Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Sir I am suffering from herpes and it is spreading day by day about 10 cm diameter .and itching every time .please help me sir.
Hi I am 19 week pregnant. I cant control my sex. I want to have it daily. What should I do? is it good or bad for me if I have sex daily?
My wife got abortion one month before now period is not coming on time. Is it any problem? Should I consult a doctor.
Hello, I got married since last 8 months. I have been having sex frequently with my wife. We also perform oral sex. My wife likes when I do oral sex on her. My question is, is there any harm in swallowing my wife's vaginal secretions?
My period is irregular. But my all reports normal and my husband too. I want to be pregnant as soon as possible. So please tell me what should I do. How can I know my fertile days. Bcoz period irregular.
Hi, My weight is 60 kg and height is 153 cm. I had c-section two months ago. How much should I reduce? I breast feed my baby. Suggest some ideas to reduce weight.
Dengue fever is a virus-caused disease that is spread by the bite of mosquitoes (Aedes-aegypti). This is also known as Break bone fever. WHO currently estimates there may be 50–100 million dengue infections worldwide every year. Dengue is not transmitted directly from person-to-person.
Its symptoms range from mild fever to fatigue, headache,
joint and muscle aches,nausea or vomiting,
swollen lymph nodes.
In severe cases hemorrhage dengue fever which is characterized by fever, abdominal pain, persistent vomiting, bleeding and breathing difficulty; can be fetal due to blood loss.
Prevention: Clothing, mosquito repellent, and netting can help reduce exposure to mosquitoes. Traveling during periods of minimal mosquito activity can also be helpful.
Homeopathic management: Homeopathy has been used successfully in India to tackle this epidemic. The selection of homoeopathic remedies depends upon the individual response to infection.
Dr Rushali Angchekar
Meri wife 1 month ki pregnant ho gayi thi hume baccha abhi nhi chahiye tha uske baad maine use dava la kr diya usne dava khaya or aaj total 22 days ho gaye h use blooding ho raha hai or ab ham hospital ya or kahi nhi jana chahate hai koi naturally ya fir use koi problem na koi dava bata sakte hai to accha hoga or use aise dekh kr mujhe accha nhi lag raha hai or o kitna kuch sahi meri wajah se please kuch dava se possible hona wala treatment hai ya kuch jo hai o bata do plz.
My mothers gets body pain everyday n has severe pain during menstrual. Is it because of her age turning for menopause or something else?
Sir kya periods me sex kiya ja sakta he kya .or agar kiya ja sakta he tho kya condom use karna compulsory he. Kya period me sex ke time pain jyada hota he.
I got 5 months old baby. What can I apply for the stretch marks appears on my stomach? Please can you suggest me any cream or oil through which I can ride off my stretch marks?
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.