Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MedhanYour feedback matters!
From past 2 months, as soon I woke up, my eyes are swelled not that much but they are and whole day face looks like, I just woke up, I go to office after bath daily and still, skin looks dull and my friends says- are you just woke up or haven't slept? even though I am taking much sleep as well, please recommend.
The are under my eyes is getting thinner im just 18. What can be reasons. please help. I get proper sleep too. If genetic ,can dark circles and sunken eyes be treated what would be the cost.
Every day I feel mentally weak/stressed due to difficulty in focus, leg weakness/ disbalance. My left eye is very weak and power can not improved with specs. Please advice actually what problem to me Thanks.
Im 19 years old and I recently moved to bangalore on my own and I started smoking excessively and wasn't eating properly so I lost alot of weight which caused my eyes to sink in ive tried everything I'm also eating properly and using himalaya under eye cream. How do I treat sunken eyes?
I am 21 year old. My eyes are not working properly. I use spectacles which no. Is increasing day by day. How can I stop it?
I am 61 years old. My promblem is my right optic nerver is damaged. I had seveer headache, vommiting and right neck pain and giddiness. I have taken lot of treatment from nero surgeron. Main promblem is imbalance standing and walking'
I am 48 year old female. I have a growth of a small less than a mustard seed on my eye lid. It's not going. .is it dangerous?
I have red eyes for last 2 days what should I do I m feeling very uncomfortable while working in front of system.
When I went outside my eyes starts burning and irritation occurs because of sunlight even I don't have any kind of power glasses.
I am going through with regular left side headache n I have done everything mri, egg and blood test, eye test everything n even I have taken medicines for 3 months still the headache is in left side now I get know this that my eyes muscles has gone weak so please suggest what should I do n through which exercise I can improve my eyes muscles.
I am 24 years old girl. Doing job in late night shifts till 2: 30 am. My eye side is weak, wear specs of -2 in left and -1.75 in right eye. Usually, have headache most of the time feels like haziness, headache remains even after sleeping.
Symptoms and treatment of dry eyes I work on computer all day nw my eyes get red n dry please tell any nice eye drop.
I am 28 years old from last one week, I am feeling burning in stomach and my eyes paining with headache. Kindly help me overcome this problem.
Hi doctor. I have lazy eye. 1 eye works normal but the other cannot see properly. It can detect colors and shapes but not clearly . Can't read things. Is an eye transplantation or any other way to get proper eye sight in that lazy eye? please help.
Hello madam/sir I have a short eye sight of -0.75 for left eye and -1 for right eye. Can I decrease my eye sight by some simple techniques or is there any cure for it? Suggest me sir/madam. Please.
My eyes some times getting red and some times disturbance with my eyes. What I am doing for Clear and clean eye. How clean my inmy home. Give me suggestions and precautions.
I have red eyes over 5 days! What should I do to get rid of it. I tried refresh tears, it didn't work.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.