Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja BansalYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I am 22 years old I am doing sex with a married women without any protection she do not have any health issue and she is also doing with her husband also does it leads to aids if I continue sex with her with out any protection.
1. Eggs are considered a great option to increase sperm count, as well as improve their motility. High in vitamin e and full of protein, eating eggs protect sperm cells from the free radicals that can decrease your count. These nutrients assist in the production of strong and healthy sperm, which is important to fertility.
2. Spinach folic acid is vital to the development of healthy sperm. Spinach and other types of leafy green vegetables are a rich source of this vitamin. When your folate levels are low, there is a greater chance you will produce malformed sperm. This will lead to sperm that will have a hard time reaching the egg and penetrating its protective barrier. Also, there is a greater chance of birth defects because of the faulty sperms chromosomal abnormalities.
3. Bananas are full of vitamin a, b1 and c, which help your body produce healthier sperm, as well as increase your sperm productivity. This tropical fruit also contains a rare enzyme called bromelain. This is a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme which also boosts sperm count and motility.
4. Dark chocolate dark chocolate is often associated with lust filled rendezvous. Strawberries dipped in chocolate next to a glass of champagne on a bedside table greet many a guest during their honeymoon. What you probably didn't know is dark chocolate is great for your sperm count as well. It contains an amino acid called l-arginine hcl known to increase semen volume and sperm count. It has also been rumored to increase orgasm intensity.
5. Asparagus another food to increase sperm count is the green vegetable called asparagus. Super high in vitamin c, it has a wide range of positive effects on your sperm. It protects the cells of your testicles and fights free radicals, allowing for greater sperm production of healthy swimmers.
6. Broccoli besides asparagus, another green vegetable full of folic acid is broccoli. Folic acid, also known as vitamin b9, is already known to help women conceive and is now becoming more recognized as important in male fertility. In one study, men taking a daily dose increased their sperm count by as much as 70%.
7. Pomegranatesthis delicious fruit is known as a powerful food to increase sperm count and improve semen quality. It is full of antioxidants that fight free radicals in the blood stream. Unchecked, they can destroy semen and significantly decrease your sperm count. The juice of pomegranates has been recorded throughout history as being used as a fertility booster.
8. Walnuts are full of omega-3 fatty acids that help boost sperm volume and production by increasing blood flow to the testicles. It is also full of arginine, known to increase semen volume. It contains twice as much antioxidants than another nuts, helping you fight toxins in your blood stream
9. Garlic is known around the world as a food good for boosting immunity. Among its many properties are vitamin b6 and selenium, both of which play roles in healthy sperm production. Taken by many for its blood cleansing abilities, garlic prevents buildup in arteries and allows for better blood flow to your testicles.
10. Zinc rich foods rich in zinc include barley, red meat, beans, etc. Zinc plays a vital role in sperm development. The mineral is found in high concentrations in testicles during the production of healthy, strong semen. So important is zinc, deficiencies of the mineral has been blamed for low sperm motility. It is important to note you can have too much zinc so it is imperative to regulate your intake to about 15 mg per day.
Hello doctor! My mother has facing problems related to periods .Her periods became more painful then they used to be. She has irregular periods, and so much bleeding. Is it normal? Or is it any type of disease? What can she do for relief or any basic treatments like medicine? Help me please!
Please help, I want to know what I was going through. I am a 56 years old female and have enlisted all the symptoms I was going through for almost ten days. 1. Feeling down and weak. Every now and then especially when I attempt to lie down, having severe headache (pulpy inside) which is very painful, occasionally giving me an experience of as if bubble bursting inside, which is unbearably painful but gives relief later. 2. Simultaneously with this bubble bursting, I noticed feeble palpitation and movement in my upper right abdomen (similar to as I felt when baby kicked inside when I was pregnant.) 3. There is pain/tenderness on left side below the left ear. 4. Having temperature above 100 on and off now for a week. 5. In the morning as I clear my nasal passage, there is bright red blood discharge followed by severe weakness. 6. Vertigo all day long. 7. It is so severe that I get the feeling if it worsens to next step, I would be gone. 8. I am DM II. My blood sugar was remaining high irrespective of eating anything or not. Metformin was not helping. Please put some light if it should concern me for further investigations? Thanks in advance.
I read on Internet that load of people have got pregnant from there man coming in them 3 days before they released a egg and still got pregnant so I has sex on wednesday and I release a egg on friday so does the cum from wednesday stay Alive in me to hatch my egg on friday or not need no before tomorrow friday.
