Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MonikaYour feedback matters!
It may happen sometimes that you suffer from an undiagnosed medical condition in spite of appearing healthy outwardly. However, your body gives you constant warning signs to indicate that something is wrong with your health. Here are some signs which may be early symptoms of some severe health issues and should not be ignored.
1. Sudden weight loss - If you are not suffering from obesity and you have lost excessive weight in the past 6 months you need to consult your doctor. This sudden drop in weight can be caused by underlying conditions like hyperthyroidism, liver disease, cancer or diabetes, interfering with the way your body absorbs nutrients.
2. Persistent high body temperature - Persistent fever can ring an alarm indicating an underlying cause like UTI or tuberculosis. Lymphomas, which are cancerous, may also be responsible for this persistent fever. If your temperature continues to be 103 F or more or if you continue to have fever for more than 3 days you should consult a doctor immediately.
3. Difficulty in breathing - If your breath is short it can be due to a hidden health problem. Extreme temperatures, obesity, and strenuous exercises are mainly responsible for this shortness of breath. However, if these are not the causes of your breathlessness, you might be suffering from bronchitis, asthma, the blood clot in the lung, pneumonia or any other heart or lung diseases.
4. Bowel incontinence - If you notice unexplained changes in your bladder movement such as blackish stool with blood spots, prolonged constipation and frequent urge to have a bowel movement you should consult your doctor. This sudden change in bowel habits can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection.
5. Personality changes - If you are experiencing deterioration in your thinking skills, have sudden behavior changes and face difficulty in focusing or shifting attention you might be suffering from some severe problem caused by an infection, mental health conditions, poor nutrition, and effect of certain medications.
What is Laryngitis?
Inflammation of the larynx, i.e. voice box, is referred to as laryngitis. Laryngitis is caused by infection – viral, bacterial or fungal. Overuse of the voice, allergies, acid reflux disease, smoking and alcohol intake are some other causes. Laryngitis can be acute or chronic. Short term laryngitis of less than 3 weeks’ duration is termed as acute laryngitis. Laryngitis which has lasted more than 3 weeks is termed long term or chronic laryngitis.
Symptoms of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic Treatment of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic medicines can treat laryngitis wonderfully well. Both acute and chronic laryngitis can be effectively treated under the Homeopathic system of medicine. The Homeopathic prescription for laryngitis varies from case to case as per the individual symptom presentation. Homeopathic medicines are natural and safe from adverse side effects. These medicines set off the body’s own restorative processes to enable it to fight off the disease and heal itself. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines prescribed for laryngitis.
Argentum Met and Arum Triphyllum: These medicines are used for treating laryngitis, which occurs because of voice overuse. Argentum met is used when the symptoms include hoarseness of voice, and a sore feeling in the larynx. It is also used in cases of complete loss of voice, which is common among singers and public speakers. Hawking is likely, and viscid mucus discharge is indicated. Arum Triphyllum is also used for treating laryngitis occurring due to excessive voice use. This medicine is best for patients whose voice become uncontrollable and uncertain. Apart from a burning sensation, pain in the larynx when clearing the throat is also likely.
Phosphorus: This homeopathic medicine is used for treating laryngitis accompanied by violent tickling in the larynx, which leads to coughing. The cough worsens with talking and reading. Voice hoarseness is also indicated, which worsens at night.
Drosera: This homeopathic medicine is used when laryngitis is accompanied by dry and irritating cough. A rough, scraping sensation is experienced in the throat, and voice hoarseness is indicated.
ACONITE NAP: This medicine is used for treating laryngitis, which occurs due to exposure to cold air. The larynx becomes inflamed after being exposed to cold, and voice hoarseness is likely to occur.
Belladonna and Lodum: These are effective homeopathic medicines for laryngitis in which voice hoarseness is accompanied by larynx pain. Belladonna is used when the larynx gets sore and painful, the throat turns red, and there is difficulty in swallowing food. A lump like sensation, and a constrict feeling may be experienced in the throat. Iodum is used when a rough, burning pain in the throat is experienced along with hoarseness and roughness of voice. Cough is also indicated, which results in gasping due to extreme pain.
Calcarea Carb and Carbo Veg: These are effective homeopathic medicines used for treating laryngitis, when the symptoms include painless voice hoarseness. Hawking of mucus is also likely to occur in cases when Calcarea Carb is prescribed. Carbo Veg is prescribed when itching in the larynx is experienced along with voice hoarseness.
It is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for treating laryngitis.
Mery shadi ko 5 years ho gaye he mery wife ke breast loose ho gaye he unko kaise tight kiya ja saqta he any oil suggest me.
How to delay my periods for 2-3 days? Please tell me home remedies so I can easily use it. But tell me the most effective way to delay.
