Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala KrishnanYour feedback matters!
My wife had a symptoms of thyroid. Is thyroid will privent pregnancy. My friends told me that chance. Is it true?
After mensuration or bleeding her stomach pain starts, so we go to the homeopathic gynecologist, he prescribed oskarist tonic and said take twice a day regularly after food but no improvement takes place. please help how to eradicate this prblm? What is the medicine and tonic for this? And what is the natural method to reduce the pain and this prblm also?, please help.
Hi, my wife had her period on 31 Mar 16, when will the fertile days occur to her? And as we plan for baby so how many times we intercourse in a day?
On the 15th of August 2017, we celebrate our 70th Independence Day. 70 years ago, Pandit Nehru’s words, “At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom…” resounded in every home across India. But, are we really living a life that echoes this freedom?
Especially, when it comes to Indian women, are they truly free? Can they make their own choices, take their own decisions and live their lives the way they wish to? Is she free from criticisms? Is there an unconditional acceptance for her? Does her external appearance is still a parameter to judge her character? If you think about it carefully, you will realize why the answer to this is negative. We may be an independent country, but we still have miles to go before we can say that Indian women are truly Independent.
Why is it important for women to be Independent?
Being balanced is an independence: One of the definitions of independence is the ability to live your life without being influenced by other people. It means your thoughts, emotions and decisions should be coming from within you.
Take charge of your life: Personal independence is not just about financial independence. Being financially independent can definitely improve the quality of life, but apart from that living up to your caliber can provide the identity. Your small or big contribution at a workplace is bringing the dignity. Though India may have a skewed sex ratio, women still make up for a large segment of the population. When an average Indian woman is not financially independent, she is considered to be dependent on the working males in her family. And that is when she loses her power to make choices and take decisions for her own actions. Education is the key to make rational decisions. Take charge of education, work, the money you earn but also give attention to emotional and mental well-being.
Take for instance the story of Shirin as played by Konkona Sen Sharma in the movie “Lipstick Under My Burkha”, who moonlights as a saleswoman. Her role as a wife is restricted to living by her husband’s dictates and being a mother to her three children. However, if she were encouraged to be more independent, the family could have lived a more comfortable life. She too would have been a much happier woman if she had control over her own life.
Happiness or life satisfaction?
When we encourage women to be more independent, we also nurture their talents. Take for example the story of young Rehana, again from the movie “Lipstick Under My Burkha”, while her parents only want her to work in the family tailoring shop, she dreams of pursuing music and living a more cosmopolitan life. However, her restrictions make her shoplift and take a more deviant path. As families, if we could give our daughters the independence to pursue their own interests, we might not only discover endless hidden talent in them, but it would also curb anti-social behaviors. In short, few things can lead to short term happiness but life satisfaction is based on how well you are at balancing all significant areas of your life.
What can you do to make women Independent?
Challenge the biased behaviors: Discrimination against a girl child begins very early in life. From the time she is a fetus, illegal sex determination tests are carried out for selective abortion. When she is a little girl; she is given less to eat as compared to her brothers and is kept at home and taught household chores rather than being sent to school. This is one of the main reasons why Indian women grow up to be dependent on others. Thus, the first step towards making them independent is to educate them.
Accept yourself conditionally: You may not be perfect all the time, you may have the past and might have repented on your decisions several times but now here life gives you an opportunity to regain the control. Redesign the life by changing the perceptions and taking rational decisions. Tell yourself that you are a priority for yourself. Remember you can not serve from an empty vessel.
Guilt free gifts: You deserve all the attention and appreciation, do not wait for someone else to notice your hard work. You can reward yourself for each small achievement. You know the significance of small things thus you pay attention to yourself. Avoiding our own needs, neglecting your own needs and sacrifices does not make you the best mother, wife or person etc. Understand that marriage is only a part of their lives and the goal for a woman is not just to raise a family. Have a guilt free time and reward for yourselves. Be a source of happiness for own self.
Moneywise be wise: Women are defamed for doing extra expenses, we may sometimes buy on emotional reasoning and land up spending disproportionately. Your hard earn money should give you long term security and also should contribute to improving your quality of life. Invest carefully, plan for your future & be wise.
Holistic health: Holistic health considers physical and psychological well-being. You do housekeeping for physical fitness and it is important to be conscious about your shape and size. You may avoid health complication by being physically active but looking at our daily stressful lifestyle our 'psychological housekeeping' also is important. 'Emotional hygiene' is also equally important, as it will allow you to enjoy the freedom you achieve with hard work.
Thus this Independence Day, let us make a promise to ourselves to do whatever we can to make every Indian woman around us independent in every aspect of her life. Remember, it is only when each man and woman is independent that a country can be truly independent.
