Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Preety AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, My periods are delayed by 8 days. And I have tested pregnancy test on 4th day and 6th day, it was negative. Doctor prescribed me sysron NCR for getting period. I just took 2 dose of tablet and getting very light period. Is it monthly period or I will get period after complete medication? I don't want pregnancy, I hope am not pregnant. Is light period symptoms of pregnancy?
I'm 35 weeks pregnant last scan reports anterior middle grade 2 afi adequate fetal heart rate 145/min weight 2409gms.
Explained some of home remedies used in different chronic disorder, used it to avoid such disorder more details available on our website - www.jeevaniya.com
I have pcos. I am taking homeopathy medication for this. My ferritin level is low and hair fall. I am confused about pcos diet. Some said dairy products are bad for pcos. And some says animal protein are bad. And also soya product make worse in pcos. So what should I have for protein. Other protein source are very costly and I have to take enough protein for my hair growth. I don't want to take any supplements kindly do advice.
What does high levels of esr and lymphocytes in blood indicate. Do they increase or decrease during menstrual cycle.
Hi doctor. I got married in 2014. But we were not ready for baby that time but after 2.5 years now we want to go for family planning. Please help me to understand what precautions and what all things we need to take care. We are trying from last one month but no positive response we are getting. My husband age is 32 and I am 28. Will there be any problem while pregnancy. Do we consult some specialist? Doc please help me. Our age is fine for family planning? Will there by any such problems like infertility. actually I am very tensed and not able to understand the reason after making 6-7 tries I have not got any positive response. That's why. please help me to understand what action or what are the important things that we need to take care. My periods are regular I mean it's not 28 cycle sometime it is 30 or 35 also but I used to get periods every monthly.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.