Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poohar Barua
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poohar BaruaYour feedback matters!
Many of us associate fiber with digestive health and bodily functions
We’d rather not think about.
However, eating foods high in dietary fiber can do so much more than keep you regular.
Unfortunately, most of us aren’t eating nearly enough in our diets. By using these tips to add more fiber to your diet, you can help prevent serious disease and look and feel your best.
The health benefits of fiber
Yes, fiber offers a healthy and effective way to stay regular. But that’s not the only reason why we should be including more in our diets. Many different studies have highlighted how eating a diet high in fiber can boost your immune system and overall health, and help you look and feel your best.
Some of the benefits include:
Digestive health : Let’s get this one out of the way first. Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements by bulking up stools and making them easier to pass. This can help relieve and prevent both constipation and diarrhea.
Eating plenty of fiber can also reduce your risk for diverticulitis (inflammation of the intestine), hemorrhoids, gallstones, kidney stones, and provide some relief for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Heart disease : Fiber, particularly soluble fiber, is an important element of any heart-healthy diet. Eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol. A high fiber intake can also reduce your risk for metabolic syndrome, a group of risk factors linked to coronary heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Fiber can help to lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, improve levels of HDL (good) cholesterol, and shed excess weight around the abdomen.
Diabetes : A diet high in fiber—particularly insoluble fiber from cereals—can lower your risk for type 2 diabetes. If you already have diabetes, eating soluble fiber can slow the absorption of sugar and improve your blood sugar levels.
Cancer : There is some research that suggests eating a high-fiber diet can help prevent colorectal cancer, although the evidence is not yet conclusive. Diets rich in high-fiber foods are also linked to a lower risk for other common digestive system cancers, including stomach, mouth, and pharynx.
Skin health : When yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks or acne. Eating fiber, especially psyllium husk (a type of plant seed), can flush toxins out of your body, improving the health and appearance of your skin.
Hai I'm in 34 th weeks pregnancy now. And I have my baby boy. My bumb is not looking big. Should I worry about my bumb size because I want my baby so chubby.
I am Dr. Rajveer here, sharing exerience of mine with regards to treatment of coccydynia / Tailbone Pain. We get 70-80% cases from sitting professionals. Therefore be alert you might be one of them. Be careful before you reach me for treatment. To avoid damage, regular with exercise, walking, jogging, running, as per your interest. And if anything major kindly contact us.
Pregnent hone se pehle girls ko koi injection dena padta hai kya jis se bachhe k vikas me koi problem no is liye Aesa hai to kon sa injection hai Or kaha dila sakte h injection.
My question is to every doctor regarding the psychology of patient. As my cousin gave birth to a child through c section delivery. During c section doctor (lady) found fibroids and immediately they came and told to their relatives. But her relative didn't told anything regarding fibroids to the post pregnant mother. after delivery (next day of operation, doctor (lady) came and told directly to the post pregnant mother without looking her condition. At that time she got shock ,tensed and result is lack of lactation in her. Which directly affects the baby. My question is, whether doctor did her duty by telling to the patient? Or is the patient falt! Kindly and frankly reply me.
I m facing a problem of hair loss and dandruff. I have tried some shampoos also but no perfect result. Please help.
I am 45 years old. (my mother got her menopause at 45) For the past two years my periods are irregular, Sometimes they do not come for a month or two or sometimes they last for more than 28 days. I was asked to remove my uterus to get rid of the problem permanently which I do not want to do. My gynecologist asked me to take pause mf if my periods last longer. But this was a short term remedy. Even now, I take strip of 10 tablets each month if my periods continue for more than 3 weeks (sometimes spotting, sometimes one heavy bleed in a day, sometimes just big clots) My friend advised me to take ashokarishtha syrup to help with my problem. I feel tired. My hemoglobin is 13. I have gained weight, feel excessively hot, get flustered and suffer from forgetfulness. I do not want to remove my uterus. Please suggest some ayurvedic medication which will help me.
Does weight of a women affects in getting pregnant, and if so to what extent. And remaining all health reports are normal. Please explain
Is it okay to make love regularly during 8th month of pregnancy? If yes, what cures and positions must be kept in mind for having safe sex?
Ayurveda has tons of good remedies available for common ailments. From a headache to skin problems, migraine to obesity, acid reflux to diabetes, there is a host of conditions that Ayurveda can treat. While the complexity of a particular condition decides the period it takes for the body to get a full care, Ayurvedic remedies work best when it is applied during the initial stages of a particular ailment.
Here is a list of six common Ayurvedic remedies that can treat common ailments without having to visit a doctor:
- Common cold: The common cold may not be a serious threat to a person’s health, but it can seriously hinder the daily schedule. Not to mention, if the condition is not treated early, it can aggravate to serious conditions such as pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma etc. An Ayurvedic cure for treating common cold includes consumption of ginger in the form of tea, black pepper, and long pepper. They can reduce inflammation of the lungs and get the mucous out of the body.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a serious threat to a person of any age. This is attributed to poor lifestyle, bad diet and lack of exercise. Ayurveda recommends fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet, a healthy lifestyle and quitting caffeine. Apart from this, consumption of herbs such as turmeric can greatly help to keep the blood sugar at the optimum level. Practicing of breathing techniques and yoga can further help to keep diabetes under control.
- Acid reflux: Acid reflux has become a common phenomenon these days. Due to unhealthy eating habits and untimely consumption of food, acid reflux can occur to anyone. If proper care is not taken on time, it can aggravate to indigestion and heartburn. Drinking a glass of aloe vera juice regularly can give instant relief from chronic acid reflux. Basil leaves are another great source of Ayurvedic remedy to treat this condition.
- Obesity: It is estimated that over 13% of the world population suffers from obesity. Obesity can have serious repercussions if the extra pounds are not shedded on time. Some serious cardiovascular and breathing problems surface from this condition. A good diet and physical exercise help largely to get rid of extra pounds. Ayurveda recommends a juice of honey and lemon in lukewarm water to be consumed daily.
- Migraines: Migraines can wreak havoc on the life of an individual. It takes several days for a chronic migraine to go away and get temporary relief. Ayurveda suggests practicing of yoga and pranayama to get relief from this condition. Apart from this, daily consumption of turmeric in the form of supplement, tablets or as a whole can greatly help to stay away from a migraine in the first place.
- Dandruff: Dandruff is another common problem that many people face in their daily life. It is a condition where the scales get separated from the scalp and makes the head dry. Ayurveda suggests usage of fenugreek seeds and lime to get rid of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.