I am 27 years old female. I have one kid 3 year old. After my pregnancy I face two problem one is irregular period and another one is gaining weight. Now I am 72 kg. My belly fat was too much. Pls help me out.
When he rubbed his penis to my vagina I think the was a kinda fluid present but he didn't touch it from the top part of his penis he just placed his penis not inside on top like he rubbed it to my vagina is this dangerous.
Dangers Of Teflon Cookware
Non-stick cookware has become enormously popular because of its convenience factor, and is now the most popular cookware. However, millions of people are unknowingly sacrificing their health to save a few minutes in the kitchen.
Sure it's easy to clean, affordable and incredibly popular, but this cookware is considered toxic by many experts, so this article is to help you help you pick the safest option for your family.
Teflon may be the most popular cookware sold, with some serious advantages when it comes to easy cleanup and also allowing cooks to use less oil and butter. However, it has come under fire in recent years over concerns about toxic chemical emissions, as dozens of reports and studies from both industry and outside sources. So I have talked to numerous experts and looked at the major studies conducted to find out what we should do about this issue.
A Little Background on Teflon
The chemical name for Teflon is polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), and it contains an entire set of fluorine-containing compounds called Fluoropolymers, (which are generally toxic) and are the reason that foods don't stick. This combination has been used commercially since the 1940s.
Another potential problem with nonstick cookware comes from a chemical used in making Teflon called perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), as it has been linked to cancer in laboratory animals, and possible connections to elevated cholesterol, thyroid disease, and reduced fertility. PFOA has come under scrutiny by the EPA because the chemical has shown up in samples of people?s blood, which is concerning because PFOA lasts a long time in both people and the surrounding environment.
Depending on who you talk to, you may find that the majority of people in the know, feel that Teflon cookware is technically safe as long as it's not overheated, but when it is, the coating will begin to break down at a molecular level, that you can't see, allowing toxic & carcinogenic particles and gases to be released.
How HOT Is Too HOT?
It is said that Teflon pans start to overheat at temperatures at 500 degrees Fahrenheit and above, as smaller chemical fragments are then beginning to be released, and DuPont, inventor and manufacturer of Teflon, Kurunthachalam Kannan, Ph.D, agrees that 260�C is the recommended maximum temp for cooking with these items. However, other findings show that the coating begins to break down and release toxins into the air at only 230�C. The next question is how fast will a nonstick pan reach 230 - 260 �C? What was found is that it only takes 2-5 minutes to hit these temps, and for non-stick cookware to emit at least six toxic gases.
During some nonstick cookware lab tests, the results were surprising when showing how quickly some pans got too hot, and at very high temperatures. At 348.8�C and above, these pans can significantly decompose, emitting fumes strong enough to cause "polymer-fume fever, a temporary flu-like condition marked by chills, headache, and fever. These fumes won't kill you, but they can kill pet birds, whose respiratory systems are more fragile. After about three to five minutes of heating, when the pans reach 360�C, they release at least six toxic gasses, including:
Two global pollutants
MFA, a chemical deadly to humans at low doses
The manufacturer of the leading non-stick cookware brand, claims that the coating does not cause a problem under ?normal use.? with significant decomposition of the coating only occuring only when temperatures exceed 348.8�C, and say that these temperatures are well above the normal cooking range. However, results from a study conducted by a university food safety professor that found a generic non-stick frying pan reached 391.1�C in three minutes and 20 seconds when heated on a conventional, electric stovetop burner. And the temperatures continued to rise after the test was stopped. The leading non-stick cookware rose to 382�C in five minutes under the same conditions, and if you heat non-stick cookware to 537.7�C, the coatings will break down into a chemical warfare agent known as PFIB, that is a chemical analog of the WWII nerve gas phosgene. So your best friend in the kitchen may actually be your family's worst health enemy.
Dr.VARINDER SINGH CHANDHOK
After sex some sticky white texture is coming out from my vagina and it will be on my husband penis. Why it like this? Any problem. Is there any problem to conceive because of this?
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
My periods are not regular. Recently I feel body swelling, feet swelling, face puffiness when I wake up in morning. Constant bloating. Is it common during perimenopause?
The lungs are made of tubes through, which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is a disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough: Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup: There is constant buildup of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity: As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath: The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing: Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
Rarely, Frequent respiratory infections, more frequent flu attacks, swelling of the feet and ankles, cardiovascular disease, weight loss, and morning headaches.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators: Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids: Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination: Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics: To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy: In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes: Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential.
Knowing that you have COPD is the first step towards managing COPD, which can be managed effectively.
