Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmal RuhilYour feedback matters!
Sir i'm 23 year old boy. Sometime I feel more pain in my both legs in lower side & also gastric problem. please suggest me some solutions.
I am taking lutivit since 3 days for eyes irritation. But I am getting pain in above testicles. I am diagnosed having gallbladder stone. Suffered chikungunya one and half months back. May I continue the lutivit capsules daily one.
If any body will go toilet more than ten time in a day and each and every time blood is coming out from his anus. Then what we will do.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have been suffering from gas problem since few days. My stomach is now looks bigger in size due to this problem I think. With very less amount of food my stomach get filled. Earlier it wasn't like that. Due to gas problem I had taken a unienzyme as I thought it was a digestion problem. But now I don't know what to do. If I intake a glass of water my stomach fills and feel like vomiting but it doesn't come. Please reply soon.
I am 23 years old, I am getting pain under my belly everyday when I go for toilet, sometimes blood is been shed through the anus, I am very afraid, please help.
I have a pain in my anus. I cannot clench my anus because it hurts tremendously. Scared of going to the toilet because it pains when I try to have a first bowel movement. Can't sit due to the pain. Lying down is the most comfortable. Walking hurts for the first ten minutes and I feel a kind of pressure on my anus but after that it gets a little better. No blood in stools. No external signs of any lumps. Apart from the pain it feels a little like something is poking inside. The posterior edge ie away from the scrotum feels a tight and a little hard. Pushing on it hurts a lot. What could this be? I am 42 years old and 70 kg. Not obese but rather sedentary. Thanks for all the help.
I have pain in between my chest and heart, I feel that due to gastric problem but I use to feel the pain during my early weak up from bed, some says that due to sleeping in wrong direction that is facing stomach towards bed, totally confused please kindly give me some solution.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.