Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelima Tripathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelima TripathiYour feedback matters!
I was having periods on regular basis but since last month i. E; from January I missed my periods. I also got a sprain last month for which the doc's gave me medicine and it was during my date of monthly cycle when I was having those medicines after that I didn't get periods. I am even having back pain. Please help.
I got intimated with my boyfriend on January (no contraception). He did not have ejaculation or we did not have any penetration. While sucking his penis there was a sticky thing I felt and except it nothing came from his penis. I got my period till January February and March but on April no menses. I am diagnosed pcos. I don't think I am pregnant. Is there any chance?
Hi Sir, While having sex with my partner the condom got bursted and I came to know after finishing. Please do let me know what step needs to be taken that my partner will not get pregnant as of now we are not planning for baby. However she has taken tablet i-pill but I am scared is that going to work. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
If a girl takes ipill is it necessary that she will bleed I mean even if sperm is not present in her or only those girls bleed which have sperm in them? Please advise.
Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant, and from 3 days I was having cold and fever, doctor suggested wikoryl tablet to take. Now I do not have fever, but I have cough and running rose. Can I take samahan powder in my pregnancy, my cousin suggested me this powder to take. Kindly you doctors pls suggest me can I take this powder for cough and cold. As I am out of station I am unable to go and consult doctor.
Most families refer to their newborn baby as their 'bundle of joy'. The news of a child being born brings immense joy to the entire family. However, due to various reasons, a child could be born with some medical abnormalities, which would be known as congenital abnormalities. There are several different types of heart defects that can be congenital. These usually manifest themselves either immediately after birth or in the early years of life. In some cases, the abnormality could be detected on prenatal ultrasounds. In others, it may not be and the family could be caught off guard about the condition. This causes a lot of stress, both for the child, who does not receive regular postnatal care and for the parents immediately after the delivery process.
If the baby has the following symptoms within the first few hours of life, there could be a serious underlying condition, which requires medical attention. The presence and severity of the symptoms would depend on the actual abnormality.
- The skin is pale gray or blue in color due to excessive venous flow in the system
- Excessive sweating
- The child is exerting to breathe regularly
- Rapid breathing causes added load on the heart accompanied by a grunting noise
- Flared nostrils i.e. the baby attempts to take in more oxygen with each breath causes flared nostrils
- Swollen legs, eyes, and abdomen: Fluid retention in the legs and abdomen is quite common, and this could be characteristic of newborns with congenital heart disease
- Shortness of breath, even during feeding
- Clubbed fingernails
- Lethargy and low energy, even with feeding, therefore very poor feeding pattern
- Chest pain, which may cause the newborn to cry incessantly
- Low weight gain, as they feed less
In some children, symptoms manifest only during the teenage years or early adulthood. These conditions are not very severe and the symptoms include:
- Swelling of the hands, feet, and ankles due to fluid accumulation
- Lowered energy levels, leading to easy fatigue
- Shortness of breath with even minimal physical activity
- Inability to exercise
- Developmental delays and changes in growth milestones
- Recurrent respiratory tract infections including sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Heart failure, where the heart is not able to effectively function and pump blood to all parts of the body.
Some or more of these symptoms should trigger a warning to get the child tested for congenital heart disease. While some would just require a monitoring until severe symptoms develop, severe conditions like holes, abnormal valves, narrowed arteries, and blood vessel abnormalities might require immediate intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word. Pancha means five and karma mean treatment methods- therapeutic measures the aim of panch karma therapies is to purify and detoxify the body. It is done for both - unhealthy person and healthy person. It helps an unhealthy person to get rid of many chronic diseases as well as it helps the healthy person as a preventive treatment to keep physically and mentally fit.
Ayurveda is more than a mere healing system, it is a science and art of appropriate living which helps to achieve longevity. Ayurveda emphasizes on preventive and healing therapies along with various methods of purification and rejuvenation. Ayurveda prescribes panchakarma therapies for the cleansing of body toxins. Panchakarma therapies balances all tridosha's (vata- ether plus air, pitta-fire plus water and kapha-water plus earth- three bio energies- body constitution).
Ayurveda considers panch karma necessary before the start of any other therapy. The logic being-as a cloth needs to be purified or cleanse of dust and impurities before it can be imparted a new colour. Similarly, the body needs to be purified before it can be imparted new colours of youthfulness, health and vigor etc.
Purvakarma-pre-purification measures for panchakarma
This is done to prepare the body to encourage let go the toxins. There are two main procedures.
1. Snehana- snehana means oleation- internal and external
For external snehana - abhyanga - oil massage is prescribed. In abhyanga body is massaged with different ayurvedic oils which help the toxins to move towards the gastro - intestinal tract. Abhyanga - massage removes stress and nourishes the nervous system. It makes the body tissues - both superficial and deep soft and supple, snehana is given for 3 to 7 days daily. For internal snehana some ayurvedic - medicated ghee (ghritam) is given to take orally.
2. Swedana - swedana means sweating.
It is given daily immediately following the snehana-abhyanga. In this steam added with herbal decoction given to the body to loosen the toxins from the individual. It liquefies the toxins and increases the movement of toxins into the gastro - intestinal tract.
Pradhankarma-main purification measures of panchakarma
1. Vaman - emesis therapy
It is indicated in kaphavridhi means in excess of kapha. Vamana - the ayurvedic treatment is therapeutic vomiting, to eliminate the kapha causing the excess mucus. It is done for bronchitis, cold-cough, asthma etc.
2. Virechana - purgation therapy
It is indicated in excess of pitta in the body. Ayurveda suggests therapeutic purgation for skin problems like rashes, inflammation, biliary vomiting, acne-pimples and jaundice etc.
3. Nasyam-nasal administration
In this therapy head - face and chest are massaged with specific herbal oil and made to perspire. Then specific ayurvedic oils - powder are administered in nostrils. It is very effective for sinusitis, migraine, headaches, allergic condition and rhinitis etc.
4. Anuvasan vasti - medicated oil enemas
It is indicated in vata disorders like a backache, sciatica and other joint pains, arthritis, rheumatism, gout, muscle spasm, sexual problems, neurological problems a headache etc. Vata`s predominant site is the colon. In this therapy medicated oil is introduced into the rectum.
5. Asthapana vasti - niruha vasti - enema of decoction
It is also done for vata disorders. In this herbal decoctions are introduced in the rectum. It relieves constipation, distention, backache, rheumatism and other joint pains etc.
Other miscellaneous therapies of panchakarma
1. Sirodhara - it is indicated in insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, depression and headaches.
2. Pinda sweda - useful in joint pains in neurological problems.
3. Shasti-shali pindasweda - useful in neurological problems.
4. Nadisweda - useful in pain in joints.
5. Kati-vasti - useful in backache, slip disc, prolapse or herniation of vertebras.
6. Janu vasti - useful in osteo- arthritis - knee joint pain.
7. Shirovasti - useful in problems related with the brain, neurological disorders.
8. Uttara vasti - useful in gynae problems, infertility, genitourinary problems.
9. Udwartanam - good for skin and weight loss.
10. Tarpanam - useful in the ailments of eyes.
11. Pizhichil (sarvang dhara) - useful in paralysis and other neurological problems, joint pains.
Paschata karma - post purification measures of panchakarma
In this, some changes in diet and life style are advised after main purification course. Some ayurvedic internal medicines are also advised to be taken for different ailments for prescribed duration.