Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. D. PahwaYour feedback matters!
I'm 47 year old. Weight 63 kg constant for last 8-10 years. 3 years back diagnosed hypothyroidism (t3 & t4 normal, tsh 9. 5) later last year tsh was 8. 6. Otherwise feel fit except some laziness and body temperature is generally low. I've not taken any medicine so far. Doing morning walk n yoga regularly. What are the implications in long run. Does need to take any medicine?
Can sugar patients type 2 eat food like onions Marie biscuits apple and what type of fruits and vegetables. Please suggest can we take citrus fruits like lemon Amla .and what type of snacks can take and how to plan diets.
I am now 34 years old and suffering from diabetes from past 3 years. I am using insulin to control my reading but the reading are never constant and have variations. Need assistance further.
Hi. I am 23. I am having thyroid problem (hypothyroid). I am taking thyroxine sodium tablets 100mg daily as prescribed. Is there any fruits and vegetables that I should avoid? If so please tell me their names and reason. Thanks in advance.
I have uric acid count up to 6.6 ml . And my left leg thigh numbness has increased and acute back pain and leg pain . I'm on few medications , but is there anything I still can do ?
My wife is suffering from fluctuating blood sugar,frolast 10 years,i have consulted many Doctors in Kolkata,been to,Chennai 3 times,recently visited Asian Institute of Gastroenterology,Hyderabad.Becoz Doctors in Kolkata were suspecting that insulin is coming out from a lump beside Pancreas,but doctor at AIG,Hyderabad tested it and said that Insulin is not coming out of it,i have also gone to Yashoda Hospital,where endochronologist checked it,but unable to say reason of blood sugar fluctuation,i am in regular contact with them over mail,please help me.
I went for a master health check up. In thyroid profile, T4 normal (0.98 ng/DL). TSH Value: 10.35. Permitted range: 0.35 to 5.5. As advised by doctor, stared taking Thyronorm: 12.5. But feeling nervousness and dizziness. Is it OK to continue tablet.
Sir/mam, my uncle aged 65 is suffering from frequent dryness in tongue even while talking. He is a diabitic and a high bp patient. Please help and suggest some home remedy. Thanks.
I feel pain in my knee and elboIt is very very heavy painBefore 1 year doctor advise me to take feburic 40 and he told that uric acid level is 6.
Here the doctor told me I am a diabetic my blood here under fasting blood glucose. 144 after food. 128. And hb (aic) 9. 4 he suggested medicine k. Glim. M 1 mg daily what is your opinion
I am loosing weight constantly from past 3 months and even my skin colour is changing. What should I do? for reference I am a hypothyroidism patient.
Do you realize that around 2.5% of the aggregate diabetics are affected with foot ulcers and related sicknesses. Not just this, progression of ulcers/foot wounds leaves the patient with no other option other than amputation. Studies propose that two third of the diabetic foot ulcers in the long run heel without removals. Specialists encourage diabetic patients to embrace a preventive and powerful way to deal with in order to prevent further complications.
What foot complications can occur in diabetics?
- Diabetes (both type 1 and ii) causes harm to veins and peripheral nerves that can bring about issues in the legs and feet. Two principle conditions connected with diabetes are peripheral vein ailment (pad) and peripheral neuropathy prompting expanded danger of foot issues.
- Peripheral artery disease (pad) implies narrowing and solidifying of veins. It causes torment in the calf muscles while strolling and in some cases even ulcers because of absence of oxygen supply to these tissues.
- Peripheral neuropathy alludes to harm to the little nerves in feet because of diabetes. Side effects incorporate diminished sensation in the nerves of the legs and feet, making it hard to see wounds because of absence of feeling. It additionally causes shivering, agony, or smoldering in the included ranges.
- Notwithstanding these, diabetic patients may encounter changed foot issues like abundance as corns, calluses, ulcers, agonizing occasions, for example, bunions and contagious diseases.
What precautions should a diabetic patient take?
It is fundamental for a diabetic patient to deal with his/her feet and take essential precautionary measures. Some essential foot care tips incorporate
1. Be vigilant. Investigate your feet every day before you start your day. Search for lesions, injuries, cuts, blisters and calluses on your feet.
2. Wash and wipe your feet every day with lukewarm water along these lines decreasing the odds of diseases. Ensure the toes are dry.
3. While rejuvenating or pampering your body with oils/cream make sure your feet is not wet that might create inffection. Apply the moisturizer simply after you have dried your feet.
4. Nails ought to be precisely trimmed; cut your nails straight over the length and not from the corners.
5. Amid work hours attempt to sit upright; change stances to abstain from being in one position for long; helps in directing sugar levels.
6. Amid extended periods of travel, move your feet at customary interims to guarantee an unfaltering blood supply to feet.
7. Pick a tolerable pair of shoes that fits well and shields you from stumbling and wounding. Relaxation for your is as essential as is for you.
8. Orthotic footwear can be a decent pick for those confronting serious footcare issues. Maintain a strategic distance from plastic or vinyl based shoes.
9. You can likewise keep a foot dairy or set up a schedule reserved for your foot care regimen.
When a doctor should be consulted?
• Check for paleness/numbness in your feet, a sign for broken nerve conduction. Pink and red feet may not generally be a pointer of goodfeet; rather are characteristic of over the top blood stream denied of sugars. On the contrary if it reoccurs consult the specialist
• Check for undesirable development; these for the most part develop on regions of relentless weight. Make sure that you don’t incise them all by yourself. Rather consult a specialist.
• Area under the toe, has a few layers of skin and takes the greater part of your body weight. Subsequently, can be another site of callus development.
• In extreme cases, when an injury has taken over two days to recuperate, instantly reach to a podiatrist/specialist. Postponements can prompt disintegration of the injury site.
In this way, take out some time each day and assess your feet precisely. Recall that it is these sound feet that is going to take you to places! stay healthy, stay happy!