Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta SahuYour feedback matters!
If a person who usually goes through the mensuration every month but since a few months is not getting her periods on a regular basis, Is it that she cannot conceive?
Hello doctor, I am pregnant from last 3 month and ultra sound report is normal, my question is that can I do sex with my partner. Is there any problem or not?
My Partner turned 17 today we had an unprotected sex @21 Dec and she took unwanted 72 within next hour and then she bled on 26th dec today we had an unplanned intercourse again and had to take that pill again the next hour. She has decided not to take ipill again so womt have unprotected. So what are the causes now and for what she has to wait so that we can be relieved please help.
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman's life when there is an added focus to take care of yourself and your unborn child. The adage 'you are what you eat' takes on a whole new meaning during this period as it becomes the soon to be mother's responsibility to pack in extra nutrition to nourish her growing bump. Doctors often add in a dose of vitamins to ensure that the both mother and child are well nourished. But beyond that, the food choices you make will maintain a healthy weight gain for you and your baby and eventually even help when you want to shed the extra weight after your child is born.
Here are some tips to have a perfect diet during your pregnancy
- Load up on the good stuff: Even if you've always been eating healthy, it is time to crank things up a notch and include more proteins, vitamins, minerals especially folic acid and iron and some extra calories for energy and increase it as you progress in your pregnancy. But eating to get more nutrients doesn't have to mean eating more in general. If you are already at a healthy weight, then you don't need extra calories in the first trimester. In the second trimester, you need about 340 extra calories a day and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester. The numbers will change if you are underweight or overweight.
- Say no to some: During pregnancy, give a skip to food items like raw seafood and undercooked meat and poultry. This could lead to potentially dangerous infections. Other foods to steer clear from include unpasteurized milk and soft cheese. All of these are possible sources of bacteria that can be harmful to an unborn child. It is always good to give your fruits and veggies a good extra wash, as always. Try to avoid the known culprits like popular local fruits that may be laden with artificial ripeners. Also avoid food with excess oil or preservatives. You will also have to say a complete no to alcohol or smoking during this period. While most sites suggest that you also ditch your caffeine fix, you can best keep it less than 200 mg or 12 ounces in a day. Stick to decaffeinated tea and sodas when possible. Some other foods that have to be avoided during pregnancy are packaged food, cold drinks, preserved food items as they contain preservatives, which are harmful. Also, chinese food should be avoided as it contains monosodium glutamate, which is again harmful due to teratogenic chemical.
- Diet a big no: Another big no during pregnancy is dieting or controlling the intake of food to lose weight. Pregnancy is the time you actually, for once, get to legally gain weight and be happy about. Don't mess up your natural system with forced diets.
- Keep the food coming: Pregnancy is the time for food craving at all odd hours and the time to give into them without an ounce of guilt! If you are dealing with nausea and food aversion, try to stick to small meals throughout the day. Replace the chips with carrot sticks and the pizza slice with soup. If that sweet tooth starts acting up, give it a frozen fruit dessert or shake.
Homeopathy can be quickly and remarkably effective for many symptoms and conditions arising during pregnancy. If a pregnant woman inquires, 'what is the one best thing I can do to ensure that my baby is born healthy?' a homeopath will answer, 'take your own constitutional medicine as early in the pregnancy as possible.' Hahnemann readily encouraged healthy diet and hygiene so optimal prenatal diet and nutritional supplementation, medical care, lifestyle, and peace of mind are essential. But, in addition, the more in balance a pregnant mom is on an energetic level, the smoother labor is likely to proceed and the greater the chance of giving birth to a vibrantly healthy baby. There are no guarantees in utero. A certain number of babies will be born with a variety of genetic defects and congenital abnormalities. Correct homeopathic prescribing during pregnancy simply increases the likelihood of a healthy child.
Homeopathy can treat nearly any condition on a pregnant woman. Just to give you an example of how it works, morning sickness, perhaps the most common complaint we treat during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. There are two distinct ways in which you can treat these conditions using homeopathy. If your overall health is quite good, morning sickness is your only real complaint, and the symptoms are quite straightforward, you may be able to treat yourself quite successfully.
