Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi DuaYour feedback matters!
We are planning for a pregnancy My wife is having hbseg positive Dr. advised to take dna hbv quantitative test and the result is in 12918300 ul/ml this is normal range load or it is a high load. Please advise if its high it is risk for mother and child pls advise.
Sir I am having a breast lump, outer quadrant n painless. Oval shaped encapsulated hypoechoic lesion of size -17.8 *12 mm noted at 10 O'clock position of right breast - fibroadenoma. Glucose (random) 81.0 .biological reference intervals <200 mg/dl. Thyroid hormone assay - TSH (3rd generation) 2.29.biological reference intervals 0.39-5.55μIU/ml. Doctor wat does ths suggest. please reply.
When a girl can be pregnant while unprotected sex? And when it is totally safe naturally to have unprotected sex?
What is premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? In a layman's language, it is that time of the month you don't really want to unnecessarily bother a woman or you might have to face the brunt of an emotional outburst. In medical terms, it is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological changes that occur in a woman after ovulation and culminates with the ending of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings.
The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, and appetite changes with food cravings. In severe cases, anger, irritability, anxiety and tension leads to loss of the functioning ability of a woman. If you've been there or are suffering, you are not alone. There are scores of women around the world who experience these symptoms. Here are ways to minimize and get rid of PMS.
1. Control PMS with diet changes: Certain food types in general are not a healthy choice but can cause more harm than good during PMS. Depending on what factor affects you the most, cut down on these types of food.
- Salt: Excess salt can lead to bloating
- Caffeine: Can lead to anxiety, sleeplessness and irritability
- Alcohol: The concoction for depression
- Sugar: Can cause mood swings
As always, eating more fruits, veggies and grains at the right time can keep you healthy and prepared for those dreaded days.
2. Exercise: Exercise is a mood lifter. It gets you into shape, adds to your stamina and slowly but steadily boosts your confidence to become slimmer, stronger, and fitter. The trick is to pick up on an exercise you love. Hit the road and run free with your thoughts or turn on the music and dance with aerobics.
3. Stock up on vitamins: Hormonal imbalances are the primary cause behind PMS. Though it is not proven, stocking up on some essential vitamins like calcium, potassium and minerals can give you more strength to fight the symptoms.
4. Herbal remedies: They've been around for hundreds of years and you are likely to have an aunt or grandma swear by one of these cures. From ginger to primrose oil, these cures can balance your hormonal activity in a natural way. You will need to experiment to see what really suits your need.
5. Take a break: No matter what physical or emotional trauma you go through, it can double up because of stress and lack of sleep. Knowing your 'off' days, it's best you find a way to take some time off for yourself at a spa or try meditation and deep breathing. Do what you love to do to. Keep your mind calm and clear. Listen to music, take a walk with your dog or simply read a good book.
To start with, change your diet, take a few supplements and herbs, and start exercising, and you should see the change in the first few cycles itself.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With Pms"
Hai doctor can I take metformin and Normoz tablet together. I have one baby ,she is turning to 5.After that I had three abortions. I started Normoz and that is the time I got pregnant on last time. But it is ended up with miscarriage. Did all the investigations but no reason .So now doctor is telling implantation failure is the reason. I completed one dose of intralipid infusion also. Finish with ovulation induction ,used clomid ,menogone and overall. But did not get pregnant ,i started my period on 24 /11/16. So my question is I am already on metformin 500 mg bd, so can I take Normoz also together with this. Please give me a suggestion.
Mujhe lagta hai ki mera time period ab pehle se kam ho gaya hai or mai jaldi free hone lagta hu is bat se mujhe boht tnsn hone lagi hai phle esi problem kbhi nahi hui but last 4-5 bar se mai ye feel kar raha hu.
I am 2 weeks pregnant and I want to abort it please prescribe me with medicines and the dosage. Thanks.
I am 46 Year Old Male. I have small ill-defined, iso-hypoechoic area in right lobe of lever. Same thing was detected three years back also. I have no problem/pain and is normal healthy. My LFT report is also normal. What could be the reason for this, and what is treatment.
Hi, I am 34 years old. I tried conceiving for many times but either I met with miscarriage or abortion. Can you help to know the cause.
Drink water instead of sugary drinks and let thirst be your guide. A healthy body can balance water needs throughout the day.
Drink plenty of water if you are active, live or work in hot conditions, or are an older adult.
I had unprotected sex with my partner and gave her pill very next morning. This happened 9 days ago. Today she bleed a bit. Is there anything we need to worry about. Please suggest some ideas.
The passing of urine has very important functions in your body as it clears out many of the toxins filtered by the kidneys. Urine primarily contains urea and uric acid, which are the results of the toxins being flushed out of the body. Urine color can be a good indicator of either what is in your system and in certain cases what may be wrong in your system.
Urine color and what it signifies:
Normal urine doesn't have a single color as it varies from clear to pale yellowish. There are certain foods, which may also leave a tinge of color, such as red or green in you urine. However, there are certain conditions, which can result in the same. Let's looks at some examples of these situations.
- Orange: Certain medications tends to have a side effect of making your urine of an orange colour. Medications, which have high doses of vitamin B2, the drug phenazopyridine and other such medicines are used to treat urinary tract infections. Moreover, certain antibiotics are known to have side effects of changing the urine color into a citrus drink like color. However, it could also mean problems with your liver or bile duct and you should consult a doctor in such cases.
- Red or Pink Urine: Phenazopyridine also causes red or pink urine in certain individuals. However, the major cause for urine of this hue is due to certain foods, such as beets, blackberries, rhubarbs, carrots and others. However, in the absence of such foods and medication, it could mean blood in your urine, urinary tract infections, tumors or even prostate problems.
- Blue or green: Certain conditions within the body are known to cause blue or green hues in urine. If you are having blue or green urine consistently then it is advisable to go to your doctor to get it checked out. Some medications, such as propofol or promethazine can also have the side effect of turning pee blue or green. However, in most cases it is the harmless food dye, which is filtered out of your system.
- Cola colored or dark brown urine: Although this can also be caused by certain medications or foods, it could be a marker for kidney disorders or internal injuries. It is advised that you go to your doctor urgently to get it checked.
- Dark yellow to amber or honey colored: This is the classic sign that your body is quite dehydrated and you need to drink more water. Dehydration may lead to more serious problems and thus this shouldn't be ignored and must be taken care of urgently.
Hi Sir/Madam, My last period date was 16th december 2016. I had sex with my husband on 8th January 2017. Till now I did not get my periods. I am I pregnant? Thanks.
Sir/Madam, My girlfriends period was started 26th August & Finished 1st October. We make intercourse on 3rd October without protection, But this month her period till now not start. Which should be start on 26th October. Her period was come regular monthly cycle before this. What Should I do? Please answer me as soon as possible. I'm very tensed. Please advise me quickly. Today is 30th October.
Is there any problem while during sex if having tight fore skin? If having problem of it please give some precaution of it.
The best ways to avoid getting an STD are to abstain from any sexual contact and be in a monogamous, long-term relationship with an uninfected partner. To reduce the odds of getting STDs:
Ask your partner if he or she has an STD.
Ask partners to be tested before sexual activity.
Avoid sexual activity if your partner has signs of an STD.
Be aware of symptoms and get regular checkups with your health care provider.