I am 39 years old and I have no child all treatment we made also biopsy but results are I have only 10 percent sperm I this sperm are not been dileverd some blockges and I am not insufficient money from high medical treatment please advise me what to do to became a father?
I had unprotected sex and anal sex also in my g.f.2nd and 4th day of periods. What there is any chance of pregnancy. I want more satisfying answer.
Cardiac arrest is reported to be the number one cause of sudden death for people over the age of 40. As it strikes fast and without prior warning, it usually leaves no time for getting help to the patient. Many lives can be saved if the necessary first aid is given immediately by people who know what to do in case of a cardiac arrest.
So first let us know about the signs of a cardiac arrest:
- Loss of consciousness: A person may feel dizzy, sweat, faint or collapse suddenly. You can tell if someone has just fainted and not had a cardiac arrest if they are still breathing or have a pulse.
- No breathing
- No pulse
- Muscle twitching.
Now that you have recognized the signs; here is what you can do:
- Call the ambulance and try getting an emergency medical professional to attend to the person.
- If professional help isn't available, emergency resuscitation measures must begin. An automated external defibrillator (AED) can rapidly determine whether the person has an abnormal heart rhythm that can be treated by an electric shock (called defibrillation). AEDs are available in many public gathering places, such as stadiums and concert halls. An AED is used before calling for help and before attempting cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) because an AED is more likely to save lives. If the AED detects ventricular fibrillation, it provides an electrical shock (defibrillation) that can restore normal heart rhythm and start the heart beating again. Emergency medical care should be obtained even if the heart has started beating again. If a person remains in cardiac arrest after an AED is used, CPR should be done.
- If a person remains in cardiac arrest after an AED is used, other measures are begun, such as opening the airway and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- CPR combines artificial respiration (mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or rescue breathing) to supply oxygen to the lungs with chest compressions, which circulate oxygen to the brain and other vital organs by forcing blood out of the heart.
To do CPR (artificial respiration), the rescuer's mouth covers the person's mouth and then rescuer slowly exhales air into the person's lungs (rescue breaths). The person's airway must remain opened during artificial respiration. To prevent air from escaping from the person's nose, the person's nose can be pinched shut as the rescuer exhales into the mouth.
Talk to your doctor to find out if you are at risk of a cardiac arrest.
20 week pregnant now currently suffering severe cold and sneezing problem since last three days. What to do as antibiotics cud be harmful for baby As of only iron, calcium and folic acid supplements are taking.
I am 2 time pregnant just now I have completed 2 n half month I am taking the iron tablet plus calcium I will uncomfortable just my stomach remain tight n it feel heavy why this happen.
Are you planning a romantic dinner or lunch to celebrate a special occasion? Then don’t forget to incorporate some of the foods listed below for a perfect unforgettable evening. These foods are the ones that have made it to the list of top romantic foods.
- Chocolate: You can’t go wrong with chocolate and it would definitely be on the top of the list for top romantic foods. Chocolate contains a chemical known as phenylethylamine or PEA which is similar to and produces the same effects of amphetamine. Amphetamine is a chemical that is released in the brain, it produces the joyous or euphoric feeling. Chocolate is also a known aphrodisiac. Eaten as it is or as a fondue or used to cover strawberries, chocolate is perfect.
- Seafood: Seafood is simple and easy to cook and delicious to eat. Oysters are another known aphrodisiac, they are considered to be the symbol of passion.Oysters are rich in zinc and are considered to be great for boosting fertility. They also contain a high amount of amino acids that help in the production of sex hormones. Oysters are usually eaten raw straight from the shell with a dash of lemon juice. Remember these slippery mollusk is not to everyone’s liking or taste.
- Strawberries: Probably one of the oldest and most easily recognizable romantic food item is the small red strawberry. This healthy fruit is rich in vitamin C and helps to keep the blood flowing to all parts of the body. Delicious on its own or dipped in chocolate or whipped cream or part of a sumptuous dessert the strawberry is the perfect way to end a romantic meal.
- Bananas: Bananas contain the enzyme bromelain which helps to trigger and boost the levels of testosterone in men. The potassium and vitamin B present in this nutrient-dense fruit helps to boost energy levels. Potassium also helps in building muscle strength. This tasty fruit can be eaten as it is or added to a smoothie to keep you going.
- Chili Peppers: Surprising right, who would have thought that chili peppers would make it to the list of romantic foods. The vibrant red colour and the exotic connotations of this spice makes it a symbol of passion and love. Considered to be an aphrodisiac, chili peppers stimulate the feel-good chemicals in the brain known as endorphins. Chili peppers are sure to stimulate your nerves and get your heart rate speeding.
Plan your menu or look for recipes that are simple and easy to follow using the. Setting the mood is the first step for a memorable evening.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!