Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neera MalhautraYour feedback matters!
In case you do not notice or treat the injuries, they can turn out to be deeply infected and might need operation / amputation. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy can likewise bring about a sharp pain in your feet. You may turn out to be extremely sensitive to the lightest touch, like the sheets on your bed.
Here are a few precautions you should take in order to avoid foot pain during diabetes:
- Check both feet every day: Look over both feet precisely every day and make certain you check between the all of your toes. Blisters and infections can begin between your toes, and with diabetic neuropathy, you may not feel them until they have become aggravated or infected. In case a physical test keeps you from checking your own particular feet, request that a family member or a relative help.
- Wash with lukewarm water: Wash both of your feet every day with warm - not hot - water. You will most likely be unable to feel the heat with your feet, so test the water with your hands first. Do not absorb water for too long since waterlogged wounds have a harder time recovering. Dry your feet immediately, and remember to dry them softly especially between your toes.
- Ensure your shoes fit well: Even the smallest rubbing or misfit shoe can bring about blisters that transform into a sore and have to be removed since it never heals.
- Do not walk barefoot: Never walk barefoot. Wear shoes or footwear. Continuously wear socks with your shoes, since calfskin, plastics, and synthetic shoe materials can bother your skin and rapidly bring on blisters.
- Stay soft, yet dry: Your skin might be dry and teary due to the high glucose levels and split skin means it is very easy for the bacteria to get under your skin. This makes it harder for the infection to heal. Use a little skin salve every day. Also make certain your feet feel dry, not soggy or sticky, a while later. Make an effort not to get the cream in the middle of your toes.
- Attempt light exercise: Swimming, cycling, yoga are good exercises, with negligible effect on your feet. Speak with your specialist before beginning an activity or a program.
- Control your glucose: The best counteractive action for foot pain, eventually, is to deal with your diabetes well under control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.