Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nutan AgarwalYour feedback matters!
It usually starts at about 6 weeks of pregnancy and improves at around 14-16 weeks.
Morning sickness won't threaten your baby's well being, as long as you're able to keep some food down, and drink plenty of fluids.
An important nutrient in the first trimester is 400 mcg of folic acid, as this will help your baby's spine and nervous system to develop.
The best way to deal with morning sickness is
1) Drink plenty of fluids.
2) Small frequent meals
3) Avoid spicy and oily food
4) 2 meals should include fruits and vegetables.
6) Multi vitamins
7) Doctors advice.
Today is the third day of bleeding and the back pain is little low now. But bleeding is continuously coming still, is this only because of the unwanted-72 or something else? I took an unwanted-72 on 3rd January and after that also, we had sex till 8th January. From 9 January, the bleeding and very high back pain started and it has not stopped yet, today is the third day of bleeding. What should I do?
Dear Sir, I am a 36 year old. Since 2 years I have been having white discharge and now I have inflammation in the vaginal area. I have taken fluconazole 150 mg weekly for 2 weeks but it returns once the medication is stopped. My mother has been diabetic since 35 years. I am not sure if I am diabetic.
Hello doctor I want to know can any kind of male condom cause any disease or infection to male.like lubricant used in condom can cause anything wrong .or is it safe.
I'm having pain in my right side waist region from around 6 months, I was suffering from Herpes I took medicine & now I'm taking Neuro_mpg 75 (pregabalin & methylcobalamin capsules) but the pain still exist. Can you tell why its so.
I am female 24, married since last 9 months. I had medicine for irregular periods before and after marriage and from last 3-4 months I. what should i do ?
I m having irregular periods problem. Even though, I checked out doctor. They told that I m having pcod problem. I took medicines for 6months then I got regular periods for 3months. Now I am facing the same irregular periods problem from the past two months. My age is 22 and my weight is 75. I m totally worried about it. Whether I have to take tablets for pcod problem to get regular periods? Need your assistance doctor. And tell me some healthy diet food.
I was meant to come on 5 days ago doctors told me to test again in a week that would of been 3 weeks what if I am pregnant and don't no as I no when a bloke comes in a girl they become pregnant can't get pregnant of bloke don't come in a girl so I must be I feel tired all time even after long sleep breasts bit sore and haven't come on yet.
Sir mera period khatm hone k 2 din baad sex kiya sperm kya koi chance hai pregnent hone kaa net p dikha rha hai ki period k 10 din k andar sex karne p pregnency kaa koi chance nhi hota hai.
I have a unprotected gay sex and after 1 month and 3 month I tested for HIV and I got an negative result but am facing a small swollen lymph node and mouth sores that going and coming back what should be the reason for this do am in danger.
Hi one of my friend had a sex with his girl friend one month ago ,now she miss her period ,her period date was 15 July but the issue is she tested her pregnancy with preganews and there are negative so now I wanna to know how much time period has miss and it is really necessary to consult with doctor or will have to wait some days more .
Dear sir, mam:meri gf ko har month time to time periods aa jata tha par is month nahi aaya or 32 dino sa jada ho gaya hai. please aap koi aise dawa bata dijiye jissa ki ek din ma periods aa jai.
For any women if she is in pregnancy. When can we expect due, I mean delivery date for after completion of 9 months or In running of 9 months? Please let me known.
My wife's periods got preponed for 7 days last month and this time 12 days postponed. What might be the cause and is it a serious issue if yes what should be done does this effects our sex life?
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Me pregnant hui thi but mera miscourage ho gaya Jan me to me ab dubara sa consive karna chati hu please help me.
I am soo worried regarding irregular periods. Only 2 days is bleeding flow. Pls give me some more information.
Can metallic taste be a symptom of morning after pill or is it because it did not work. I had taken the pill 3 days ago, the day on which I had sex. And moreover, I was on my safe sex period. Should I be concerned about pregnancy or is it just because of all the elevated hormone because of the pill. I took it even a month or two before. I have no other symptoms.
Having irregular periods some times it doesn't even come for 3 to 4 months and when it does it give very much pain and trouble.
A mastectomy is surgical removal of a breast. The surgery depends on various factors and choosing a type of mastectomy best suited for an individual suffering from breast cancer requires experience and expertise. With advancing technology, there are more options available for women to opt for surgeries, which are minimally invasive and conserving in nature. Following are the various types of mastectomies and the factors, which influence them:
Types of Mastectomy
1. Total or simple mastectomy
This is a surgical procedure which involves complete removal of the breast including the nipple. The lymph nodes, which are small glands, are an important part of your immune system and are kept intact during the surgery. This form of surgery is most suitable if the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes.
2. Preventive mastectomy
Preventive mastectomy, also known as prophylactic mastectomy, is an option for women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer. Preventive mastectomy reduces the risk of breast cancer by a huge margin. In certain cases, removal of the entire breast along with the nipple is advisable. Women who develop cancer on one breast often opt for preventive mastectomy and remove the other unaffected breast as well.
3. Partial mastectomy
Women who are in stage I or stage ii of breast cancer can choose this procedure. It is a breast conserving technique where the tumor is removed along with the tissue that surrounds it. It is followed up by radiation therapy on the remaining breast tissue, which terminates the cancer cells and stops them from spreading. There are two types of partial mastectomy, namely, lumpectomy and quadrantectomy.
4. Radical mastectomy
Although this procedure is almost out of use, it is still considered in case the cancer has spread to certain areas like the chest muscle. In this form of surgery, the breast is removed entirety along with muscles beneath it and the lymph nodes.
5. Modified mastectomy
It is a more commonly used procedure characterized by complete removal of the breast including underarm lymph nodes. The chest muscles are untouched in the procedure, therefore allowing a breast reconstruction to follow.
Factors influencing the type of mastectomy:
• Age of the individual
• Health in general
• Size of the tumor
• The spread of the tumor
• The rate of progression of the tumor
• Whether lymph nodes are affected or not