Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nilima TirivediYour feedback matters!
Uterine cancer is often treated with a combination of treatments. The recommendation of treatment option depends on the factors such as stage and type of cancer, age, the overall health of the patient, side effects, personal preference etc. Another important consideration that goes before taking a call on the treatment option includes the research on the patient’s ability to bear a child in future. But, overall, the treatment plan includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy etc.
Surgery is often the first step towards removing the tumor and a few healthy tissues around it. Some of the common surgical procedure include hysterectomy, lymph node dissection, and sentinel lymph node biopsy.
- Hysterectomy: The extent of the cancer spread decides the type of procedure a surgeon can perform. Hysterectomy is the removal of the cervix and the uterus. For patients whose cancer has spread significantly, a surgeon performs a radical hysterectomy- removal of the vagina, cervix, uterus and some healthy tissues from the nearby region. For patients who have had menopause in their health history, doctors choose to perform a procedure known as the salpingo-oophorectomy. This involves the removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tube.
- Lymph node dissection: This is quite similar to hysterectomy. The surgeon might remove the lymph nodes to ensure that cancer doesn’t spread beyond the uterus.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy: This is another process to determine whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and the surrounding areas. This procedure is effective in determining other cancers type as well such as cancer-related to the breasts.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a kind of therapy that involves the use of high-energy rays that could destroy cancer cells. Radiation is given at a fixed dosage over a limited number of days. This method of treatment is typically used in addition to a surgery. In most cases, a surgery followed by radiation therapy helps a patient to fight cancer more effectively. Many oncologists might also want a patient to take radiation therapy to shrink the size of a tumor before going for a surgery. The most common radiation therapy is external beam radiation therapy.
- Chemotherapy: This procedure involves the use of powerful drugs to destroy cancer cells. There are claims that it effectively reduces the ability of the cancer cells to grow and spread. Chemotherapy is usually suggested after a surgery or can be individually applied to a cancer patient. Chemotherapy can be applied in orally or in the form of IV. The period of chemotherapy like radiotherapy is applicable for a specified amount of cycle over a limited number of days. This form of treatment is most preferred when cancer recurs in a patient after a considerable amount of time. They are equally effective in uterine cancer as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Hello doc, is taking myo - inositol prior to ivf helps in good quality eggs resulting in making good embroys? if yes then how much time one should take this drug prior to ivf? I am 40 yrs old female going for an ivf. Thanks.
I am 24 years old and from 6th class I have Low Blood Pressure Problem now these days this problem become frequent at the time of Monthly periods I am facing this problem, multiple time I got admitted in hospital, last BP reached till 49. What to do?
I am 23 year old female. I want to ask regarding my menstrual cycle. My previous cycle was of 35 days. I had my menses on 14th of june. On the 8th of july I had sex. The condom leaked. My vagina was very dry and it was the 25th day of my cycle. Now its 36th day I haven't got my periods. I am experiencing light brown colored discharge from vagina. Its a bit watery. Its 12 days since I had sex. Also it was my first time. Am I pregnant. Please help. I am under a lot of stress.
- Aids in digestion.
- Helps in treating acne.
- Beneficial in weight loss.
- Boost immune system and overall health.
- Helps in proper functioning of thyroid glands.
- Helps to prevent atherosclerosis and heart attack.
- Helps in cellular growth, repair and wound healing.
- Helps to prevent constipation, bloating and colon cancer.
I am 28 years old. I got married in 2015. Niw from last month I try to conceive .which is the best time in a month so that we try on these days to get conceive. Can you suggest any folic acid tablet.
Hii I am on treatment of PCOS from last two month, in this month my MC came on 10/7/17 on the 6th day of my MC because of unprotected relation with my husband I was taken ECP (i-pill) now again on 24/7/17 my Mc came .is this because of ECP'S reaction or because of PCOS?
My Dad is 80 years old & has previously gone through Prostrate surgery. Since last 2 weeks he is passing blood /blood clots through Urine. Was admitted to hospital and was fine but back home it's recurring. Homeopathic medicines helped for 2 days only. He has constipation problems. Now it's better but continues to pass blood/clots sometimes. Cystoscopy revealed clots on urinary bladder which was cleaned. CT Scan / USG haven't revealed anything. Please suggest something. Could these be symptoms of Bladder cancer?
Did you know a few indoor plants have the ability to cleanse the air and make it fresher, besides having great medicinal properties. These plants can be eaten, taken as juice, or used for culinary purposes. You can grow these low-maintenance plants at home, in your garden or near your windowsill.
1. Fenugreek or methi:
How to use: fenugreek leaves as well as seeds are edible and it encourages weight gain, deters cancer of the liver and lowers blood cholesterol levels. Fenugreek also drains off the sweat ducts, and is useful for body building, for the late onset of diabetes, painful menstruation, and labour pains. It restores a dull sense of taste as well.
How to grow: fenugreek seeds are widely available across grocery stores. To grow the plant at home you can soak the seeds in water and scatter them densely in a bed of rich soil. Sprouts will appear in about five days, and the first harvest takes up to three weeks. After a month you will have better and sweet tasting clover-like leaves.
2. Aloe vera:
How to use: the big aloe leaves contain sap and can be used for healing burns, wounds, cuts and skin allergies. Intake of aloe vera juice helps in correcting digestive problems and appetite, chronic constipation and ulcers. The juice of the plant can be used as a skin and hair potion as well.
How to grow: aloe vera plant is one of the easiest to maintain as it just needs moist soil, regular watering and sun exposure. It requires only 1-2 inches deep water levels in order to grow and even lesser amount of water during winter.
How to use: tulsi is an amazing remedy for the severe respiratory syndromes. You can compress the leaves to juice form to cure cold, malaria, fever, bronchitis and cough. Tulsi or basil leaf can also be sipped as herbal tea too. The plant is a purifier and its decoction along with honey and ginger helps in relieving bronchitis, flu, common cold and seasonal cough.
How to grow: tulsi plant requires ample sunlight and water every day. This plant is a must-have for each household as it is both easy to maintain and effective for healing indigestion, headache, hysteria, insomnia and cholera.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.