Acute homeopathic self-care for morning sickness
the most common medicines for morning sickness are sepia and colchicum.
when an aversion to the smell of food is the strongest symptom, consider colchicum first.
for severe vomiting, use ipecac and for the most terrible nausea, use tabacum.
when an aversion to sex is a strong symptom, consider sepia or kreosotum.
sepia is for conditions that are much better from vigorous exercise or dancing, which differentiates it from the motion sickness medicines such as tabacum and Cocculus. The latter two are for symptoms that are much worse, not better, from motion.
veratrum is the medicine of choice if you are very cold, are suffering from vomiting and diarrhea, and would die for fruit, ice, and sour foods like pickles or lemons
A woman should notice at least a 50%, often 75% or more, improvement in her nausea of pregnancy within one to two weeks after taking the proper homeopathic medicine.
Planning for excellent prenatal and delivery care, drafting the perfect birth plan, gathering together the ideal birthing team, and preparing in every other way can increase the odds of a smooth labor and delivery, but pregnancy and labor can be full of surprises. Homeopathy can be literally a lifesaver during difficult labor and deliveries. Having on hand a homeopathic self-care kit or at least a few essential medicines will do. The problem with having available only two or three is if you don't happen to have the best indicated medicine with you, it is of no use. Again, problems during labor can sometimes be quite successfully treated through self-care but may need the expertise of a trained homeopath
I am 24 years old girl, and my weight is 60 n height 5" 1, I have done my tsh test and came 5. I have irregular menstruation and am using medication for alopecia. Please suggest me medicine sir / mam for regural periods.
I am 6 weeks pregnant and I am unable to take any medicines due to nausea. Is there any other option by which I can take those tablets via syringe or any kind of glucose will help me? Unable to take folic acid tablet also. please let me what should I do.
Beer belly is a word that is used to describe a fat tummy that results from excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks. In case of any alcohol drink, the liver tends to burn alcohol instead of fat which leads to bigger tummies. Basically, if the calorie intake is higher than calorie expenditure, then fat tends to accumulate in the body.
Now if you want to turn that beer belly into six pack abs, then you need to follow these rules:
- Limit carbohydrate consumption: This means you have to cut down on sugar and starch based foods such as refined flour, aerated drinks and anything that has sugar in it. Follow a strict diet that focuses on limited amount of whole grains. Avoid simple carbohydrates which tend to spike blood sugar levels and aid in fat accumulation. Reduce your portion sizes to decrease your overall calorie consumption.
- Eat fiber: Increase fiber consumption as fiber is beneficial for losing fat. It helps in you feeling fuller and thus, eat less. Fiber also reduces the chances of various life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as beans, lentils and broccoli.
- Weight training: Weight training helps in losing body fat by increasing muscle mass in the body. Muscle burns calories at rest, so more muscle means more calorie burnt. Weight training also increases your metabolism which means your overall calorie expenditure will increase significantly. If you don't have access to a gym then combine bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squats and pull ups in a circuit. A sample workout circuit would be 20 push up, 20 squats and 5 pull ups one after the other. Rest for a minute and then repeat the circuit 5 times.
- Cardio: Cardio is very important in losing fat from all over your body. Opt for HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of steady state cardio like jogging at the same pace over a period of time. Too much steady state cardio increases cortisol levels in the body leading to muscle loss. Instead focus on HIIT which means you do an exercise at full throttle for a short period of time such as 30 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds and then to another exercise for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for another 10 minutes. This method keeps your metabolism elevated for 48 hours after your workout.
I am a 32 years old female. I have recently given birth to a baby. I have severe itching in and around my vagina. It's been a week now but it isn't going. Can you please suggest what can it be?
My last period date was 12 April but when they not comes because of pregnancy after that am took MTP tablet. Now am fine but when my period will start again.
Doctor, I am a newly married girl. During sex I do not arouse soon. I don't feel any pleasure. What should I do doctor?
Hi. I am 20 years old and. I have a problem of periods pain. My hands and feet has cold in time of periods and more pain in stomach. Please give me suggestion.
