Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandini Mittal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nandini MittalYour feedback matters!
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.
I have irregular periods I never get my periods monthly only after 2 months I wil get my periods doctor is any problem after marriage ?
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. menisci is exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common injury faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of pain and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a menisci tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn menisci depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
- You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
- Stiffness and swelling
- You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
- You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not happening through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. The surgery is done through a small incision, called as arthroscopic surgery or key hole surgery, where in the torn meniscus is either repaired or trimmed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.
I am 33 year old woman, married for 2 and half years and trying to conceive for last 3 months. I got my and my husband's all test done, reports are normal. Kindly help me out.
Hello sir aj mera periods ka 2nd day tha and muje sex karne ka maan kiya tho me or mere husband ne sex kar Liya or sperm bhi mere vagina me hi chod diya and unhone condom use ni kya tha. Tho koi problem tho nhi hogi na. Pls reply in hindi.
I am not getting pregnant. Got Married 30/12/14. No health issues with me & my family. My Periods are regular.
The term ‘homoeopathy’ comes from ‘homoeos’ meaning similar and ‘pathos’ meaning suffering. Though considered as an alternative system of medicine, homoeopathy is the second-most leading systems of medicine in the world, recognized by most world health bodies and is practiced by physicians qualifying with equivalent education standards as compared to modern medical doctors.
Discovered by a german physician called Dr. Samuel hahnemann in the 19th century, homoeopathy regained its importance over the last century due to its ‘holistic’ approach. While treating a patient homoeopathically, not only are his physical complaints taken care of, but his mental and emotional status are addressed too.
Let us see how homoeopathy can be of help to each one of us.
As a homoeopathic practitioner, I often face many questions from patients, like…
Q1) Is homoeopathy a slow process?
No. Homoeopathy is not a slow process. If you take homoeopathic treatment for an illness which has been since a short duration, the medicines will also show results in a short time. But if you expect an age-old illness to be cured in the same period of time as a recent cough or cold, and also be cured from its ‘roots’ (the way people like to call it), then let’s just say, you are confusing homoeopathy and magic! the problem is patients choose to go to a homoeopathic physician after a lot of time has already passed and a lot of damage already done. It thus takes great efforts for the homoeopathic physician to treat the disease justly. Hence, it is only fair to give your homoeopath the time and patience he/she deserves, for an old illness to be treated correctly and wisely.
Q2) Do homoeopathic medicines have any side-effects?
No. Homoeopathic medicines have no side-effects and are extremely safe as they are made from naturally available substances and these medicinal products undergo high dilutions, thus causing no harm to the human body. However, they too are medicines, and not just sugar balls! so just like any other drug substance, a dose higher than that recommended by the physician, can surely evoke some unpleasant effects in the body.
Q3) What are the clinical conditions treated well with homeopathy?
Homoeopathy is a complete system of medicine capable of tackling every disease condition. To name a few, chronic bone and joint conditions like arthritis and chronic back pain, skin complaints like eczema, psoriasis, hairfall, acidity, asthama, migrane, parkinsons, epilepsy, etc. And also psychiatric conditions like depression, anger management, mood disorders, hyper-activity in children, learning disabilities, anxiety disorders, nervousness, lack of self confidence, etc. Respond extremely well to homoeopathic treatment.
Q4) Can I take allopathic medicines along with homoeopathic medicines?
Ideally speaking, classical homoeopathy does not advocate the use of allopathic drugs alongside homoeopathic treatment. Logically, if you take both together, you will not know which one is actually helping you and you may be continuing with both which may be unnecessary. However, practically, it sometimes becomes difficult to avoid the simultaneous use of both as very often the homoeopathic physician faces situations where the patient has been on certain allopathic drugs since a long time and suddenly stopping these may prove to be more dangerous to the patient than the disease itself! of course, with the introduction of homoeopathic medicines, regular use of drugs like painkillers, anti-depressants, anti-histaminics, psychiatric drugs, steroids, etc. That are known to cause severe side-effects in the long run, can be gradually withdrawn in due course of time, so that the patient may enjoy the benefits of the medication rather than suffering from its side-effects, thus improving the quality of life of the patient.
Q5) Are homoeopathic medicines only for children?
No. Homoeopathic medicines can be of immense help to patients of any age group and complaints related to any disease condition.
Q6) Can I use homoeopathic medicines when I am pregnant / breast-feeding?
Yes, absolutely. Homoeopathic medicines are absolutely safe to be used by pregnant women, women who are breast feeding, as well as the new born baby!
Q7) Do homoeopathic medicines contain steroids?
No. Homoeopathic drugs are manufactured by government certified pharmacological companies under strict international drug standards & regulations. Any undue substance found in these medicinal preparations, is punishable by law.
Q8) Are homoeopathic and ayurvedic medicines the same?
Ayurvedic literatures propose the preparation of medicines as mixtures and concoctions which are made from plant extracts and are used as medications in the crude forms as ‘kaadhas’. Homoeopathic medicines, on the other hand, have their origins in many of these naturally available substances; however they are highly diluted solutions used as medicinal agents. This is where the two streams differ, as the founding principles on which they are based are entirely different.
Q9) Can I have a home remedy kit with emergency medicines? is it available easily?
Yes. Homoeopathic medicines can be bought with a doctor’s prescription from any authorized homoeopathic pharmacy and can be used at times of emergencies too!
Q10) Will homoeopathy cure my illness completely or are there limitations?
For most medical conditions, homoeopathy can be trusted with complete cure of the illlness. In pathologically irreversible conditions (like certain cancers, kidney failure, etc), homoeopathy can help in arresting / slowing down the disease process and providing a good quality of life to the patient.
Every doctor and his medicine must aim at treating the individual as a whole and not just the disease. It is the patients’ complete health that should be of utmost importance to every treating physician and he must aim at achieving only that.