Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Miraj Akhtar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Miraj AkhtarYour feedback matters!
Hi I m having left knee pain since over a week may b I sprain while asleep please help unable to sleep or stand r walk. Its suddenly pulling me down.
I am masturbation addiction, I do masturbation once a everyday. It is so good to masturbate once per day? My problem are:- 1. Hair loss 2. Back pain 3. Laziness.
I am 26 years old and have some heaviness feeling in my knees occasionally. I am not a runner. Have sitting job.
Arthritis is painful inflammation of the joints caused by excessive amounts of uric acid in the blood. This causes friction in the joints and may cause inflammation among muscle tissues. This is a very painful condition and may even be debilitating for many people. One of the methods used to provide relief from arthritis pain is the hot and cold therapy. Let’s have a look at it in detail.
How does hot and cold treatment work’s?
The hot and cold treatments work on various joints or muscle areas and are very effective in lowering pain as well as providing more mobility to the affected areas. Both these therapies try to enable the healing forces within the body and hence improve on the conditions which cause arthritis pain.
Heat treatment therapy: Heat therapy uses the principle of the expansion of material when warmer. If heat is applied to an affected area, it dilates the blood vessels, improves and stimulates blood circulation and also reduces muscle spasms. Heat treatments are very effective in soothing stiff joints and tired muscles as they encourage the flow of blood to the areas being treated. Some of the options available for heat treatments would be:
1. Heats patches that are disposable
2. Heating belts made for specific parts of the body
3. Moist heating pads
4. Simple hot water in a tub
5. Paraffin wax and Mineral oil
6. Hot oil massages
7. Warms showers or baths
8. Warmed towels or clothes used as a hot compress
Cold treatment therapy: Cold uses the very opposite principle of heat therapy to provide pain relief to arthritis patients. Cold has the properties of being able to constrict blood vessels and slow the flow of blood, thus resulting in numbing the area and reducing pain. Cold treatment is also very effective in reducing swelling as it can fight inflammation very effectively. It is mostly useful in cases of acute and chronic pain and is a very good pain reliever. Some of the options available for cold treatments would be:
1. Cold compress by using ice in a waterproof bag with a towel covering it to protect the skin.
2. Buying a medically manufactured ice pack or bag
3. Buying ice gel packs from the medical store which can be frozen and then used
4. Making ice packs at home by mixing water with rubbing alcohol and then freezing it
5. Taking ice bath by pouring ice into the bath tub. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 34 year old and from past 4 months I am getting Gout attack every month and since my last gout attack the bulge ness occurred on my right leg toe is not going and it pains while walking its almost a month over. As prescribed my doctor I am taking Allopurinol 100mg daily along with homeopathy medicine 1. Causticum 30.2. Urtica urens q. But even this has not benefited in any manner. Is there any other medicine which can help to remove this Uric Acid deposition immediately.
I am diabetic suffering from jointpains, coccyx (tail bone) &lower back pain I have problems when climb upstairs also gettingup from the floor: age 40 year & weight 90kg 5' 4 height also I taking psychiatric prescriptions: depakote500&quitipine100, activan2mg.
Runner's knee or patellofemoral syndrome (pfs) is something many fitness enthusiasts encounter after running for a year or for several months. It is considered as a common phenomenon among regular joggers expecially who run on tough or uneven surfaces. To overcome this uneasiness few simple things can be practised, they are
1. Strengthening on hip and knee muscles like push ups crunches would make hips active and gives the required shape. And in case of hiatus from running, trying with hands at things like weight lifting is recommended.
2. Doing quadriceps exercise like quad stretch kneeling quad stretch for 30 seconds makes the joints strong.
4. Getting a new pair of shoes is the essential thing for a runner apart from posture. And it is recommended to replace it every 500 miles or six months to have flawless jogging session