Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam HansYour feedback matters!
Hi, my brother one an half year back got married and he is 34 age, he is getting delay for baby. We feel there is some problem regarding their inter course. Kindly suggest.
Hi doctor, I am on estrogen from the last 10 years. Now I want to plan my baby. What should I do? please help me.
Avoid unnecessary accumulation of water and waste. This will be a breeding place for larvae of aedes and anopheles mosquito. Also if one has high grade fever with swings along with bodyache then one should avoid taking self medication and should visit a doctor. Similarly cough, cold with fever and headache should warrant urgent visit to a doctor as it can be a early presentation of influenza. It is always safe to receive a single shot of flu vaccine in this season. Prevention is a always better than cure.
Detoxification is a physiological and medical process of blood cleansing by removing impurities from the blood. It is a means of cleaning and nourishing the body from inside and it is done at least once a year. It includes one or more of the following: dieting, fasting, colon cleansing, removal of dental fillings or cutting out specific foods from your diet.
Benefits of detoxifying your body:
- Gets rid of excess waste
- Boosts your energy
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves your respiration process
- Reduces weight
- Provides anti-aging benefits
Majority of the detoxification of your body is carried out by these 4 systems; Digestive, Respiratory, Urinary and Dermal. Any disturbance in these 4 systems results in accumulation of toxins in your body and may cause serious medical illnesses.
Homeopathy approach helps in maintaining the proper functioning and balance of the 4 systems. It is a gentle, natural and one of the safest ways of removing toxins. Homeopathic remedies for treating detoxification are as follows:
- Berberis Vulgaris: It acts as a stimulator of liver, gall bladder and kidneys. It is best suited for people who face rapid change of symptoms, pain all over the body, repeated diarrhea and stone in the kidney.
- Chelidonium tincture: It is a reliable liver and gall bladder drainer. It supports liver in removing toxin from your body due to heavy usage of drugs and antibiotics.
- Senega: It is an effective detoxification remedy for people exposed to respiratory issues with allergies.
- Nux Vomica: It acts as an intestine and liver stimulator. It is mostly used for symptoms linked with a sedentary lifestyle and excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and tobacco.
- Taraxacum Officinale: It is used by people with stomach and digestion issues.
- Fumaria Officinalis: It detoxifies your body by purifying the blood, leading to enhanced functioning of the liver.
- Uva Ursi: It is an effective urinary antiseptic that supports the functioning of kidneys and reproductive system.
- Saponaria: It is used for skin draining purpose.
- Aloe: It is used for detoxification of the rectum.Apart from the homeopathy remedies, other self care measures such as drinking lots of water, healthy eating, exercising regularly, minimizing stress and avoiding alcohol and drugs can help in detoxifying. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Good morning, Sir, mera wife ka mc june-28 me hua aur doctor ke kehne ke mutabik humlog july-12 se july-22 date tak sex kiya (for baby planing) but abtak mc nahin aaya hai. Kitne din ke baad check karna hai baby hai ya nahin.
My wife period start on 20 and ends on 21 of the month which is the day to have unprotected sex and not a chance of pregnancy.
I have an irregular period problems, I have taken many treatments but it is not cured. There is gap of 2-3 months sometimes 6 months.
Hello, I am planning to do sex with my girlfriend today. So I need some medicines for stamina. And it's the first time so how should I insert my penis in her vagina. And obviously we are just 18 and we r not planning for a baby but we r just doing it for fun, so which pills she should take to prevent pregnancy. And should I use condom. And please tell me the various sex positions to prevent pregnancy and sex positions which are easy for the first time. And if she lick my penis, then the pregnancy will occur or not?
Hi, my girlfriend just got out with urine infection and her stomach is swelling and 15 days before she tested with prega news and the result was -ve, is there any chance she might be pregnant. And we didn't have unprotected sex. She is having PCOS also. She is getting fever also and fever comes and goes. She is having cold also. And stomach ache also she is having. 13th of this month sge used to gt periods but she didn't get it. Is there any chance she might be pregnant?
Hi some doctors told me that if you are planning a baby then have sex in cycle of 10th to 18th day of period if she has a regular 30 days cycle. So my question is in this 10th to 18th day of cycle can I have a sex daily or on alternate days please suggest.
I got married one and half years ago. Now we are planning for a baby but even after 4 to 5 times intercourse without any precautions last month my wife got period this month also. What should we do. Kindly suggest.
I took an iphill day before yesterday. Can I take another pill tomorrow as well since I had intercourse yesterday, I.e. After having an ipill day before yesterday?
Hello, Actually I missed my periods for 5 days. Last time the date was 1st august, but now the date is sept 5 th. Is there any chance of pregnancy. please suggest me.
I want to do family planning but my wife does not like using condoms. So, which contraceptive pill is better such as Saheli or any other whose side effects are minimal or not.
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - the woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA.
Related Tip: How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??