Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirmala Krishnan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hi mam muje 1 year se polycystic ovary hein. Aur mein ovabless aur menohelp syrup use krti hu hanare yaha doctor k advice se. Lekin koi farak hi pad nahi raha hain. To muje kya karna chahiye I am 21 years old please mein bahut tention nein hu. Muje please batao kya karna chahiye?
Got married last years April and conceived in the month of august but we didn't want child that time so have done abortion through medicine. Now we are planning for a child from last two months. Please let me know few things 1. Can last Abortion cause any difficulty in conceiving the child in future? 2. How can I recognize the ovulation period? 3. Can a lady conceive only during ovulation time I mean a single day in a month cycle? 4. Can I sure will be helpful to know ovulation day, how and when can I use it?
Aloe vera is called as Kumari in Sanskrit. Kumari refers to a young girl. This name has two derivations. It is used in diseases of young girls, like pimples and menstrual problems. The plant is beautiful and looks young even after it grows old.
- Gruha Kanya,
- Sthula dala,
- Dirgha patra,
- Vipulasrava (Having profuse gel in the leaves),
- Maataa (it is like a mother to the patient),
- Deerghapatrika (Having long leaves)
- Ghrita Kumarika (leaf having slimy pulp similar to ghee),
- Amara, Ajara (Has rejuvenating and anti-aging properties).
Botanical Name- Aloe Vera Chinensis,
- Aloe barbadensis Mill.,
- Aloe indica,
- Aloe chinensis
Family Name- LILIACEAE
- Rasa (taste) – Tikta (bitter)
- Guna (qualities) – Guru (heaviness), Snigdha (oily, unctuous),Picchila (sticky, slimy)
- Vipaka- Katu – Undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion.
- Veerya – Sheeta – Cold potency
- Effect on Tridosha – Balances all the three Doshas.
Different varieties- At present A. vera chinensis, A. Barbadensis, A. vera are mainly being used as Kumari. The author also noticed several other species of Aloe arebeing sold or cultivated in the name of Kumari in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Distribution- cultivated throughout India.
STRUCTURE: Mature plant: They are succulent plants with perennial, strong and fibrous roots and numerous, persistent, fleshy leaves, proceeding from the upper part of the root, narrow, tapering, thick and fleshy, usually edges are serrated with spiny teeth
Flowers: The flowers are produced in erect, terminal spikes. There is no calyx, the corolla is tubular, divided into six narrow segments at the mouth and of a red, yellow or purplish colour. The capsules contain numerous angular seeds.
HABITAT: Grows mainly in the dry regions of Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
PHARMACOLOGY: The important constituents are the two Aloins, Barbaloin and Isobarbaloin, Other constituents are amorphous Aloin, resin and Aloe-emodin. A mild purgative, sooths skin, Acts as a mild antimicrobial
Aloe vera chemical constituents
Aloe- Emodin, aloctin A(Glycoprotein), Aloenin(bitter Glucoside), barbaloin, Chrysophanol Glycoside; Galactose, Mannose, Aldopentose, Aloesin, Aloeesone, b-sitosterol, Alocutin A & B etc.
(Reference: Illustrated Dravyaguna VIjnana, Vol. II, by Dr JLN Shastry)
Part Used- Leaves
Dosage- Fresh juice 10-20 ml; Aqueous Extract 100-300 mg
Leaf pulp – 1 – 3 grams
Aloe vera uses:
- Bhedani – Useful in constipation
- Gulmahara – useful in abdominal tumors
- Pleehahara – useful in spleen disorders, splenomegaly
- Yakrut Vruddhihara – useful in hepatitis, hepatomegaly,
- Kapha Jwarahara – useful in fever
- Granthihara – useful in small tumors, fibroids, lymphadenitis
- Agnidagdha – useful in treating burn wounds
- Visphotahara – relieves boils, blisters
- Raktapittahara – Useful in bleeding disorders such as nasal bleeding, heavy periods, etc
- Tvak Roga – useful in skin disorders, psoriasis.
- Chakshushya – improves vision, good for eyes, useful in eye disorders
- Vishahara – Anti toxic
- Vatahara – useful in treating disorders of Vata Dosha imbalance such as neuralgia, paralysis, constipation, bloating, etc
- Balya – improves strength and immunity
- Vrushya – aphrodisiac, improves vigor
- Rasayana – anti aging, causes cell and tissue rejuvenation
- Pittaja Kasahara – useful in cough and cold of Pitta origin
- Shwasahara – useful in treatment of asthma and chronic respiratory disorders.
