Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nishu Kharwanda
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nishu KharwandaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 27 years old, unmarried,i have problems like irregular periods and scanty menstrual period. When I got my ultrasound result it has been found out that I have PCOD. My both ovaries are enlarged in size with multiple small follicles. My right ovary size is:-4×2.4×3.1 cm and my left ovary size is:-3.8×2.2×2.3 cm.My uterus size is 8×3.7 cm and endometrium is 8 mm. Please tell me what should I do now. Is operation is needed? I am very much worried please help me out. Thank you.
My friend had an intercourse with her partner on 23 feb and took emergency contraceptive but still her periods came regularly. Then she again had an intercourse on 21 March n took pill on 24th and now she s 9 days late for her periods. Urine pregnancy test is negative .what should she do?
Sometimes you may find yourself stuck in a rut, which is both frustrating and mind-numbing. If you’re in such a situation, it could be an indication that you need to reprogram your mind. This will help you set realistic goals for yourself and enable you to lead a fulfilling life. Before getting to the point as to how you can reprogram your mind, it is important to first understand how the mind works.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably, but the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described as a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. Mind is more like a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
The three states of mind
The mind can be categorized into three states:
- Conscious: Actions for which you need to make an effort and think about what you are doing are said to be performed by the conscious mind.
- Subconscious: The subconscious mind refers to the information that is accessible to you when needed and otherwise not something you pay attention to. For example, when walking down the road to your house, your mind subconsciously creates landmarks.
- Unconscious: The unconscious mind consists largely of primitive instincts and memories from early childhood that may not be easily recalled. It also contains memories from your past lives. That has been proved by the father of modern hypnotherapy, Dr. Brian Weiss. Thus, hypnotherapy under supervision is a great tool for reprogramming your mind. Further, embedding positive cognitive scripts/suggestions through hypnosis helps with it. A majority of our daily functions are controlled by the unconscious mind and the memories stored here are responsible for many decisions that we make based on beliefs.
Here are three easy tips to help you make your unconscious mind more efficient.
- Meditation: Meditation not only calms the mind and reduces stress, but can also help train the unconscious mind. Meditation helps increase your ability to concentrate on an activity and achieve the desired level of mental focus. This, in turn, helps develop new ideas and increases your belief in yourself.
- Visualize what you want to achieve: Merely telling yourself that you want to do better is not enough. You need to set a goal for yourself and visualize it to begin working towards it. For example - create a visual board of the type of house you would like to live in, the lifestyle and the job you would like to have. In a nutshell, be specific about what you want and avoid generalized visions.
- Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy is a safe, brief and effective way to deal with many emotional and anxiety-related issues. It enables you to deal with your own mental challenges and blocks so that you can build on your strengths and take control of your life.
Reprogramming the mind is a gradual process, which you can achieve with patience and the inclination to discipline yourself. By doing so, not only will you feel positive but it will also enable you to harness its potential.If you have any queries or concern you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dr. Im 26 years I have suffering from reddish skin, itching odourless white discharge bt odourless nd peeling dkin behind vaginal to anus please suggest m immediately rekeaf treatment please suggest.
I want to know what are the symptoms for pregnancy and what care should be taken during pregnancy as well as what is the right age for getting pregnant?
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.