Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Pramila SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am a student and I am unable to concentrate whenever I try to study, my mind wanders so can you please suggest me any way so that I can concentrate properly.
Hi I couldn't learn English. This is big barriers for my career. And also didn't understand other things. Like maths. Language. People. Situations.
Hi doctor. Previous time I am in 8 class to drink a desi alcohol drink. After one day my throat is tried, like cuff,(khasi. My current voice change into a hard voice .that I am 22 years old today my voice is same it very hard. And I talk with some that second person can fear. Say me your voice is very hard. What I can do. Please suggest me.
How to get memory better. I don't remember things and having very weak memory. Is masturbation and sexual activities make memory weak? What are the activities and games helps to make better memory?
I am having premature ejaculation problem can not even last for 30 seconds. My girlfriend is laughing at me. Please help me. I do not smoke, drink or eat tobacco.
I have social anxiety. As a result I am unable to move freely with my colleagues in office. I am feeling so much depressed.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
A friend of mine was healthy and problem free. He had an argument with someone very close to his heart and he is possessive about. My friend is very sensitive about that person and the person means a lot to him. Now after the argument my friend started sweating, had vomiting and passed 2-3 stools. I am really worried about him since distance does not permit me to go and see him. Is it some sign of cardiac arrest or something?
I have been worrying about body pains anf viral fever as these are with me for once in a month. How to overcome it?
Dear Sir/Madam, This is to inform that in last 1 year I had 3 stroke. I lost the complete memory and fell down without any prior symptoms. Its sudden and after app. 30-45 I used to found myself in hospital. I didn't remember what had happened in between. I have been in consultation with neurologist and taking levera 750. Pls suggest is this the symptom of brain stroke or any other disease and treatment for that Thanks.
I do desk jobs daily for at least 10-12 hours from home. My job is mainly related to freelance assignment solving. But for last few weeks, I'm facing serious headache problems. Even after 10 minutes staring to the monitor, I can't work any more. I feel disgusted and depressed. Can you help me?
Hi Dr, I think I am suffering from depression case I can not sleep at night properly. Every time my mind is thinking about any ubbish thing. Some time I want to die still can not forget my fathers death. afraid of aloneness. When ever I am at my home and no one is with me I just want to cry. Do not. One more thing when ever I think over my Blood pressure decrease. When I am tense I want to take alcohol. Need some solution.
Hi I have been suffering with Anxiety and Muscle tension I want to stop Medicines (duloxetine) I am tired of Medicines, studies say medical marijuana if taken in limits helps brain and relaxes muscles is it true?
Nervous in my life, depression, anxiety, not interest in life, any one can`t from me, bad thinking, some times very nervous, attempt to suicide, heavy more problems in my life.
I am consuming high alcohol .daily basis, right now I am suffering from gastric problem. Chest problem low blood pressure. I want to leave alcohol.
Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental and emotional condition that is characterised by a heavily distorted thought process as well as hallucinations and even extreme fear that borders on paranoia. Let us find out more about this debilitating disease:
- Genetics: Genetic factors play an important role in the development of schizophrenia.
- Environment: Possible environmental factors include obstetric complications, the mother's exposure to influenza during pregnancy or starvation. It has also been suggested that stress, trauma even migration can lead to the emergence of schizophrenia.
- Neurodevelopmental Factors: Schizophrenia appears to be a neurodevelopmental disorder. That is changes that cause the illness have been occurring from the earliest stages of development even in utero, and may continue to influence the development of the brain over the first 25 years of life.
This disease has a variety of symptoms include cognitive and emotional ones that can vary in the degree and severity. One of the most common symptoms included hallucinations and delusions where the patient may end up imagining things that do not really exist. The patient may also be gripped by sudden and crippling fear like paranoia, which can be debilitating as far as everyday functioning of the person goes. The symptoms can also interfere with the way a person deals with situations and life skills on a cognitive basis. Withdrawal and hopelessness are also a part of this disease.
Antipsychotics are the mainstay of treatment. The earliest signs and symptoms must be referred to a psychiatrist. The treatment involves the management of the case of an individual basis along with psychological rehabilitation programs and inclusion of the patient in self-help groups. Housing and employment programs must also be availed so as to keep the patient busy. Also, behaviour therapy will be required in such cases. The mode of counselling should usually be on a one on one basis, although many doctors also suggest that group therapy can help in showing examples of progress so as to encourage the patient to change and get a new lease of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.