Both me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time in our lives. I was bleeding on my first time. None of us had condoms and so, it was an unprotected sex. We had shower sex too. He claims to have ejaculated outside, still being his first as well, I do not completely trust him. It was the same day my periods got over. I have irregular periods anyway. How and when will I know for sure if I am pregnant or can get pregnant because before the next cycle I'll move to a country where abortion is illegal. Could you help me please? I'm really worried.
I feel ictchness in my rectum due to worms. Im planning to conceive so which deworing tablet should I take.
I am a 26 years old female, had unprotected sex during third day of periods with my boyfriend. He left his sperms inside me. I have PCOS with weight problems and irregular periods. Will I be getting pregnant? What are my chances of getting pregnant?
I had a sex but within 48 hours I took ipill, but after that my health been bad. I suffered from laziness, indigestion and solid white discharge which is itching and my periods date is late also? What should do am worried about getting pregnant.
20 year old female here. Missed my periods. It's been 17 days since the due date. Did 3 pregnancy test. They came negative. My bf never ejaculated inside. We did have unprotected sex. I had vaginal infections in between and took taxim upon consultation. What is the reason for my missed periods. And what is the cost of a blood test for pregnancy.
To overcome the conditions of dryness caused by the solidification of skin's oily content during winter, there are some ways by which you can rejuvenate your skin by adding to its softness and suppleness besides boosting its collagen content. 1) To do away with the conditions of hardness harnessed during winter, consumption of juicy fruits and vegetable with the particular inclusion of olive oil and primrose juice will prove to be a healthy alternative. 2) In order to get rid of external dryness and chaps, application of coconut oil prior to bathing can be another helpful option. As far as application of oil is concerned, it is better to opt for ones which do not clog the dermal pores. Non clogging oils such as avocado oil, primrose oil and almond oil should be preferred over those causing to block skin pores. 3) Application of petroleum jelly on areas particularly affected with chaps and dryness happens to be one of the most effective options. 4) Instead of using soap high in their alkaline content, it is better to have your skin washed with paste of ground gram and yogurt. In case you prefer using soap, make sure to use one with adequate moisturizing content. Soaps based on natural oils and glycerin may turn out to be a healthy alternative. 5) Avoid using hot water for bathing, instead go for lukewarm water enriched with drops of glycerin or herbal oil such as tea tree oil to make up for the loss of moisture. 6) Skin may be similarly hydrated with cold creams and moisturizer oily in content. In place of water based moisturizers opted for during summer, go for the oily ones. 7) Moisturizing lotions based on glycerin and alpha-hydroxyl content can contribute to the smoothening feel of the skin. 8) Skin toner containing essential oils or the rejuvenating elements of vitamin E can prove to be similarly effective. However, if the facial skin is naturally oily, avoid using the same on face. 9) While going for manicure and pedicure, make sure to have your limbs soaked in lukewarm water enriched with drops of natural oil. 10) To prevent brittleness in nails, make sure to pamper your finger and toe nails with sufficient touches of oil, glycerin or moisturizers. 11) In order to overcome flaking, chapping and itchy cracks caused during winter, use cotton socks, gloves to have yourself adequately covered from the pinching chill of winter. 12) Avoid using facial packs and masks which suck out the natural oil content of the skin. Facial pack containing mud should be avoided for this reason. Rather go for cleansing milk and oil based pack. Facial masks containing avocado extracts in addition to olive oil is helpful during winter. Similarly a blend of yogurt, buttermilk and sour cream or the creamy layer of milk with respective ingredients being combined in small measure is helpful for activating the skin's collagen content. 13) To overcome conditions of dryness and chap formation on lips, opt for a lip balm enriched with vitamin E. Likewise, to get rid of ugly cracks on feet, go for a therapeutic ointment or lotion containing vitamin E. In extreme cases of cracks, one has to use ointment containing necessary anti-biotic. A vital skin care tip for winter involves bare minimum use of water. After a wash or shower, make sure to pat yourself completely dry. In case your work demands recurrent exposure to water, make sure to use gloves to have the hands well protected. Use humidifiers to have the indoor environment well hydrated and moisturized. With the help of a humidifier, winter harnessed dryness and conditions of cracks can be overcome. One shouldn't avoid using sun's cream during winter, but it is always preferable using one with an increased moisturizing content.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.