing loss problems. Retinitis Pigmentosa develops soon after the child reaches adolescence.
- Type 3: In type 3 Usher Syndrome, children are usually born with normal hearing skills, however, loss of hearing and Retinitis pigmentosa occur soon after puberty.
Hearing loss in Usher syndrome occurs when the nerve cells that are present in the cochlear (inner ear’s spiral cavity) are affected by genetic mutation. A similar problem occurs in the cells of the retina leading to loss of vision. These cells allow conversion of light into electrical signals for the brain to interpret them. Both the parents need to pass the mutated gene to the child for it to be affected. If the child has only one gene, then he/she rarely develops the symptoms.
This disorder does not have any prescribed course of treatments. The vision loss that occurs in this disorder can be slowed down by nutritional therapy. This therapy involves providing the body with essential amounts of vitamin A which can help in reducing vision loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Allergic rhinitis is characterized by symptoms of a runny nose, congestion, itchy eyes and sneezing. This disorder is usually caused by allergens such as pollen and dust. Commonly known as hay fever, allergic rhinitis may exhibit the following symptoms:
The symptoms of allergic rhinitis are:
1. You may experience a runny nose and congestion in the nose
2. You may have allergic conjunctivitis where your eyes turn itchy and watery
3. Persistent coughing
4. Symptoms of sneezing
5. Swelling may develop underneath the eyes
6. You may have an itchy nose
7. Constant signs of fatigue
Allergic rhinitis or hay fever causes the immune system to recognize certain airborne substances as harmful. The immune system in the body starts to form antibodies to combat these irritants. The antibodies cause the body to release “histamine”, a chemical that triggers the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
The various triggers that may cause allergic rhinitis are:
1. Dust mites
2. Tree pollen
3. Grass pollen
4. Spoors from outdoor and indoor fungi
5. Ragweed pollen
The treatment for this disorder is to avoid exposure to the triggers. Mild symptoms of this disorder may be treated with over-the-counter medications whereas severe symptoms may require prescription medications.
The various medications for allergic rhinitis are:
- Antihistamines: Antihistamines may be administered as pills or nasal sprays; these medications can help with itching and sneezing. Antihistamines help in limiting the effects of histamine in the body.
- Nasal corticosteroids: These prescription medications can help treat itching and inflammation in the nose. They are usually the first medications that are administered.
- Decongestants: Decongestants are over-the-counter medications that can be used to treat congestion in the nose. You should be careful not to overuse these medicines as they can increase blood pressure.
- Allergy shots: If medications do not relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, the doctor may prescribe allergy shots to treat the disorder. The injections contain allergens in small amounts which are injected over a period of time; this causes the body to get used to these allergens, resulting in a reduction of the symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Tonsillitis is a condition, which is characterized by infection of the tonsils in your throat. The tonsils are a pair of lymph nodes that are situated in the throat; its primary function is to protect the body from various infections. Although the disorder can occur at any age, it is majorly common among children. A large number of bacteria or viruses can cause this disorder, but the most serious symptoms occur when it is caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
The first defense mechanism of the body is made up of the tonsils. They synthesize white blood cells which fight against infections. Although tonsils combat these infections, at times, they can fall prey to the same, thus resulting in tonsillitis. Tonsillitis can be caused by both virus and bacteria; however, it is mostly caused by the former. Kids and school going children are very vulnerable to this disorder as they can come in contact with harmful viruses and bacteria very easily.
You will experience symptoms such as a sore throat, bad breath and have difficulty in speaking. Swelling of the tonsils will also make swallowing of food a difficult affair. Other symptoms of tonsillitis are stomach cramps, fever and headaches. The neck and the jaw may also feel tender due to the swollen lymph nodes.
If the symptoms are mild, then it usually does not require any specific treatment. For severe symptoms, antibiotics are prescribed to combat the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place. Chronic cases of this disorder warrant a surgery known as tonsillectomy. This is a surgical procedure to remove the tonsils. In case of dehydration, intravenous fluids are administered.
In addition to these treatment methods, there are certain home remedies that you can follow. The tips you can follow are:
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Use a humidifier
- Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with salt, regularly
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A cochlear implant is beneficial if you are deaf or have difficulties in hearing. Cochlear implants are not hearing aids which just raise the volume of the different sounds you hear; they are surgically implanted inside your head. The implant transmits impulses straight to the auditory nerves which send the signals to the brain.
Cochlear implants can help you with sounds such as telephones, alarms or doorbells ringing. You can even understand speech or listen to music again with the help of cochlear implants.
How Cochlear Implants Work?
Cochlear implants are for adults and children with sensorineural (hearing loss caused by damage to the inner ear) hearing loss.
The device consists of two parts:
The receiver-stimulator: this part is surgically implanted under the skin.
The speech processor: this part is placed externally, behind the ear.
The receiver-stimulator is placed first, and two weeks after the procedure, the speech-processor is installed. If there are sounds around you, the microphone on the speech processor will pick them up and transform them into electrical impulses. The receiver-stimulator receives these impulses through the electrodes inside them. The electrodes then send the electrical impulses to stimulate the auditory nerves, and ultimately, the sounds picked up will reach the brain.
Advantages Of Cochlear Implants-
Some advantages of cochlear implants include:
Being able to hear at normal volumes.
Understanding speech without the need to lip-read.
Listening to and talking over the phone get easier.
Being able to hear music better after the surgery.
Picking up loud, medium and soft sounds.
Modulating your own voice gets better, so others understand you easily.
Disadvantages/Risks Associated With Cochlear Implants-
The risks of cochlear implants are common surgical after-effects such as infection, bleeding and anaesthetic side-effects. Some other complications include:
Alteration in sense of taste due to nerve injury.
Paralysis or weakness on the face due to nerve damage.
Tinnitus (Ringing in the ear).
Fluid leakage around the brain.
Device can be faulty or get infected.
Meningitis (An infection in the brain).
People Who Can Get Cochlear Implant-
You are eligible to get a cochlear implant if you have:
Profound to severe hearing loss.
Problems with the hearing aid.
A strong wish to improve your hearing.
Even children with severe hearing loss in both the ears can get a cochlear implant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ear-nose-throat-ent-specialist and ask a free question.