I am a 28 year old unmarried girl. My periods are regular since the beginning. Last one was 21aug-24aug, 2016. I have no gynaeco-problem as well. But, Since a week only my left nipple is paining. There is no swelling, no lumps are felt, no discoloration of nipple area, nothing is abnormal in looks. Only a mild pain is there 24x7. I feel discomfort and much worried. Kindly help me. What can be the problem? What should I do? Please reply.
I am 25 year male and married since May 2015. From December 2015 we are trying for baby but no positive result yet, even we have had sex regular after one week from period. Please suggest.
Hello doctor, my age is 24, my main problem is less flow of blood in periods. My height is 5 feet 4 inch and my weight is 75 kg. Consult from the doctor she did my many test and we found that there are 3 problems that' s why the period' s flow is less. 1. Anemia 2. Thyroid 3. Kind of ppc (don' t knw the full name) now my treatment is going from last 5 mnth i' m talking the medicine of thyroid and now it' s in control it' s 4.5. And i' m talking the medicen of iron. And in between sometime my periods come fine bt some time the flow is less. Now i' m not understanding that what ll I do. Kindly please suggest me. And fine the solution for me.
I am suffering from pcos. Doctor give me medicine ovafem plus 75mg capsule twice a day And actually when I start taking medicine. I feel a backache. And blood in stool.
I am the age of 21 I have had sex first time while emitting there is lot of bleeding in private part from last four days there is continuous bleeding in the morning time while toilet. is this is normal ?
In our day to day lifestyle, it has become very difficult to maintain routine and habits to the optimal level. But in order to, function efficiently and to put your body in full functioning capacity, here are five energy boosting foods to try:
- Honey: This natural sweetener is extremely low on the glycemic index and acts as muscle fuel, thus helping you to replenish the muscles during and post exercising. It is literally nature's counterpart to an energy drink that can be added to tea, water or even your yoghurt.
- Banana: One of the most popular and well loved energy foods, bananas being mostly composed of sugars, can provide a head-on energy boost.
- Nuts: They are extremely important in converting sugar into energy. Also, they are extremely handy to munch on when feeling lethargic or low in energy. Nuts like almonds, cashew nuts or hazelnuts are rich in magnesium and help to keep blood sugar levels even and supply protein to keep the hunger away.
- Cardamom: This popular spice is well known to help boost energy by promoting blood flow. Indulge in a cardamom laden curry or a tea infused with cardamom to combat low energy levels.
- Apples: Since they take much longer to digest in comparison to other fruits, these beautiful fruits provide a more prolonged energy boost. Being high in fiber, they're easy to carry around and munch on.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are several more where they came from. Pick out the food items that are easily available for you and keep them at hand to pick you up when you function on low energy levels.
Related Tip: "Top 5 Carb Rich Foods for Breakfast"
Ankles, feet and fingers often swell a little in pregnancy as your body is holding more water than usual.
Towards the end of the day, the extra water tends to gather in the lowest parts of the body, especially if the weather is hot or if you have been standing a lot. The gradual swelling isn't harmful to you or your baby, but it can be uncomfortable.
Avoiding and Easing Swollen ankles:
- Avoid standing for long periods
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Do the foot exercises
Foot Exercises During Pregnancy:
You can do foot exercises sitting or standing. They improve blood circulation, reduce swelling in the ankles, and prevent cramp in the calf muscles:
Bend and stretch your foot up and down 30 times
Rotate your foot in a circle eight times one way and eight times the other way
Repeat with the other foot
When swelling can be serious:
You should seek medical attention immediately if your face, feet or hands swell up suddenly. A pregnancy condition called pre-eclampsia can cause sudden swelling, although most women with swelling don't have pre-ecplampsia.
If it happens to you, consult a gynaecologist, or hospital immediately. If you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll need to be monitored carefully, as the condition can be serious for both you and your baby.
I am 28 and my wife is 27. We are married from last 3.5 years and have a baby girl of 1.5 yrs. Initially my wife used to have sex regularly, but nowadays she is not at all interested in sex. She do not like having it, situation is that at tyms its only once in a month. I have to taunt her or pressurise her to have otherwise she will not have there is very rare occasions when se gets excited. I had tried everything to fantasies her but she is as it is. When asked she used to say that I am getting tired and want sleep thats why, although she is a housewife. Apart from the household work nothing extra she do. What should I do to bring my sex life normal.
Ek ladki ka period time ni aa rha h 3 month se. Jo ki usne sex kabhi kiya hi ni. Uski age h 16 year. Iska kya ilaj h. And please Hindi me bataye. Thank you.
From past some days my menses is in spam of 15-16 days, Frσm lαѕt two mσnth i have got periods 4 times (two times in a month) Is their anything to worry about? Please tell me if any check up is needed?
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - the woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA.
Related Tip: How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??