Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi DuaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years female, 3 months pregnant. I did an ultrasound a month before. Everything is normal apart from occasional pain in my abdomen and tightening of stomach. Doctor suggested me to take Vomilast to stop vomiting sensation and Macfolate for vitamin boost. I have not got time to visit doctor from last 15 days but have continued the medication. Shall I continue or change the medication or else If you could suggest some better medicines.
It's here! summer! a time for picnics, swimming, beaches and lots of sunshine. So what can you do to make sure that you have a healthier summer? Ayurveda recognizes that the patterns found in nature can also be found within our bodies. We are constantly interacting with nature and as the seasons change so do our bodies. That means what you were doing in the winter and spring, may not be what your body need in the summer.
To understand what happens to your body during the summertime, you must first understand the characteristics of the pitta dosha, which is the dominant ayurvedic dosha (please read vata- pitta -kapha the three bio-energies notes from our page) in the summer. Pitta is the dosha responsible for transformation and is associated with our digestion, assimilation, and metabolism. And just like the sun, pitta radiates lots of heat and energy. The heat is associated with a good healthy metabolism and a good appetite. But when it goes out of balance pitta people tend to get overheated. This can make you feel easily irritated and angered as well as make you vulnerable to inflammatory conditions, food allergies, and skin rashes, especially with too much sun exposure.
The pitta dosha has specific qualities such as hot, oily, sharp, spreading and liquid. These qualities are manifested as specific physical characteristics in pitta individuals who are in balance. Hot represents a strong, healthy appetite. Oil can be seen as soft, supple skin. Sharpness manifests as a strong intellect and an active mind that is able to solve problems and stay organized. Spreading can be seen as the desire to create and be involved in many projects, which is why pitta people are often popular with others. Liquid is an aspect of pitta which allows for easy transportation, and that is why pitta individuals often tend to sweat easily and have multiple bowel movements a day.
So how does this tie into summer balance? summer is usually the hottest time of the year with the sun being the closest to the earth. This increases the pitta within us all. But if your pitta was already out of balance, you will have tendency to have more health problems during the summer. The first signs of excess pitta that I typically notice in myself are more irritability and greater skin sensitivity to the sun. In the summer time, pitta individuals may start becoming more aggressive, break out in rashes, have worsening heartburn or stomach pain, catch a 'summer' cold, suffer from worsening allergies, get heat stroke, and get more headaches as the weather gets warmer. But just because you have too much pitta doesn't mean you can't enjoy the summer. You just need to take some healthy precautions to prevent your pitta from getting out of balance
The key to keeping pitta balanced in the summer is easy - just chill out! here are few easy ways to keep your pitta nice and cool.
1. Spend less time in the sun. Avoid doing hard work during the hours between 10 am and 3 pm, which is when the sun is the hottest. When you go outdoors, keep your head covered and drink lots of fluids.
2. Avoid hot foods, spicy and fermented oil. Diet is the most powerful way to keep pitta cool. During the summer avoid foods that increase the heat in your body such as chilies, vinegar, oily foods, fried foods, fermented foods, salt, cheese and sour foods. In place of these items, eat foods that have a cooling effect on your body such as sweet, watery fruits like melons and mangoes and green leafy vegetables.
3. Try rose-petal preserves. They're a wonderful, tasty treat that will help you cool down your heart and mind. You can spread them on bread or just eat them straight.
4. Get a coconut-oil massage. It'll help to draw out excess heat from your body. Just rub coconut oil over your body and let it absorb for 5 minutes before your shower. You can also rub it on your feet at night especially if your feet start to burn at bedtime.
5. Have some fun! pitta individuals can sometimes get too serious and caught up in their head. Do your best to balance hard work with some relaxation time with family and friends.
6. Go for a swim. Swimming is the best exercise in the summer. The cool water balances out the excess heat inside your body.
7. Make my favorite summer drink! try freshly squeezed watermelon and cucumber juice with a hint of rose water.
8. Yoga - do sheetli or sheetkari pranayam and this wil have a cooling effect on the body.
9. Topical remedies for soothe sunburn -
- Apply aloe vera cream. Or if you have access to an aloe vera plant lightly rub a piece o the plant (after cutting it, open and taking out gel) on the sun burn area.
