Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mangla H PawarYour feedback matters!
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
Your mother has often yelled at you for playing video games for long hours but obviously you haven’t paid heed to it. Such is the obsession with video games that they don’t let you rest unless you have championed all the levels in the virtual interface. Here is the source of all problems. Studies have revealed that video games have a direct relation to neurological disorders. As a result, many health experts across the world consider video game as a kind of health abuse.
People who play action-oriented video games are at higher risks. The more you indulge in these kinds of games, the more they are going to affect the hippocampus section of your brain. It is that part of the brain which is considered to be the centre of your nervous system, memory, and emotion. This has a detrimental effect on your overall brain health.
Let us see some of the signs which may indicate the onset of certain complications arising from an over indulgence in these games.
1. You spend hours on the computer or related gaming devices and devote lesser hours for your family and friends.
2. You get agitated when someone stops you midway through the game
3. You become socially isolated and show signs of occasional mood swings
4. You are unable to keep a track of time once you start playing
5. You repeatedly neglect your studies, resulting in a dip in performance at school
Why does this happen?
All of the above signs indicate that sooner or later you might develop neurological problems. When you spend an excessive number of hours on playing and navigating through the games, the ‘hippocampus’ portion of your brain shows signs of decreased gray matter. As a result, the volume of the hippocampus shrinks, causing severe nerve related disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, and overall general stress.
One of the biggest reasons behind this is a lack of self-control. Most of the video games will encourage you to steal cars, run away after a theft and kill your enemies. Moreover, if you succeed, you are rewarded. This naturally unleashes a blatant urge for the gratification of all these awkward desires in your real life too. Hence, once you are encountered with the reality, you tend to show violent behavior.
My son aged 10 years have cough since yesterday. He coughed after 3 minutes one time .I am giving nebulizer treatment with 1.5 ml normal saline and 0.3 ml asthalin respules. Is any other cough syrup required.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Meri baby girl 1 year 1 month ki h aaj morning se use 101fever tha ibugesic plus ki 3 dose d di h last dose 9: 30 pm di thi but 1 am Mujhe fever dubara lg ra h he Ad garm h or per thande kya aap Bata Skte h baby so ri h to iska fever check sote hue kr Skte h or next dose kb tk du.
I am 2 years old little girl having infection i m going to motion I have monkezin syrup and orofex can use any one these please suggest me the medication.
My nephew is 8 year old and he is diagnosed with Autism. He was diagnosed at the age of 3 years. At that time he was not able to stand on his own, avoids eye contacts, irritates and bites his own hand. He is now getting treatment from a Hakim in Muradnagar, Ghaziabad from last 3 years. He is now able to walk on his own but not able to speak or behave normally. He still bites his hand very often in anger. He wants to be alone but likes her parents company, now responds to her parents when they call him. Please help, if somebody knows the medicine or treatment of Autism.
Meri daughter 4 saal ki hai. Uske chehre per 15-20 masse ho gye hai jo abhi shuruat (safed) hai. Unhe rokne or khatam karne ka loi ilaaj bataeye. Dhanyawad.
My son is just 38 days old. He cries often due to hunger. I am on breastfeeding. Some of ma relatives are telling he is not getting enough milk. Also he s looking so lean. I am feeling guilty that I can't produce enough milk. My nipples are too sore. I am using breast shield to feed him. He latches well on the shield. Please suggest what should be done for increasing the milk flow.
My age is 11. Pulsating headaches on back side of head for last 20 days. Taking migraine medicine and painkiller but no cure. Ct scan result normal. Please advice me what I can do. Thanks.
Hi on july 15 I delivered a baby boy nd I noticed his right feet was clubfoot what should I do? I consulted doctor but he said dat v hav to do some sort of surgery is it necessary to do dat is der any other way to solve dis problem without surgery em. Worried about my prince? Plzz help me out plz.
Hello doctor, My 10 months old infant is passing very hard stool that too not passing completely. I am giving more water but still the same thing is happening please suggest what to do.
Ashthma patient should avoid early morning walk, avoid exposure to smoke,dust,fumes,strong smells,allout, and should take thier medicines as advised by their doctor.
My baby is six months old. His left eye is tearing daily after his bath. And his both eyes are watery. Please advice me what should I do.
Is Oats are good for babies age upto 5 years. Oats are meant for reducing for weight or I have some wrong understanding.
Here are some tips on root canal treatments and dental implants