Hi mam. Im 21 years old, I have bilateral polycystic ovary syndrome. I dint get my periods for the last 3 months. If I take tablets, im getting my periods, I have been suggested with meprate. I want to know whether any other alternative is there or taking pills is the only way to get my periods? Does consumption of pills will lead to any other disorder?
My sister is breast feeding. How long milk comes from breast .4 years. She is confused. And 3 years gap is fine for next baby.
Age 29 years. 2 months no period. Usg pcod. Dr. Advice tab deviry and mychiro .period not come 15 days. I changed Dr. .then she advice tab regestrone 2tds and syp menses. After fst dose period came and she advice hormonal test even first Dr. Advice me hormonal test in menaus second day but my second Dr. Said that there z no issue of day 2 test. My amh level z 17. E2-20. S.fsh 4.02.lh-11.69.dr said you have severe pcod. I hv no bp. Thyroid. Diabetic issue. But worried so much. M I vl pregnant in future or not. I am in depression. Please suggest whatever z rgt.
Hi doctor, which formula milk is the best for my one month baby I'm also giving breastfeed. In case of emergency want to give formula milk. please suggest me.
During the menstrual days, it is necessary to use some kind of padding or easily absorbent material to remain clean and hygienic throughout the day. This material is available in form of tampons or sanitary napkins.
What is the difference between tampons and sanitary napkin
- The tampon is a mass of retentive material shaped in a cylinder, which needs to be inserted into the vagina. Most tampons have a cord or string to aid manual removal. Tampons are used especially when you have to wear tight fitting clothes.
- The sanitary napkins are disposable flat pads that are worn externally to collect menstrual blood and prevent staining. These are mostly made of rayon or cotton. They are available in a variety of sizes, with added benefits of extra absorption and fragrance in some cases. They are easier to carry.
Benefits of using a tampon
- Tampons are easy to use provided you are very well informed and well practiced about its usage and methods of insertion
- Tampons can absorb menstrual blood, depending on your flow, for up to six hours.
- Tampons are more hygienic as the entire material does not get soaked. This helps in preventing the menstrual blood from coming in contact with underwear, skin and staining other clothing.
Disadvantages of using a tampon
- Tampons, if not changed within 4-6 hours, may cause leakage and staining.
- The insertion of a tampon is extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable if not used by practiced hands.
- Incorrect insertion can be painful and lead to injuries and infection
- Leaving a tampon on for too long can cause a Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by toxins and bacterial infection.
- Tampons may increase menstrual cramps in some cases.
Benefits of using sanitary napkins
- Sanitary napkins are easy to use. They come in flat, rectangular shapes of absorbent material that are stuck on the underwear and absorb menstrual blood externally.
- Can be worn overnight.
- Easier to use and convenient to carry around.
- Helps to monitor the flow of blood
- Lessens the risk of infections, and there are fewer health risks
Disadvantages of sanitary napkins
- Cannot prevent menstrual odours
- The absorption rate is lower than tampons
- They show through clothing and tight fitted clothes cannot be worn
It is difficult to say which one is a better or healthier option. Both kinds have their own advantages and disadvantages and are a matter of individual preference. No matter what you use, it is important for you to keep in mind that it is necessary to change it after a few hours, and regular washing helps keeping the menstrual odour in check. It also keeps the pubic region clean and free from the risks of bacterial infections. It is necessary to remain active and maintain a healthy diet to have a regular smooth flow without blood clots. In case of uncontrolled bleeding, you must seek medical attention without delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Iam 37 years old unmarried. Last month had taken birth control pill for first time in life. Took 4 tabs n quit taking. Due to nausea etc. Had uncontrollable bleeding for extra 5 days. Stopped. But my problem is I did not have period this mon. What may be the reason. And what must I do now. please help.
Hello, I am Dr. Pooja Sharma Dimri. I'm a gynecologist occupation and an infertility specialist. I also specialized in minimally invasive surgery, gynecology including operative laparoscopy and histroscophy copy. Now I'm going to talk about a very common complaint with women present with us, which is irregular menstrual bleeding. Irregular menstrual bleeding may be in the form of delayed or irregular periods or heavy menstrual bleeding or frequent menstrual cycles. Most of the common cause of this irregular menstrual bleeding is hormonal issues like polycystic ovarian disease or hyperthyroidism.
In other cases, the cause of heavy or irregular menstrual bleeding maybe some pathology in the uterus like fibroids, polyps, abnormalities in the uterine lining or the endometrium to diagnose the cause of the regular or the heavy menstrual bleeding.
