Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. D. Pahwa
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. D. PahwaYour feedback matters!
I am having thyroid problem for 1 year. My age is 18. My level is 14.1.i want to get solution for this.
Thyroid bone ke thodasa right side pe vagas nerve ya jaha pulse chalta hai woha painless lump feel ho raha hai. Maine ENT ke 2 Doctors ko dikhaya 2bar par unhone garden pe hat de kar check up karke bataya kuch nehi huya or koi medicine vi nehi diya. Un doctors ne kaha gardan ke lump thik nehi hoga but koi problem nehi hai. Main kya karun? Main 22 sal ki female hun. Mujhe bohat dar lagraha hai. Main thik keise ho jaungi?
I am a type 2 diabetic patient taking four tablets daily .2 before food and 2 after food. Can I occasionally eat sweets since I feel like taking some. But my reading is under control. Tnk you.
My mother's name is sreeja. She is 41 years old and she has blood sugar level 230. Blood sugar level increased above normal after she got admitted in hospital for dengue fever. Dr. told that it came from medicine. How it will be normal again without taking any medicines. Can you please help me.
I hd check thyroid. My report is T3 is 1.12 ng/mL T4 is 6.60 ug/ dL TSH is 6.35 ulU/mL How is my report?
I am 42 years old, male, in an active profession. In summers, over th last 4-5 years, iv been getting blisters on my left foot only. It starts with 5-7 blisters, but develops to 15-20. They are all located in the middle of the foot's sole. Not on the heel or th front carpal area. Nothing on fingers. Blood sugar is 90 at fasting. Ht is 183cm.
Diabetes is a common disease that causes insulin to be produced in inadequate amount resulting in the fluctuation of blood sugar level. For a diabetic patient, regular exercise is a must. However, this does not mean that you need to sign up for a gym membership immediately. If you prefer exercising at home, you could also try yoga. Yoga can be described as a collection of asanas or positions that help strengthen the mind and body.
Yoga not only nourishes the body, but also has to ability to calm your mind and reduce the ill effects of stress.
Since stress is a key factor that influences the elevation of blood sugar level, yoga helps in balancing the sugar level. Yoga also makes a person more mindful of whatever he or she might be doing. This in turn is helpful in making healthy lifestyle decisions, such as eating a balanced diet and restricting the intake of sweet foods. Along with lowering blood sugar level, yoga also helps balance cholesterol and blood pressure level and aids in healthy weight loss. A few yoga exercises every diabetic should try to include in his or her exercise routine are:
- Pranayama: This breathing exercise helps oxygenate blood and improves circulation. It also helps fight stress and calms the mind.
- Setubandhasana: This asana helps regulate blood pressure levels and keeps the mind calm. It also aids in smooth digestion and stretches the spine and neck. Setubandhasana also helps in relieving symptoms of menopause in women.
- Balasana: This asana is also popularly known as the child’s pose. It helps stretch and strengthens muscles in the hips, thighs and ankles and is a good remedy for back aches that result from prolonged periods of sitting in the same position. It also helps fight stress and reduces tiredness and fatigue.
- Vajrasana: According to Ayurveda, 12 inches above the anus is a spot known as the kanda. The kanda is a point which sees over 72000 nerve converging. This yoga asana massages the kanda and relaxes the mind. It also helps improve the digestion process and thus ensures that food moves smoothly through the system.
- Sarvangsana: This yoga asana is renowned for its ability to regulate the functioning of the thyroid glands. These glands are responsible for the proper functioning of the digestive, nervous and reproductive system and for regulating metabolism. When metabolism is regulated, energy does not stay stored excessively in the form of fat and hence blood sugar levels also get stabilised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.