Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Interstitial Lung Disease
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Sarcoidosis
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant SaxenaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hello sir, tuberculous pericarditis ka treatment kya hai aur kitne dino me tb pericarditis theek ho jata hai sir mere doctor sirf omnicortil chala rahe hain kya Issey tb pericarditis theek ho jata hai sir please help me bahut takleef hoti hai dard hota hai aur saans bhi foolti hai please help.
Do you know about a condition called cystic fibrosis that makes your baby’s skin taste very salty after birth? The condition changes over time, in which the body makes sweat and mucus, and also affects the digestive system and lung functioning. The condition generally occurs because of a flawed gene. This is a severe and life-threatening disease that affects different people in different ways.
The gene, called CTFR is present in all humans. It makes a protein that controls the amount of water and salt, which get moved in and out of your cells. In the case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken. This happens when a person inherits two bad copies of this specific gene. One bad CFTR gene may cause your cells to make the wrong or imbalanced amount of water and salt. Because of this, your body becomes unable to get the supply of sufficient nutrients and oxygen that are lost through sweating.
There are several symptoms associated with cystic fibroids that include the following:
- It is likely for you to cough up thin mucus, along with shortness of breath, and wheezing.
- The development of polyps in your nose is indicated.
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or bronchitis may occur.
- Your stool may be oily, bulky, and with a foul odor.
- Liver diseases and gallstones may develop later in life because of cystic fibroids.
There is no certain treatment for cystic fibroids. However, there are various treatment procedures that are used for providing relief to the symptoms of the condition. This allows an affected patient to breathe easily, feel better, and experience lesser stomach infections. You can opt for airway clearance technique that helps you with your breathing. The procedure involves the clearance of mucus from your lungs. This procedure is carried out in several ways and special devices may be used during the proceedings.
- Certain inhaled drugs like steroids, salt solutions, and antibiotics are used for thinning your mucus layers, and for clearing lung infections.
- If your pancreas do not work properly, you may be prescribed enzyme pills for the digestion of fats and protein, and for the absorption of more nutrients from the food you consume.
- You may also be prescribed vitamin A, D, and E supplements for getting these nutrients, which are not being absorbed by your intestine.
- You must consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of cystic fibrosis in your baby. This will allow the condition to be diagnosed at an early stage, thereby preventing further worsening. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!