Before we go on to treatment we may need to do certain investigations like the hormonal profile to her on hormonal issues, sonography of the uterus and the pelvis to see for any nutrient pathology but sometimes all pathology may not be detected by the imaging studies and the blood investigation and we may require a hysteroscopy or a minimally invasive surgery to diagnose and treat these pathologies. Now hysteroscopy is a minimally invasive technique in which a specialized scope or telescope is put inside the uterine cavity in which we can directly visualize any pathology like a small uterine polyp or thickened endometrium at the same thing. That pathology can be removed and the endometrial lining can be sent for a biopsy.
In cases of older patients and specially in the ferryman age group, it is very important to rule out chances of cancers of the uterus. So in case of in irregular menstrual bleeding it is better to consult your gynecologist to rule out abnormal pathology.
For more details you can contact me on Lybrate.com.
• avoid overeating during festive season as its just not the quantity but the intake of calories. Too many calories may lead you to gain weight.
• keep your body hydrated enough.
• avoid eating too much sweets, oily and spicy preparations.
• plan your meal in such a way that the festive specialities should be your lunch so that rest day's activities can burn your extra calories.
• and don't forget to have healthy breakfast and dinner as light as possible in festive season so as to manage extra calories.
Your body shape reveals more about you than merely the outer appearances. In fact, it is a reflection of your inner health and as well as your future health. Here are some of the things that your body shape reveals about your overall health and the diseases that you need to look out for.
1. Triangle: the pear shaped body or the triangle body usually has more fat on hips, thighs and the butt. They are at lower risk of heart diseases, since the weight is less concentrated on the waist. But, they can develop lower back problems and may have an increased tendency to develop knee issues as most of the weight is carried on hips and thighs.
2. Circle: circle shape is basically for those who carry a lot of fat around their waists. Men and women are equally likely to be affected. Those with a waist size larger than 34 inches in female and 36 inches in male are considered circle shaped. They are at a higher risk of uterine problems, kidney issues and pancreatic-colon cancers.
3. Rectangle: men and women who tend to carry weight distributed all around their bodies have a rectangular body shape. While this is a desirable shape for men, for women it may lead to a flatter looking body. This body shape is healthier than the others, but you may experience osteoarthritis and joint pain if you have higher body fat.
4. Apple: women who carry extra fat on the upper body, i. E. Arms and chest, upper stomach as well have apple shaped bodies. If their body fat is appropriate, they tend to be healthy, but being apple shaped can put you at risk for a number of conditions, including heart problems, blood pressure problems and diabetes.
But remember, irrespective of your body type, make sure that you exercise regularly, have well-balanced diet and stay happy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Sexual disorders are issues or complications which hamper your sex life. This can have unintended consequences such as depression and separation. Sexual disorders may be either physical or psychological; at present, there are treatments available for most sexual disorders.
Sexual disorders interfere with certain parts or the whole of the sexual response cycle (which consists of excitement, orgasm, plateau and resolution). This means that you will not be able to achieve satisfaction and contentment by engaging in a sexual activity.
The types of sexual disorders are-
- Disorders related to orgasm: These disorders are related to the inability to orgasm or climax.
- Desire disorders: Lack of desire to engage in sexual intercourse
- Arousal disorders: If afflicted with these disorders, you will find it very difficult to be aroused during a sexual activity.
- Pain related issues: These are disorders in which you experience pain during sexual intercourse.
The symptoms of sexual disorders are-
- You may be unable to orgasm.
- Tight muscles in the vagina, thus hampering sex.
- Dry vaginal tissues in the vagina leading to pain during sex.
- Inability to maintain or achieve erection.
- Premature ejaculation.
There are various treatments which are available to rectify sexual disorders. They are-
- Sex Therapy: You may consult a sex therapist who can provide counseling on the psychological aspects of sex. They can help you resolve those psychological factors which can act as a deterrent.
- Hormone Therapy: Women can undergo hormone therapy if the cause of sexual disorders is an imbalance in the hormones.
- Mechanical Devices: Various devices such as penile implants and vacuum devices can help overcome sexual disorders.
On 28 the Feb ,me and my girlfriend where making out while she was having her pants on while I was naked having condom I ejaculated later I fingered her. On 8th of March we again made out with her having pants and I ejaculated in condom. And 18 we had the same. On 15th March I did pregnancy test it came out negative. On 23 I checked for pregnancy it came out negative again. She was due for period on 22 March if you go by last two months of her periods. She always has irregular period but for past 2 months she was having regular period. She had whitish excretion with cramps which stopped on 24 march. On 30 march I did pregnancy test which came out negative. Tried different companies urine preg tests. From 29 march she has taken progesterone 5 mg ,10 tablets for 5 days. Her course got finished on 3rd april. She missed a tablet one day after which she continued. She is having cramps but no sign of periods yet. Can any body get pregnant without direct insertion into vagina? Please help.
