Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. D. PahwaYour feedback matters!
I am 47 yrs old female. 9months ago my sugar level was 465-160 and wrigt was 68kg. Now my sugar level is in normal range and weight 51kg. Now I consume 1pcs metadose 850 ipr and amway daily. Now my problem is body weakness. Energyloss. I have no power to cook or home work.
I have come to know that 2tsp powder of alsi (teesi) once daily with a glass of water for six months/one year or so can cure diabetes permanently. Is this a correct one feedback. Please confirm, if yes. Please suggest alternate herb (s) which can surely cure diabetes.
Due to diabetes attack ,my mental condition are getting worse day by day ,is there any treatment for it?
I am 43 years old suffering frm frozen shoulder and diabetic from 10 yrs. .and is under control Is there any medication fr frozen shoulder. Aart from physiotherapy? ?
I just to want to know is there any cureable medicine for thyorid in ayurveda. I know that after intake of ayurvedic medicine, thyroid is cureable. Please inform so that I can consult ayurvedic doctor accordingly or adivse medicine for the same so tha I can procure the same from your store. Regards,
I am facing problem of sugar Fasting is 278 and PP is 329 so need advice about dieting and cholesterol is 400.
I think I have thyroid problem. What food I should avoid and what food should I take and recommend some exercise.
I am a subclinical hypothyroid patient. Taking thyronorm 50 1 year ,I have done ft3, ft4,t3t4, tsh,tpo antibody, I didn't done ultrasound scanning, because nothing visible tumours not available in my neck, because of that my Doctor does not prescribed ultrasound .but I have breathing problem and slowly eating food, taking too much time to complete food, my friends insults me when eats food because of too late. No deep breath, not able to take speed breath. And not able to eat food speed. I feel something have in my chest near the neck, I think that my thyroid should be enlarged to chest. If my thyroid enlarged to my chest. If it is goiter. Can it treated with medication? Can it treated iodine supplement? Or it require surgery? Please tell how it can be treated? What types of treatment available? I fear to do surgery!
What are the possible causes for increase of uric acid in blood. What are problems it can cause in the body? How it can be cured?
Life seems to have no purpose. It seems to be a cycle between fertilization and cell death/degradation. Everything around seems to be a construct aka make believe. What activities of the mind and body would give me positive energy and sense of meaningful purpose?
Ma nephey is 9 yr old. He is suffering with hypothyroidism when he is on prescribed medication the condition leading to hypothyroidism. So is there particular treatment available or not?
This is 57 years female from Kolkata. I'm a diabetic (take Glycomet GP1 FORTE (GLIMEPIRIDE 1 mg + METFORMIN 1000 mg) twice & 10 iu insulin overnight ,fasting 80, PP 154 measured yesterday) & pancreatic (taking Panlipase 25000 after food thrice every day for last 5 years. For the last 1 year, I'm feeling pain in fingers of both hands and in shoulder joints. Pain is unbearable at times. In afternoon often we see middle fingers of the hands get deformed. Visited a doctor. Taking medicines Inj. Folitrax 20 mg (weekly) + (Daily - HCQ 300 mg + Leflunomide 20 mg) for last 6 months. All medicines at the same times .No diet restriction was given. Suggested some tests. Here is the test results. Test was done after 6 month of taking medicines for RA & Glycomet GP 1& Panlipase CBC, Haemoglobin 11.8 gm/dl (range 12.5 - 15.3), MCHC (Mean corpuscular Hemoglobin concentration) 32.9 (range 33.4-35.5), Total RBC 4.0 million cells/cu mm (range 4.5-5.1), lymphocytes 52% (range 20-40) basophil 00 (range 01-02), ESR 16 (range <30) SGPT 13.8 U/L (range <35, Lipase 32.5 U/L (range 30-300), Amylase 78.2 (range 30 -110) CRP 1.20 (range <10), Test was done in SERUM, Kolkata in 15th june 2017. But saw no improvement in finger's pain. Seeing result of Lipase & Amylase, Dr. Advised not to take panlipase 25000. Shall I discontinue it? I'm in great confusion. How changing my diet plan I can get rid of RA symptoms. One more info, many women of my village are seen same finger problem, we drink water from same tube well. May it be any water disease? Is this trigger finger problem if so then why there will be pain in first 3 fingers of both hands & shoulder?.
I also feel pain in my both the legs front side bone lower leg just below the knee. I think I need some calcium, could you suggest some thing for the same. Got uric acid test its normal. I am 28 years old.
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.