Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PankajYour feedback matters!
hello have a 4 years old daughter. Few days back she experienced an accident at home when she and her grandma alone at home. Her Grand ma fallen in bathroom. And she show through her eyes a lot of blood flowing her grand ma's head. Now she has full of fairness at any time. I asked her why she afraid. She told me she worried for something that surely happen if she stay alone or along with grand ma also. Please advice.
My child is 5 year old. He did not ask for potty. He did not want to hold pencil. He did not write in his studies but he learn quickly. He did not react quickly in any matter. What should I do for my child?
My 5 months old son is having cough my doctor suggested azithral liquid 100 20 mg/ml bt still he is having cough.
My daughter age 8 month currently Since yesterday she is suffering from loose motions today she did 7 times since morning Given oflox oz 4 drops Please advise.
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Hello doc. My son is 9 years old and has cavities in his teeth. Also his teeth are coming haphazzard and yellow in colour. How can we improve his dental conditions. Thanks.
These are some tips which can help students who keep study whole night and force them to keep them awake and don't like to study at day time
1) sleep during day
2) take some nervous stimulants at night (ex- tea, coffee) but avoid milk you may feel more sleepy
3) keep yourself busy in one or the other activity
Like mathematics statistics and any writing work
4) use your mobile phone to study (it contains blue lite which will prevent to fall asleep)
5) hang a rubber band over your wrist and give a small current by dragging it suddenly and dropping it this will activate your brain and prevent to go into sleep
6) keep a positive affirmation that you want to awake all night