चीनी एक जहर है जो अनेक रोगों का कारण है.
(1)-- चीनी बनाने की प्रक्रिया मेँ गंधक का सबसे अधिक प्रयोग होता है । गंधक माने पटाखोँ का मसाला ।
(2)-- गंधक अत्यंत कठोर धातु है जो शरीर मेँ चला तो जाता है परंतु बाहर नहीँ निकलता ।
(3)-- चीनी कॉलेस्ट्रॉल बढ़ाती है जिसके कारण हृदयघात या हार्ट अटैक आता है ।
(4)-- चीनी शरीर के वजन को अनियन्त्रित कर देती है जिसके कारण मोटापा होता है ।
(5)-- चीनी रक्तचाप या ब्लड प्रैशर को बढ़ाती है ।
(6)-- चीनी ब्रेन अटैक का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(7)-- चीनी की मिठास को आधुनिक चिकित्सा मेँ सूक्रोज़ कहते हैँ जो इंसान और जानवर दोनो पचा नहीँ पाते ।
(8)-- चीनी बनाने की प्रक्रिया मेँ तेइस हानिकारक रसायनोँ का प्रयोग किया जाता है ।
(9)-- चीनी डाइबिटीज़ का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(10)-- चीनी पेट की जलन का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(11)-- चीनी शरीर मे ट्राइ ग्लिसराइड को बढ़ाती है ।
(12)-- चीनी पेरेलिसिस अटैक या लकवा होने का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(13)चीनी बनाने की सबसे पहली मिल अंग्रेजो ने 1868 मेँ लगाई थी ।
उसके पहले भारतवासी शुद्ध देशी गुड़ खाते थे और कभी बीमार नहीँ पड़ते थे ।
(14) कृपया चीनी से गुड़ पे आएँ.।
जीवन आपका है इसलिये
स्वस्थ रहें मस्त रहें
Hi, I am conceived actually, I did check today itself but not ready for it right now. Want to abort. So any suggestions without facing any problems in future.
Doctor my wife is pregnant 3rd month running Dr. pls tell me what kind food she have to eat in vegetables and fruits.
Bread is a very versatile food variant and finds its place on most breakfast platters. Be it white, brown or whole grain, mass produced quality or home-baked artisan kind, bread is almost indispensable in modern Indian household. There has been incessant debate over which carries the most health benefits and nutritional value, read on to explore…
Why brown or whole wheat bread is good for you?
1. Whole wheat grain
Flour is prepared from wheat berries made out of the bran, the germ and the endosperm they in combination are filled with nutrients. Whole grain or wheat bread intake decreases LDL, or the bad cholesterol, it also helps you retain a healthy body weight due to low carbohydrate content and has a lower glycaemic index that keeps your blood sugar steady.
2. Smooth bowel movements
The fibrous quality provides you relief from irritable bowel syndrome. The bran and germ improves your bowel by increasing the bulk of stools, making it easier to pass through the intestines. If you are prescribed laxative medications all you need to do is have enough brown or wheat bread.
3. Nutrients and vitamins
Breads labelled whole grain contain a large amount of nutrients. One of the most important features of brown bread is that it contains most of B vitamins -including riboflavin, thiamine and niacin -- that helps your body acquire energy from food. Whole wheat breads are also rich in vitamins E, K, pantothenic acid and folate.
Tip – With only a slight difference in taste and texture, wheat bread adds as a great accompaniment with any dish. You can even double it up as a healthy sandwich by adding fresh veggies and cottage cheese, with only minimal preparation.
Why white bread is bad for you?
1. Low fibre content
White bread is low in fibre, an essential in lowering your levels of bad cholesterol and checks the smooth functioning of your gastrointestinal tract. An average slice of white bread consists only 0.5 grams of fibre with the whole wheat bread providing up to 2 grams of fibre.
2. Refined grains
The whole grain is stripped of all its bran and germ for it to be refined where it loses all elements that hold fibre, magnesium, zinc, vitamins and minerals. White bread is made from these refined grains. Even though bread-makers attempt to add some vitamins back in, fibrous whole grains prove to be the clear winner.
3. High glycemic index
This index measures how rapidly food affects your blood sugar and insulin levels compared to pure glucose. White bread has a high glycaemic index due to which it gets rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. A diet comprising of high-glycaemic foods increases your chances of weight gain, type-2 diabetes and heart problems.
Replace the white bread with the equally tasty, wheat-made variant to score high on the fitness meter!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.