- Aloe vera for hemorrhoids: Because of its mild laxative action and wound healing properties, regular intake of mild doses of aloe vera in the form of capsule or juice, is very beneficial in hemorrhoids treatment.
- Aloe vera for heart –Aloe has blood thinning action. It is very useful against cholesterol. So, it is very useful in treating atherosclerosis (blood vessels clogged with clot and fat deposition).
- Aloe vera for women:Aloe vera improves ovulation chances, it induces menstruation, hence used in treating amenorrhea – absence of periods or decreased bleeding.It improves hair quality, prevents hair fall, cures dandruff, also useful in acne and blemishes.
- Aloe vera for constipation: To relieve constipation, its 10 grams of pulp made into paste, added with 2 grams of rock salt, mixed well, and boiled to evaporate water content. It is administered in a dose of 3 – 6 grams, once a day.
- Aloe vera flower balances Vata and Pitta Dosha, Guru (heavy) and is useful in worm infestation, infected wounds
- Aloe vera side effects: Aloe vera induces purgation and hence it is not ideal to take it during diarrhea.Care should be exercised while using aloe in children and during lactation.It is best to avoid it during pregnancy.
- Aloe vera juice benefits-Aloe vera juice is good for stomach, in skin diseases, has anti-microbial properties.It also acts as a blood thinning agent and detoxifies blood.Daily dose is – 30 – 50 ml. in single or divided dose, before food.
Aloevera Home remedies
- The leaf pulp 2-4gms is effective remedy in Dysmenorrhea ( Kashtarthava ). This Should be administered with sugar on empty stomach once a day, for three days prior to the expected date of menstruation.
- Kamala (infective hepatitis) the mucilage with curd is a very effective medicine. This can be given single dose 3-5 days. If the patient develops loose motions can with drawn for a day or two and if needed can be continued for another course of 3-5days.
- The beauty of Aloe vera can be matched only & only its own Beauty.
I have sexed in period And then I took unwanted 72. My period is continuous but bleeding is very less May there any possibility of pregnancy? If yes then after after how many days of intercourse I can Take a test I had do this on 20.08.2017.
If fingers wet in cum enter the vagina for fingering can a women become pregnant? And is there any way to stop pregnancy?
I and my gf had unprotected sex on 12th dec, After that she ate papaya, pineapple, seems seeds, to avoid pregnancy. actual period on 25 dec. But Till now she is without any period. She checked the pregnancy test with home kit, result is negative. Is there anything to worry about. And what about the period? Is it possible that the sperm may be available near her fallopian still and what should I do now and later. She is 22 year. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.
Although survey shows that satisfied women have sex several times a week, two out of five are still left craving more. "Women have a broad definition of sex, so this doesn't necessarily mean they want more intercourse. A woman might just want to feel more sexual in general, so let her know you're thinking about her throughout the day, and make her feel sexy.
The lady knows she's hot
Satisfied women don't suffer from low self-esteem four in five think their partners find them extremely sexy. If want a confident sexual partner, never criticize other woman's body. As your own partner will worry about how you feel about her. She won't feel comfortable showing you her body, if she's worried you'll think she's fat, ugly, or full of cellulite.
The lady will be expressive about her needs
Satisfied women know what they want, and 87 percent will express it. A woman comfortable asking for what she wants is going to be orgasmic more of the time. Encourage her openness by increasing sex talk in nonsexual situations. But be sure to look out for nonverbal cues, too. If the lady keeps touching you gently, for example, do that to her too.
Pleasure's the Goal
Sounds crazy, but it's true: Orgasm isn't essential to a woman's sexual satisfaction. Three out of four women say the pleasure from sex makes orgasm less necessary. So relax, your laid-back approach can put her more at ease, making her likely to climax. "The more you try to focus on orgasm, the more you scare it away," says Barbach. Instead, attend to her without that Big-O or Big-Zero attitude. Women don't love sex only for the orgasms, They love it because it brings the couple closer together.
Penis size just doesn't matter!
The cliche is true, it is how you use it. Only 7 percent of sexually satisfied women say penis size is critical to their pleasure. The other 93 percent say they can be satisfied in other ways. It is the hardness and girth that matter more to women than the size of the penis. Passion is what keeps women coming back for more. They were 10 times as likely to rank both passion and generosity as more important than penis size. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.