Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MonikaYour feedback matters!
If one has 7 hpt negative and 2 beta hcg test result as < 1 mIU/ml. And has got 2 normal periods after the I pill intake. The beta hcg was taken 1st on 42 days after unprotected sex and 2nd was taken on 63 days frm the incident. So what does it mean. Is there any chance of pregnancy or no pregnancy at all. N. It is completely ruled out?
I have missed my periods so i am confused whether i am pregnant or not ,i dont want unwanted pregnancy .Please suggest natural way to abort which should not effect future pregnancy
I want to increase the size of my penis.My sex partner and me also do not get satisfied while intercose.And i am not able to give more time while intercose. How can i solve my these problem suggest me?
My friend has psoriasis and diabetes type 1. I want to know what are the complications if we marry each other? Will it be a normal delivery? How serious is this disease? Where can I get her cured?
Alcohol is a major resource of erection problems. A number of people who are addicted on alcohol undergo from brewer`s droop which is a state of male limpness that unable people to get erection.
Apart from impairing your erection countless studies have shown that alcohol utilization is the major cause of risky sex which leads to catching infections and STDs. It is true that alcohol can impair judgment and this revenue that a lot of young people gaffe it as something that improve horniness but as is general knowledge you are less likely to enjoy alcohol induced sex as compared to sex while fully moderate.
Researchers have originate that too much alcohol affects in cooperation your brain and your penis. In a study conducted by University of Washington it was found that men who didn’t consume alcohol were able to achieve an erection more quickly than men who did. While some men were unable to have an erection altogether after consuming alcohol.
That`s because boozing before sex can lead to decreased flow to the penis and also reduces the intensity of your orgasm. It means that even if you are able to have sex after having alcohol you are unlikely to enjoy it as much.
I got married recently. Im nt getting my period it has 10 days delayed. We are not planning for baby so please suggest me the medicine.
I am 51 years old female. Details of my Histopathology Report is as below. Specimen: D & C SPECIMEN GROSS SPECIMEN: FEW TINY FRAGMENTS TOGETHER MEASURING 0.8 CM MICROSCOPY- SHOWS SECTION FROM ENDOMETRIAL TISSUE WITH ARCHITECTURAL ALTERATIONS IN GLANDS OF VARIOUS SIZES PRODUCING IRREGULARITY IN GLAND SHAPE WITH CYSTIC CHANGES. THE EPITHELIAL GROWTH PATTERN AND CYTOLOGY ARE SIMILAR TO PROLIFERATIVE ENDOMETRIUM. THE STORMA BETWEEN GLANDS IS MILDLY INCREASED. IMPRESSION: CONSISTENT WITH CYSTIC HYPERPLASIA ENDOMETRIUM. Doctor can you please advice me detail regarding above report. Also advice me the medicines to be taken.
Good day sir .my wife is prgency her last period was 9th jan 2017 we tested 15th Feb it was positive Dr. Said she is present. .we are in 120 km away from native now we are in work place hence we want to go her house it's safe? traveling is any danger this time? 4 month back her 1st prgency aborted this is 2nd time please help me. If she can travel by car slowly?
I am a 71 years old female who is suffering from 3rd degree uterovaginal descent and cystocele. The doctor has to perform a procedure on me tomorrow Vaginal Hysterectomy with cystocele repair and pelvic floor repair. The doctor has advised me of risks during the operation and post operation as infection, bleeding, injury to adjacent structures like bladder, bowel, blood vessel and Vault prolapse. I wanted to know what are the possibilities of me suffering any injury during the procedure of possibility a vault prolapse. Please advise urgently.
Maintaining proper vaginal hygiene is imperative to ward off any sort of STDor STI, even before any sort of irritation, infection or disease occurs. The normal vaginal pH balance helps cater to the growth of useful bacteria. Some useful tips to maintain proper vaginal hygiene can be:
Douching (spraying a mixture of water, baking soda, vinegar or iodine on the vaginal area) is strictly discouraged. It can interfere with the normal pH levels of the vagina and can make the area extremely acidic, which sets the stage for the growth of bacterial infections.
A balanced, healthy, nutritious diet is recommended for a healthy vagina as well as for good reproductive health. Certain fluids such as cranberry juice can help prevent the onset of any yeast infection.
Safe sex should be practised in order to keep harmful bacteria away. Using a condom during a sexual intercourse helps prevent the occurrence of any sort of STI or STD.
Gynaecological check-ups should be done every four months or so to be on the safe side regarding any doubts about unhealthy vagina. Prevention is always better than cure in the long run.
