Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen GargYour feedback matters!
My 2 year old son infected with typhoid from 21 days. He is hospitilis on 15 th march & fever is gone for next four days. From 20 the march again he got fever after almost 8 hrs repetitively. Dr. Told yesterday for x ray chest. What will be actual problem with him.& can you suggest any medicine. Xray reports are normal.
My son 7 years old, always tells about legs pain as he never walk not more than half km a day. He commute to school by van. What will be the root cause, any tests to be done?
My 7 years old son has discovered spots on all over his body, confused for chickenpox as he does not have itching nor temp only mild cold n cough.
Am 29 years old. Recently have tested so I came to know that I have b12 deficiency and d vitamin deficiency. So am planing for baby in another 6 months, ran to doctor with that reports he suggested some vitamin tablets. So had that also. Is there any problems did I get once after conceive with this deficiency.
2 year baby is suffering from high fever 103. I gave meftal p before 1 and half hour but fever is not coming down. What should I do.
Hi my son 2.5 months only. Her Navel has extended/swollen since last 15-20 days. She also spit out milk many a times a day even after burping. Pls help.
My daughter 3.5 years old by mistake had diabetic (glyco mat) tablet, within a seconds we take out from her mouth, what is the short run side-effect, what is long run-effect?
1. Limit your child's consumption of sugar sweetened beverages
2. Encourage the consumption of fruits and vegetables
3. Eat meals together as a family as often as possible
4. Limit eating out especially at fast food restaurants
5. Adjust portion sizes appropriately as per their age
6. Limit TV and computer time to less than two hours.
my son, he's 4 years complete, past 6 months both neck side some of the small lumps is there, I ask the pediatrician he said its a primary complex, but that time my son suffered fever.
I am 17 yrs old and so weak and reason is nightfall. This sudden nightfall occurs and I came to know about this in next morning. My organ is also so weak and whole body is in pain feeling that nothing remains in the body. What to do? please help me!
My daughter is 4 months old, but she doesn't weep for milk in night. We have to feed her on our own. She didn't cry for milk in night.
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.