Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nutan Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nutan AgarwalYour feedback matters!
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the gastro esophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms. Let us find out more about this condition:
Routine: Hyperemesis Gravidarum usually strikes as a matter of routine at a set time everyday where the patient will either be in unappetising company of acute and painful acidity and nausea, or will also be vomiting.
Severity: The severity of the condition usually decreases as the patient's pregnancy progresses. Usually, this condition strikes around the fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, before becoming better towards the middle of the second trimester. There are cases, though, where it continues to be just as severe till the very end of the pregnancy.
When to take Action: The patient may have to be hospitalised in case too much vomiting takes place, so as to prevent excess loss of water and salt from the body, and resultant weakness which may affect the growth of the foetus. Also, it is best to call the doctor when you have experienced fainting and dizzy spells.
Causes: Hyperemesis Gravidarum or excessive vomiting during pregnancy cannot be attributed to any specific or single cause. Usually, it is known to be a genetic condition passed down by mothers to their daughters. But in most cases, doctors believe that the condition is due to hormonal changes where an increase in the HCG hormone, or Human Chronic Gonadotropin hormone level during pregnancy may lead to a variety of symptoms such as morning sickness or excessive vomiting. This hormone is known to be at its peak during pregnancy.
Risk Factors: It has mostly been seen that women who are carrying twins are at risk of suffering from this condition. Also, women who have suffered from chronic motion sickness in the past report excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
Treatment: The best way to treat this issue is to prevent too much of nausea and vomiting with the help of a bland diet that does not have heavy to digest ingredients. Also, it is best to take small and frequent meals.
Working your way around excessive vomiting during pregnancy is a matter of ensuring that you take rest, fluids and other precautions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Yoga stimulate pressure receptors in skin which in turn ramp up brain and body's vagal activity, as it plays a role in hormone production and release
I am having Glyciphage tablet for 3 months. Lycozen tablet for 10 days. Taken folisurge 75iu injection for 4 days. These kind of treatment will help me to get ovulation and pregnancy?
Carom (ajwain) is a crucial herb that is found in all Indian kitchens and is used primarily as a taste enhancer. Carom has numerous medicinal properties that make it beneficial for maintaining a good condition of your health. Dietary regime that utilizes carom on a regular basis can derive a lot of health benefits in the long term.
The following are some of the benefits of carom:
- Acidity- Carom has anti-acidity properties that can prove beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of acidity and enables you to control your problem your acidity effectively. A solution made from a pinch of salt, carom and lukewarm water, when consumed every morning or post meal on a regular basis, works wonders.
- Asthma- The smoke of carom seeds act as a bronchodilator that is effective in easing the breathing pattern. If an asthma patient utilizes the mixture of carom seeds and jaggery twice daily on a regular basis, it will provide considerable relief from the discomforts that are associated with asthma.
- Diabetes- Carom has medicinal properties that aid you to control your blood sugar level. Consumption of a solution made from a tsp of neem powder, half tsp of cumin powder, carom seeds and a glass of hot milk on a regular basis can help you manage your blood sugar.
- Cold and migraine- Carom can be utilized for the treatment of recurrent and persistent cough and cold. Inhalation of grounded carom seeds is effective in providing relief from constant headache, cold and migraine.
- Stomach problems- Carom seeds have mild alcoholic properties that can be utilized to treat the problem of stomach pain and indigestion. A mixture of carom seed and salt when consumed with a sip of water is effective in providing relief from the symptoms of indigestion and stomachache.
- Menstrual cramps- Application of carom seed oil can help you achieve speedy relief from the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The seeds of carom act as an effective nerve tonic and reduce the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Sperm count- Carom seeds are effective in increasing sperm count and can also be utilized to treat sexual dysfunctions. Roast a mixture of tamarind kernel, carom seeds and clarified butter; add a tsp of the mixture and honey to a glass of milk and consume it on a regular basis prior to sleep to achieve speedy results.
Related Tip: "Can Your Fridge Make You Sick?"
Hi, my wife had ectopic pregnancy surgery and left fallopian tube ruptured and they removed thru laparoscopy surgery and she now only right fallopian tube and it is healthy. Is it possible to get natural pregnancy in future or can we take IUI procedure in future. Please suggest.
I m 36 yrs old married lady wanting to plan for a baby early next year. Some one suggested to go for rubella vaccination before getting pregnant. Wanted to know about it.
I got married on 28th November, 2017, my wife is having periods pain from 2 days, but she is not having periods. It was her 5th day on 28th November, 2017. Does periods get delayed due to hormonal changes or is it a sign of pregnancy or something else. Pls let me know.
