Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramila Sharma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Pramila SharmaYour feedback matters!
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Hello Doctor, 1. How to keep our mood (nerve system) normal? 2. How to keep ourselves far from stress & pressure?
In the difficult situations sometimes I suffer with anxiety and all time thinking about my health that am I normal? When I overcome this disease? Feeling a lot of pressure in making decisions that causes anxiety. Actually 5 years ago I drunk some kind of being mixed in milk. Then suddenly I was start feeling very dizziness and feeling my mind was not stable n start think I will be no more due to this. From that day a kind of guilt made in my mind that why I take that drink. Sir, please advise me for my best. Till that day m taking some medicine regularly from a psychologist.
I am 26 year old I have a Stammering problem from long year. I am getting fail because of that problem. I want to get solution for my problem.
Hello sir 3 year ago I go in chronic depression for 2 months but after that my memory so weak and brain feel heaviness and difficulty in deep breathing and always feel tiredness and laziness but at present I not take any type of tension so why im feel tiredness and laziness please help its so serious.
Hi doctor I visited spa centre for body massage and had a body massage. At end she gave a hand job till I ejaculate. I worried of getting herpes and other STD through this. This happened 5 weeks before. Due to anxiety am getting mad because of fear. Am not sexually active and this happened only once. Because of fear I got test for herpes result is negative. Still am stress because of this. please help me doctor. Can get herpes or other STD through hand job. Nothing happened other than hand job. I didn't touch her. Waiting for your reply Thank you.
I have remembering problem and I forget all things what I have learned one month back. What should I?
I just read 8 benefits of jaggery in Lybrate .but I want to know does jaggery helps in for curing cholesterol and also does a diabetic patient can take jaggery in daily diet.
Meri saadi ko 3 mahine hue hai. Aur mere husband ka salary ko le kr mujhse kuch kuch chupana .hmare beech me distances laa rha hai .mujhe smjh nhi aa rha kya kru. Mujhe dar hai kahin rista tut na jaaye .main inse Bahut pyar krti hun inke bina nhi rh skti. Aur ab roj roj ki fight se mentally disturb rhne lgi hun. Aur tabiyat bhi thik nhi rhti.
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I'm a smoker and finding it very hard to quit is there any medicines to help me quit smoking or reduce the urge of smoking. Please let me know. Thank you.
DOCTOR When I use to be with my elder brother I NEVER FELT IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER GIRL HOW TO OVERCOME FROM THAT GIRL BECAUSE MY PARENTS WON'T ACCEPT MY RELATIONSHIP WHAT TO DO DOCTOR SHE COMES IN A DREAM TO WHAT TO DO HELP ME BECAUSE OF HER I FOUGHT WITH MY BROTHER FATHER AND MOM TO Please help me.
These days it seems everyone is living and breathing stress. Trying to undo the tension can just add more stress if you take the wrong approach. But there’s no need to do that; there are many healthy, proven ways to get stress relief.
Here are some tried and true tips to get stress relief:
“Run, do some yoga, punch a bag at the gym,”. Exercise is a way to manage stress that doesn’t have to add to your financial woes. For example, a 20-minute walk or jog around your block can yield up to 12 hours of improved mood. The main thing is to find a physical activity that you enjoy, whether it’s dancing or fly fishing.
Spending time with friends and family who give you a sense of belonging, purpose, and fun may provide all the stress relief you need.
Dedicating a period of time every day to write about a situation that is bothering you may reduce tension and give you stress relief for the rest of the day. Keeping a journal can also help you solve problems or find positive angles amongst the stressors.
Laughter really is the best medicine. It is proven to lower tension, and at the same time, improves blood flow and the health of your heart. Rent a funny movie or hang out with that wannabe-comedian pal, and forget about your worries for a while.
Take care of yourself
W'hen tension spikes, it can be tempting to put yourself last — but prioritizing healthy eating, physical activity, relationships, and sleep is necessary if you want to avoid making your stress worse.
Get some fresh air
If you are cooped up inside all day, take a few minutes to get outside and see the sun. A little time in the great outdoors can improve your mood and help you relax.
Be kind to yourself
Think about positive affirmations daily. Thinking negative thoughts only makes you feel bad and will increase stress. Tell yourself you are doing a good job, and believe it!
Practice deep breathing and meditation exercises daily, and when you feel tension rising.
Showing thanks for your family, friends, and loved ones and being thankful for the positive aspects of your life has a calming affect. Not only does it give you perspective, it makes other people feel good, too.
Make a change
Sometimes the best way to obtain stress relief is to remove your source of tension. “for example, if you are in a job working at a certain pace in an environment that is objectively painful because of your boss, coworkers, and so on, and you’re doing it because you can earn 10 percent more money than doing something else, you could calculate that you might be better off doing something else,”.
Many people turn to unhealthy choices in an attempt to cope with tension, says goodstein. These include:
Even a seemingly harmless source of stress relief, such as computer games, can add to your problems if it cuts into the time you need to take care of yourself. Chances are that if you play computer games more than seven hours a week, you could be losing two hours of sleep a night — which will actually add to your tension in the long run. If you notice that you are starting to depend on unhealthy sources of stress relief and you can’t make a change on your own, seek help.
Some stressors are chronic and unremitting. “you may want to take a broad overview of your life to see if you have allowed yourself to be encumbered by factors that are making your life unpleasant.” if so, consider making a lifestyle change.
If you’ve been hiking, socializing, and taking care of yourself and you still have high levels of stress, talk to your doctor. Your tension could be a sign of another health issue.
Remember, you don’t have to live with tension. In fact, not only is tension unpleasant, but it is unhealthy. Keep trying out stress-relief techniques until you find the ones that work for you.
"Lung diseases caused by smoking. If you have asthma, tobacco smoke can trigger an attack or make an attack worse. Smokers are 12 to 13 times more likely to die from COPD (long term lung disease Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease) than nonsmokers.”
Smoking puts you at risk for developing many cancers including Lung cancer.
Smoking makes it more difficult to control your blood sugar. And the reason is the NICOTINE.
Nicotine raises levels of hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) by as much as 34%.
HbA1c is a blood test performed generally every 3 months which indicates overall blood sugar control during the previous 3 months.
Non-Diabetics are increasing their risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes by smoking, for the exact same reasons.nicotine elevates blood sugar levels.
Nicotine replacement products such as patches and nicotine-containing electronic cigarettes, aren’t a safe option as well. ‘Because they still contain nicotine, these products are just as likely to boost A1c levels as cigarettes are.'”
“In order to minimize your chances of developing Diabetes or Diabetic complications, you need to quit smoking,”
Have you successfully quit smoking? What was your personally approach for success? You can share your idea to help others as well.