Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M A Meer
Submit a review for Dr. M A MeerYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from ulcerative colitis from last 7 years. I have taken muscle 400 mg BD, entofoam twice a day, sysfol 5 mg. Now my medicine has changed to mesacol supositiry twice, vegaz od, and entofoam twice a day. I stopped taking milk after discussion with doctor and not eating raw fruit and salad but overall I am taking healthy food including curd and lassi in my regular diet however I am fond of tea and consumed 4 to 5 cup daily. Now my problem is that I faced cramp in my body any day even if I do some physical work I may get cramp which is sign of deficiency of any required vitamin or protein another problem is my mouth got dry if I speak for one or two minutes. My weight is continuously increasing. Kindly suggest what should I do. Is taking multivitamin capsule will cure of my cramp and all.
I am suffering from ulcers from last 1 week and I don't have any stomach related problems. So kindly suggest me some solution.
I am suffering from indigestion and tried allot of medicines consulted allot of doctors but still the same. The stomach feels bloated heavy and sometime acid reflux as well. Please help.
I am 33 yrs old male and suffering from chronic dysentry from 2 months. I have fatty liver and gall stone surgery on 2013. What should be the solution? please advise diet.
I have taken medicine as I have blocked digestion. Today when I go to latrine, I got latrine with white snake very small in size they are roaming around in latrine. I have also have little fever around my stomach. Please reply soon.
I am 41 years male and have been diagnosed with antral gastritis. And h pylori positive. While I am on medication. What should be my diet?
When I am going for stool. Getting pain and getting motion with blood I am suffering for this from last 5 days. What should I do. Not feeling hungry also. Which is a major or minor health issue. What kind of food should I take.
I have abdominal pains, constipation and the stool which I pass has blood in it this is happening since the past 2 days please help.
Sir mujhe khana bilkul bhi digest nhi hota. Milk pene k baad problem jyada ho jati h. Latrin me mucas bahut jyada ata h. 7-8 years se problem chal rhe h. Mujhe bhut weakness mehsus hoti h.
I am having gall bladder stones along with Crohn's disease. Should I first operate the gall bladder and then focus about the Crohn's disease in case of persistence of further symptoms or should I first treat the disease and then go for the gall bladder operation? Please suggest what to do. I am also experiencing quite a lot of weight loss. I have lost around 6 kgs in around 12 days. Please also tell me the cause of this and if I am prone to some other complications. Other symptoms include vomiting and diarrhoea. Thanking you.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.