Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManikaYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr, I am continuously feeling itchy in my areola. I am facing this problem since 3 years that is after my marriage. My husband loves nipple sucking and during this time I am not giving him to do so as its paining a lot. Even my hand touches the nipple or the areola it pains a lot. Please suggest some ointment or treatment for the same. I have used nip-care, surfaz and now my Dr. prescribed me fusiderm-B. Please help me from this problem, as I am suffering from this for this reason only I am not planning for baby because if this continuous then how can I breastfeed my baby. Waiting for positive and helpful reply.
I am trying for pregnancy from 2 years but not done. We done all lab tests including HSG, of both husband and wife, but there is no problem at all.
I had caesarean on June 1 and bleeding was occurred up to July 1 and on July 20 bleeding is again comes is it normal or abnormal and also back ache is coming.
I had protected sex on January 27 and 31 2018. Still I in took emergency contraceptive. My normal menstrual cycle starts regularly on 10/11 the of every month. I got my period on 11 the February 2018 as on schedule. But that was somehow low in quantity. I again had unprotected sex on 24th February of this month and after got just a sign of bleeding once. I took emergency contraceptive in between 24 hours. Now what should I do? Is there any thing to worry or chance of pregnancy? Because it was the ovulation day as per schedule.
I want to delay my period till 13th of next month which due on 3rd of next month with norlut-n, what is the ideal dosage do procure the desired results also when should I start taking it?
When female sex hormones such as Estrogen and Progesterone are out of balance and male hormone levels such as androgen are elevated within the body, it might lead to PCOD or polycystic ovarian disorder. This may cause the enlargement of the ovaries and numerous cysts to grow on the outer wall of the ovary. These growths can result in painful periods, infertility and several other symptoms because of the abnormalities in the body.
Most common symptoms of PCOS include:
1. Irregular and painful periods
2. Growth of facial and body hair also known as hirsutism (areas such as the face, fingers, toes)
3. Development of acne all over the body including the face
4. Sudden weight gain
5. Mood swings such as anxiety and depression
6. Thinning of hair
7. Pain in the pelvic area
Some of the other less common symptoms of PCOD are darkening of the skin, especially in the creases of the body such as the groin, neck, the area underneath the breasts and sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. Many women diagnosed with PCOD can have children without medical infertility treatment, although many other women tend to have fertility problems.
A few underlying factors have been noticed to be common in most cases. Some of these common factors that have been noticed are:
- Insulin Resistance: Insulin resistance is a condition wherein the body is either not able to produce enough insulin or cannot metabolize the sugar to produce energy. This results in blood sugar not being used up and thus accumulating within the blood which in turn forces more insulin to be made to compensate. High levels of insulin cause the ovaries to produce too much androgen which may lead to polycystic ovarian disorder. Insulin resistance can also lead to weight gain, which can worsen the symptoms of PCOD.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Women with PCOD have imbalances in certain hormones such as raised levels of testosterone, higher levels of prolactin and luteinizing hormone (LH), among others. The exact reasons for these imbalances are unknown. Scientists have suggested that the problem can start within the ovaries, or the part of the brain that controls their production of these hormones.
- Genetics: This syndrome runs in families; women with mothers, aunts, and sisters with PCOS have a higher chance of developing PCOD themselves. Genetics have definitely shown to have a correlation with the occurrence of the disorder.
PCOD doesn’t have any treatment yet, but the symptoms can be managed through medications and healthy habits. Treatment for PCOD differs for every woman depending on factors such as:
- Severity of the symptoms
- Condition of the ovaries
- Plans to have children in the future
- Risk of long term health complications or current problems such as heart diseases or diabetes among others
- Some of the basic steps to manage PCOD at home are through weight loss, improving your diet, reducing blood glucose levels, amongst others.
Some medications that may be used to relieve symptoms of PCOD are
- Hormonal birth control pills - These regularize the period cycle, help reduce acne and extra hair growth and also help in prevention of unwanted pregnancies.
- Anti-androgen medicines - They can block the effects of excess androgen and thus help in reducing hair loss, facial and body hair growth and acne.
Certain medications which are used to treat type-2 diabetes have also been put to the test and have shown effective results in trials. However, these have still not been approved by the regulatory authorities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Going thru ovulation study. Clomiphene citrate day 3 to 7, Hmg 75 on day2 and day 4. Today its 9th day- 11×10mm in right ovary & 5×6mm in left ovary. endometrium-5.3mm (my extra from day 2 to15) What to do? My doctor ask me to go for another ultrasound on day 12 to see if 11×10mm egg reaches maturity. But she didn't gave me another hmg injection today as the follicles are not dominant? So this cycle is a waste?
Its my 5th day of periods. The blood flow is still there. Nd I get intimate with my hubby without any precaution. Although the discharge was not inside. Is there any chances of getting pregnant ? I don't want to get pregnant right now. What should I do if there are chances.
Or some may find burning pain during defecation/urination or bleeding piles. (heavy menses)
Medical condition like jaundice. These are pitta dominated disorders.
Those are very well managed by authentic ayurveda pitta virechan and rakta detox and rasayan therapy.
Hyperpigmentation too managed by the same this will reflect on entire health as well.
Even condition like accelerated bp/hypertension, diabetic retinopathy/ macular oedema /stroke/ peripheral neuritis have significantly getting benefit by just adapting special detox advocated in October heat.