￼Cervical spondylosis is a medical term for neck pain caused by age-related ‘wear and tear’ of bones and tissues.
The degenerative process chiefly affects the vertebral bodies, the neural foramina, and the facet joints. If it may cause severe pressure on nerve roots with subsequent sensory or motor disturbances, which causes pain, paresthesia, and muscle weakness in the limbs.
Causes of cervical spondylosis
- Spondylosis is caused from years of constant eccentric pressure, from joint subluxation or poor posture, being placed on the vertebrae, and the discs between them. The aberrant stress causes the body to compose new bone in order to compensate for the new weight distribution. This eccentric weight bearing from bone displacement will cause spondylosis to occur.
- Poor postures and loss of the mundane spinal curves can lead to spondylosis as well. Spondylosis can affect a person at any age; however, older people are more affected.
- Cervical spondylosis is a very prevalent condition. It's estimated that 8 out of 10 adults will have some degree of cervical spondylosis by the time they are 60 years old (but many will not have any conspicuous symptoms).
- The most cases outlook of cervical spondylosis is generally good. Most cases respond well to treatment after a few weeks.
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis
- Cervical spondylosis includes neck pain and shoulder pain. The pain can be rigorous in some cases.
- Infrequent headaches may occur, that customarily start at the back of the head, just above the neck, and peregrinate over top of the forehead.
- Pain conventionally comes and goes, with flare-ups followed by symptom-free periods.
- Around 1 in 10 people develop perennial (chronic) pain.
- Other, more severe, symptoms customarily only occur if you develop:
- Cervical radiculopathy – where a slipped disc or other bone pinches or irritates a nerve
- The most common symptom of cervical radiculopathy is the sharp pain that" travels" down one of your arms (known as brachialgia).
- You may experience some numbness or" pins and needles" in the affected arm, and stretching your neck and turning your head makes the pain worse.
Diagnosis of cervical spondylosis
- The spurling test may be used to evaluate patients with cervical radiculopathy. The sign is elicited by extending, rotating, and laterally flexing the patient’s neck toward the symptomatic side. Then, the doctor applies axial pressure on the spine. Pressure applied on top of the head may increase symptoms.
- The spurling test has a sensitivity of 30% to 60% and a specificity of 90% to 100%, quite similar to those of other provocative maneuvers (low sensitivity but high specificity). This test help confirms the diagnosis of cervical radiculopathy.
- X-ray, and mri scans are helpful for diagnosis of pain but generally not definitive and must be considered together with history and physical examinations.
Cervical spondylosis treatment
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of signs of sickness. The goal of treatment relieves pain, help you maintain your normal activities as much as possible, and prevent permanent injury to the nerves and spinal cord.
Physical therapy management
- There have been several trials and systematic reviews into the use of physical therapy program for treatment of cervical spondylosis and its consequences.
- There are several types of manipulations and exercises your physiotherapist can utilize to relieve stiffness, strengthen the area, and restore the function of the neck. Treatments such as cold or heat application, deep tissue massage, neck stretching, ultrasound and electrical stimulation may be used prior to exercise.
- During physiotherapy, you practice a range of exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles that support the neck. You also learn how to improve your posture and range of movement exercises. You have to learn correct postures, the physiotherapist stand in front of a mirror while exercising, so you can see your mistakes and correct them.
- ￼one technique sometimes to provide pain relief and improve movement by cervical traction. Traction gently extends the neck opening the spaces between the cervical vertebrae and temporarily relieve pressure on the affected discs. Neck traction either done continuously or intermittently (short periods of pulling and resting).
- It’s also possible at home to do cervical traction. There are pulley system devices that enable you to perform cervical traction in lying down. It’s important if you do cervical traction at home to see your physiotherapist first to make sure that you buy the right things and learn how to correctly set up.
- ￼cervical pillows (neck pillows) are designed to stabilize the neck while you sleep.
- A cervical collar may also help you stabilize and realign your spine and relieve pain.
If over-the-counter pain medication doesn't help, your doctor might prescribe:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs- prescribe-strength ibuprofen or naproxen sodium might be needed to relieve pain and inflammation. Muscle relaxants- certain drugs, such as cyclobenzaprine and methocarbamol can help relieve muscle spasms in the neck. Antidepressants- antidepressant medications have also been found to help ease neck pain from cervical spondylosis.
Cervical spondylosis tends to be a chronic pain condition, but in most cases, it’s not progressive. Only rare cases surgery is required.