Petroleum jelly should not be used for lubrication during sexual intercourse as such fluids tend to damage the latex in the condom and may even lead to a possible infection.
Clothes should be chosen carefully to keep the vaginal area clean and dry. Cotton underwear is generally the best option in this regard as it can help prevent any bacterial infection by keeping the area clean and dry.
Certain simple sanitary habits such as changing of tampons or sanitary pads every four hour during one’s periods, proper washing of the genital area after relieving the bowels, can go a long way in nurturing the health of the vagina.
Opt for gentle skin care products to wash the vaginal area as that area is extremely sensitive. Avoid scrubbing the vaginal area as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
26 year old female. Had to go through DandC on 25th dec 2015. Did not get periods until 21st feb 2016 after that. And now, it is not stopping even after medication. My physician prescribed me Regestrone for 10 Days but it got irregular between work n chores. But 26th feb, she changed meds and gave me trenaxa, Revici and MeftalSpas for the abdominal pains. A visit again on 28th, continue wd Revici 500mg, plus started me on overall for 21 days. M confused as to why is not the medicine working. Please help.
Dear Sir/ Mam, please give me your valuable advice and correct idea to deal with my problem as I am very much tense. I had my marriage in dec 2014 and conceived in jan 2015 and had miscarriage in March 2015, And after that I tried but no success. Later I shown to doctor in jan 2016 and had HSG in feb which show that both tube is blocked at corneal end (one is completely blocked and other is partially blocked. Dnt knw wht to do further as I want to conceive and want to have child. So please help. So that I can get successfully pregnant.
In case the fertility odds are against your favour, you can undergo a procedure called IVF or in vitro fertilisation. It is a form of fertility treatment in which the sperms and eggs are combined in a laboratory. IVF is a very common fertility treatment procedure, involving modern technology. It is carried out by many women and couples worldwide. When you are facing ovulation problems and issues with the quality of eggs, have blocked fallopian tubes or if your male partner has a low sperm count, a sperm donor’s eggs are used via IVF to become pregnant.
The overall process of IVF involves several methods and steps:
- Ovarian stimulation: You will have to take a fertility drug called gonadotrophin eight to fourteen days before the beginning of your menstrual cycle. This will help to stimulate your ovaries for the development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilisation. You will also be given synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide.
- Development of follicle: You should be visiting your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a check-up of your blood hormone levels. Your ovaries will also be measured using ultrasound. This will allow the doctor to monitor the follicle development.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection when the follicles are prepared. This injection leads to full maturation of the eggs, making them ready for fertilisation. The eggs require a period of 36 hours for retrieval after receiving the trigger shot.
- Gathering of the eggs: An anesthetic will be given to you and an ultrasound probe will be inserted via your vagina for observation of the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle will be inserted through the vaginal wall with which the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilisation: The eggs will be observed one final time before being combined with your partner’s sperm. Then they will be incubated overnight. Fertilisation occurs during this period and the abnormal eggs do not get fertilised. Three days after the egg retrieval, some of the successfully fertilised eggs transform into embryos composed of six to ten cells. Within five days, some of these embryos turn into blastocysts composed of fluid-filled cavities and tissue. This separates into the baby and the placenta. The most viable embryos are placed in your uterus. One to five embryos are placed in your uterus by the insertion of a catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants itself to the uterus walls. Gradually, it develops into the baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher when there are multiple embryos.
Before thinking of undergoing IVF, you must consult a doctor to know about the entire process. You also need to know whether you are fit to undergo IVF as there are several criteria you should satisfy for IVF.
My girlfriend and me had sex on 19th april. After sex she took ipill. But in this month her period delaying still today. I took pregnancy stripe to test her pregnancy. And it was negative. Why her period is getting late? what should we do now. She took ipill first time during this year.
I am married and have 15 month boy. Me and my partner will planned second baby after 3 years. What should we do for did not pregnant. Last 8 month I use condom is any harmful for my partner. Temporary family planning details pls Thankyou.
She is in problem. Actually she got married 1week ago. and at first time when she intimate with her husband she didn't get bleeding. Is it OK. Her in laws thought that she had some problem.
I am not getting my periods on time and I am becoming fat also I dnt have thyroid problem my ovaries are little bit bigger in size so plzz tell me some medicine and some home remedies and guide me what diet should I eat.
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- They should have oranges and its juice as much as possible. It is rich in Vitamin C and folic acid. It also contains potassium which lowers one’s blood pressure, which might be one of the key concerns during pregnancy. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.