- Coconut oil is effective for soothing the sun burn skin.
- Apply tikta ghrita topically.
- Take gauze pad dip into cool cow milk and apply it directly to the sun burn area. If you have no milk available, use a cloth and dip in cool water, but milk is better.
- Pulverize some lettuce and apply the pulp directly on the sun burn area.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and turmeric by mixing equal amount of these herbs with a little cool water. Apply gently to the sunburn area it will have a cooling effect.
You have a great opportunity to be in harmony with nature by learning to balance your lifestyle, diet and activities with each season. This helps you to understand yourself better year round and keep you feeling great all the time.
Have a great summer!
1. Know the friends or people who tend to wear you out, and deliberately limit the time you spend with them.
2. Be aware of how your thought patterns change throughout the day, and challenge these thought patterns when they’re harsh or negative.
3. Recognise that it is normal to struggle with your feelings, and feelings can be fickle – so don’t let them rule your life.
4. Set some personal goals that use your talents and your gifts. It’s good to stretch ourselves, and to be all that we can be.
5. Be gentle with yourself when you are anxious, tired and stressed. Be kind, and understanding – and give yourself a break.
6. Self-nurturing is crucial for a healthy self esteem. You need to treat yourself as you would treat a special friend.
7. Remember: we ALL fail. It’s just normal part of life. What matters is you’re learning and you’re changing over time.
Hi i am 24 years old .not married. No sexual contact. But I didn't get period past 3 months. Can I know what's the reason for missing period.
Sir my younger sister is of 18 years old and she is been committed for around 3years and 3 months so she wanna have physical relation with her guys so can she hav e it safely without any one knowing bcoz people usually say that when you have it for the first tym den you can not walk for 2-3 days and suddenly the shape of your body changes.
2. Bathing before sunrise reduces mucus related problems (stick yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3. Maintain a proper weight.
4. Female between 5' to 5.5' should ideally weigh minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs.
5. Male between 5' to 510, in 60 kgs max 75 kgs roughly.
6. Intake daily 3-5 litres of water.
7. Freehand exercise for 30 minutes daily in the morning helps to get more oxygen in the blood.
8. Avoid oily food. Take only fruit juice or white sweets.
9. Take nutritious balance diet.
10. Prepare popcorn at home and do breakfast with it. Be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
11. Do pranayam daily.
12. Eat slight less than your normal diet.
While check my wife got ruptured 3 eggs one time for 9 mm size, I want know if more than one egg ruptured by one time what will happen and after rupturing egg how many day we have to do sex for get pregnant?
Sleep is an important part of our biological cycle and disruption to a good night's sleep especially after working in night shifts may affect women's brains more than men's say researchers. The findings revealed that the circadian effects the 24 hours biological cycle on brain performance was significantly stronger in women than in men such that women were more cognitively impaired after the end of doing night shifts
I have sex with my boyfriend. After 4 day I got yeast infection in my vagina. I took fluconazole 150 mg tablet. Infection was gone. But im in fear I miss my period. Last month period is on 18th. Before month it is 15th. Now it's 22nd no sign of period. Am I pregnant. It's been 2 week 4 days v have sex. I don't want to be pregnant now. Doctor I'm I pregnant. My belly is not felt it increases nd period missed making me fear. Kindly help me please.
Her test of thyroid come normal which is 0.95 value of tsh on first July 2016. It was 150 before the three months on first April 2016. Now I cross check her and that also come normal the value of second time is 1.05 tsh value. She is taking throx 75 and before this she was taking throx 100 for this. Now unfortunately she is not getting pregnant it's ninth month of marriage. What is wrong with this matter with her. Thanks a lot to you.
Intercourse was done for about 5 days including today without any protection and the semen had been intake. I have an irregular period as well and there was a sudden flow of blood yesterday night. What could be the reason. It wasn't my period I guess because after that bleeding stopped. What's the reason for bleeding and is there chances of getting pregnant. I get white discharge from inside and I guess it's the semen. If I could get pregnant when will I be able to find out. What's the accurate way and what's the reason for bleeding.
I'm pregnant now. I have irritation on my stomach. What oil I can use to reduce itchiness and marks formation.
