Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. NavinYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir. I m accident by bike tomorrow. I have scratch on arms or knees. Please tell me some medication for fast relief. Bcoz my exam is in dated 29 Nov. Plzzz sir tell me.
Maire mummy ki age 50 years hai or unko ghutno or kamar main bahut dard rehta hai .please suggest me any ayurvedic treatment or home remedy.
My thumb become swollen from the last three days. And there is no pus. Please give medicine for the same.
I am suffering from knee pain with swilling from last 15 days after playing cricket. Please help me to reduce swelling and pain or my leg is not easily bend.
I am a fourteen year old boy and I am suffering from severe backpain since last two weeks. I feel like im weak. What should I do? Please help me.
M 53 years old having CERVICAL SPINE pain due compression on c5-6 and pain from spine to neck to left hand finger. It's been from a month ago. Please suggest remedy .
I am 35 year old doing regular Zym. But From last 8 month I am suffering from muscle pain in my left shoulder due to light disbalance of weight during exercise. But still I am doing my regular exercise but pain of left shoulder is not ok. I feel light pain always in left shoulder. So please suggest some remedy for this problem to solve it.
I am 20 years old male and I have headache from last 6 months and back pain also I have used so many pain relief tablets and advice of so many doctors but I dnt have a got a relief please tell me what can I do. Please help me !
Hi, i am 30 years old. Last 4 l have suffering stomach problems. Within one year 10 kg waitloss. Normally no stomach pain. Stool is toxic and smell. Gas and bloating. Nerves and joints pain. Sleeping is not good. Please advice.
I am 17 years old I am suffering from backache since 3 months .it is gradually increasing .so could you say any remedies to decrease it?
Iam suffering from hemiplegia since last six years(left side) my left is not working my hand finger not moved but there is sensation what is remedy to cure this
Dear Sir/ Madam, I have pain in hip joint, where right leg joins hip, from last 4 months. The treatment is continue but there is no effect of treatment. Kindly suggest better.
I am 28 years old and I got ankle sprained in my right leg on two weeks back. Now, I started to walk and slowly seeing improvement. Need to recover soon. How long it will take and what should I have to do now.
I am 21 years old and continuously there is a pain in my back for last 3 days and have pain in eyes also. Please help.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.