Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naresh Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Naresh KumarYour feedback matters!
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- an increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- a cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- if the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- for body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course.
Related Tip: Why does PAIN occur? Understand the Mechanism of Pain
I have so much pain on my body n may days it can not be resolved what should I do give mi the medicine.
Sir when I wake up I feel to have body pain and tiredness daily is there any major diseases and how should I cure it.
Dealing with hip pain is a daunting task. The pain can affect even walking or sitting. While alleviating pain with pills and medication can keep off the suffering, strengthening the hips is crucial. Exercises are perfect means to stay off of hip pain. The following are some of the exercises that an individual suffering from hip pain can perform to seek relief.
- Lying March: This is an easy way to assuage the hip pain. Lie flat on your back. Choose a flat surface for this exercise. Bend your knees and keep your hands on the side. Stiffen your abdominal muscles, and raise one leg up to 4 inches. Hold in the position for a few seconds. Lower the leg slowly. Now do the same with the other leg. It is better to stay in this position for 30 seconds, and then move on to the other leg.
- Planks: Stand on all fours. Your back should be straight. Now, start with planks by raising one knee, and there should be no bending of the back. Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Then alternate the leg. Repeat at least 5 times. If you have been doing this for long and are confident, move to the advanced level. This involves raising one leg and opposite arm simultaneously. Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Then go back to all fours position.
- Marching on the Ball: Sit comfortably on the exercise ball. Keep your feet shoulder apart, flat on the ground. Your toes should be firm on the ground and slowly raise one heel. When you want to try an advanced level, you can raise the entire feet off the ground. Stay in this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Slowly bring the foot down and change to the other leg.
- Half Crunch on Ball: Sit straight on the exercise ball and keep your feet flat on the floor. Keep your arms crossed on the chest. You can also keep the arms on hips. Bend the hip and raise the toes to lean around 45 degrees back. Now, push your stomach muscles to get back to the original position. Your feet should not move during this process, only then your ab muscles and hip are strengthened.
- Workout for thighs: Often, it is only the affected area that we focus upon for pain relief. But one has to take care of the adjacent area too, if complete cure is what you are looking for. This is why exercising the thigh muscles is important. For this, lie on the side. Raise the leg, and try to reach a height of 6 inches. Hold for 3 to 4 seconds. Bring the leg down slowly. Repeat the same with the other side. Perform at least 3 sets of 10 repetitions. However, stop it immediately if you experience severe pain.
- Flexion: Lie flat on the back. Place the leg on the ground, and start bending it slowly. Wrap your arms around the leg. Shin area should be held. Slowly pull the leg to your chest. Stay in this position for 3 to 5 seconds. Do it 10 times. Now do the same with the alternate leg.
- Squeeze Knees: Start with rolling a soft towel. Stop when it comes to a cylindrical shape. Bend your knees as you lie back. The feet should be on the ground, and now place the towel between the knees. Squeeze the knees, and it should be hard enough to engage your butt muscles and thigh muscles in this action. Hold for 3 seconds. Release. Do again for 10 times.
When doing all these exercises, you need to be careful about two things. Always choose a flat surface to lie straight and stop immediately if you experience pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!