I am 25 years old female and I did not get my periods for last 1 month. I have checked in UPT it's shows positive. I consulted doctor she gave me abortion pills. 1 tablet I took on Wednesday by 7 pm and she told me to take another 4 pills today by 1 pm. But now I can't take in emergency I am going native. Should I take this pills today night or tomorrow morning. Please help me doctor.
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Which is better days to intercourse for conceive? And how many times make intercourse per day for conceive? Because I make intercourse one time alone, pl clarify.
My periods is 10th I took pregnancy test on 11th and I got the result positive. Should I be careful. Is it possible to get the result positive even after one day of missed periods?
While india is racing towards the no 1 country having the most number of diabetic patients, though the knowledge regarding the general guidelines about diabetes care, or dos and dont's to follow is lacking on a very large scale patients and that includes the most literate persons also.
There are a few things that matters the most which are as follows:
1) diet: most patients are in knowledge that the diet should be restricted in sweets. But rarely anybody knows that only restriction of food that taste sweet will not do the needed.
The food high in carbohydrates also must be included in the list as carbohydrates are the first line source of the body's energy store to convert them in to sugar.
E. G. Rice, potatos, bananas, or over ripen fruits.
And advice is to take them in minimum quantity instead of completely banning them.
Again how to eat? the advise is to divide your large meals in to smaller meals at the interval of 3-4 hours. Avoid eating too much at a time. Diabetes patients also should not indulge in fasting too much.
2) exercise: now many knows that diabetes is having two types: insulin dependent and insulin independent.
In the first type there is actual lack of effective circulating insulin, while the second types does have most of the time considerable amount of insulin to be used but the effectiveness is reduced. Because of the increased amount of fat deposition around cells. In that case doing prescribed exercise will not only help build the general health but by reducing the fat layer around the cells it helps the insulin to reach its effector cells and do its functions normally. Thats why exercise is one of the crucial key points in the diabetic regime.
3) regular investigation: this a very major dilema in many patients that I have observed throughout my practice. Many of the patients don't go for investigation in the fear that what if the blood sugar level comes abnormal. At that point I could remember a saying" if a cat drinks milk with the eyes closed, it doesn't mean that world does not see it.
If its already abnormal then by going for the investigation will make you aware and you can take proper preventive steps to by pass any complications that might have fall upon you.
So advise isto go for the regular blood sugar checkup at least once every two months for those whose levels remains under the normal range and often if it is uncontrolled.
And one should also think of investigated for hba1c every 3-4 months as it will give general idea of the glycemic control.
4) general prevention of complication and specific cares:
By following the above mentioned points you could easily prevent the major complications. But there are also some specific cares you should not ingnore:
Like get examined for any underlying heart condition, or opthalmic conditions, or the like, or kidney problems, or neurological involvement.
Out of these one that I care the most and patients ingnore the most is foot care:&nbsp;
Why is this important: as our feet not being a vital organ we usually ignore but it can be a reason for a very major complication and even can be fatal.
Because of diabetes there are very chances that any injury will not heal at a normal pace and if not taken a due care then it can turn into gangrene. Which we all know that leads to amputation and life long being a handicap.&nbsp;
Because of poor supply and other vascular degeneration it can cause deep vein thrombosis means the veins in you leg gets obstructed by clotts and if such clott dislodges from there and gets in to the circulation then whenever it gets deposited it causes a grave complication like myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke (paralysis), or other organs can also get affected.
These were some important topics that I thought the general population should know so that they can educate themselves and minimize their emergency visits to the doctors.
Being a homeopath I cannot restrain myself to propogate homeopathy because it is as a true notion that a harmless and gentle treatment, less costly than any other mode of treatment (directly or indirectly), very easy to follow (just few white sugar pills and drops of medicines), prevents the above mentioned complications, and not only that also improves the general health.
There are some homeopathic medicines well proved to be very effective and unquestionable positive effects:
E. G:- syzigium jambolanum, cephalendra, abroma augusta, uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid etc.
Note: above mentioned medicines are very useful and anybody can try but the advise is to consult the specialist as the doses and the repititions needs to be regulated case specifically.