Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I am 40 years and suddenly my eyes started blurring and after diagonise my eyes was drying please let me know the reason for eyes drying ?
Is laser surgery is helpful for my father? He have 3-4 calculi in the right kidney. The approx size is 8.5mm.
Sir my one eye has been swollen suddenly. I haven't gone through any insect bite or anything. What should I do Sir. Please suggest me what to do or any medicine.
I am preparing for NEET, due to constant studies my eyes n head pains many a times a day, there is no visnory defect, I can clearly see everything whether it is nearer or further, it gives me some relief by splashing of water but for more consistent effect wht should I do? Thank you.
Recently I visited an eye care hospital and the Dr prescribed me HFA, Pachymetry and Color photo tests. Dr. Says that result is ok, but i have to undergo another test of OCT.RNFL BE. What is your opinion?
I am 25 years old my specs number are 3.5 in bth the eyes I want to reduced that plzz help me how to reduce that?
Good morning doctor. I am 33 years male. I feel so sleepy and lazy all the day and night. I can't concentrate my official work at office, I suddenly got closed my eyes and found myself slept. I go to bed at about 9 to 10 Pm but unable arise early in the morning. BP is 75/110 and pulse rate is normal. It is first time in my life that I can't leave my bed at time. please help me.
1) Im 17 year old boy having exophoria upto 5-6 prims in both eyes. Is this common? 2) is there any chance that in future my eyes undergo intermittent exotropia? 3) how can I fix my exophoria? Im little upset.
My girlfriend's under eyes are getting darker by time. Can you please suggest me some ideas to get rid of this?
I cannot see straight by my right doctor say that its HV one mthd by doing a simple surgery so I want to how much money it can be.
I can't sleep at night though I tried to sleep and now my eyes turn into red and started paining too. Can you please suggest me some medicines for my eyes and about my sleep problem. Thank you.
I have red eyes for last 1 month. What should I do to get off rid this problem? Please consult me as soon as possible.
Eye surgeries have evolved a long way. Starting from the most basic of eye surgeries, technological advancement has evolved a number of modern eye surgery techniques. LASIK is the latest trend in eye surgery and is the most common type of eye surgery in the modern day.
LASIK or Lasik (laser assisted situ keratomileusis), is a laser eye surgery or laser vision revision. It is a kind of refractive surgery for the rectification of nearsightedness, hyperopia, and astigmatism. The LASIK surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist who utilizes a laser or microkeratome to reshape the eye's cornea with a specific end goal to enhance visual acuity. For most patients, LASIK gives a lasting contrasting option to eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Carrying out a LASIK surgery:
- To begin with, your eye specialist utilizes either a mechanical surgical apparatus called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to make a slender, round "fold" in the cornea.
- The specialist then creases back the pivoted fold to get to the fundamental cornea (called the stroma) and expels some corneal tissue utilizing an excimer laser.
- For partially blind individuals, the objective is to smooth the cornea; with farsighted individuals, a more extreme cornea is fancied.
- Excimer lasers additionally can redress astigmatism by smoothing an unpredictable cornea into a more typical shape. It is a misguided judgment that LASIK can't treat astigmatism.
- Laser eye surgery requires just topical soporific drops, and no wraps or fastens are required.
- After your LASIK surgery is completed, you will be given some rest. You may feel a makeshift smoldering or tingling sensation promptly after the surgery is completed. After some post-surgical examinations, you are ready to go home. Abstain from driving by yourself.
- Immediately after the surgery, you may experience blurred vision or hazy vision. It will subside with a little time.
- You must keep away from any kind of activity that causes strain to the eyes after the surgery. Avoid watching television or reading.
Results of LASIK surgery:
- Laser eye surgery offers various advantages and can significantly enhance your personal satisfaction. A great many people accomplish 20/20 vision or better after the surgery. However, LASIK results do fluctuate from people to people.
- You will have to continue wearing your contact lenses or spectacles. The power will be much less after the surgery.
Side-effects: While this surgery strategy provides effective results, LASIK complications can happen and may incorporate diseases such as night glare, and you may experience starbursts or radiances, especially while driving.
LASIK surgery is one of the most carried eye surgeries nowadays and gives satisfactory results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist and ask a free question.