Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mohit LatharYour feedback matters!
There is hardly any individual across the world, who has not experienced abdominal pain. In most instances, these aches are not very serious and can be diagnosed and treated by addressing the underlying condition. It is very crucial to recognize the symptoms which are severe and know when an individual should seek medical assistance.
Most common causes of abdominal pain:
Some of the most common causes of abdominal pain include indigestion, infection, menstrual cramps. It may also be due to food poisoning and allergies, irritable bowel syndrome, gas formation and bloating, lactose intolerance, pelvic inflammatory disease or ulcers and hernia, gallstones and kidney stones, urinary tract infection, Crohn’s Disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Some patients have abdominal pain but the source of pain lies in the spine. These patients are often seen by multiple doctors and have undergone many tests but their diagnosis is never established. These patients should visit a pain specialist to reach a diagnosis and treatment plan. They have conditions like neuropathies or facet joint arthritis which cause abdominal pain due to a condition known as referred pain.
Symptoms of abdominal pain that are cause for concern:
- Abdominal pain along with any sign of dehydration or fever or is unable to pass stools.
- Abdominal pain associated with tenderness in the abdomen, painful and frequent urinations or persistent loose motions or bloody/ tarry stools.
- Severe or recurrent abdominal pain.
Determining the cause of abdominal pain and treating it.
- Detailed medical history and thorough physical examination would be performed. Further tests like USG, Endoscopy etc may be needed to reach a diagnosis.
- The treatment of abdominal pain is entirely dependent on the cause of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.