Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Leelavati ThakurYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years girl. I oftenly hsd severe headache after travelling either by bus or anything. Also sometimes I feel to vomit. Can you suggest a remedy for this.
I was diagnosed as pulmonary tb and now I am on medication since 3 months It was diagnosed from sputum smear Now if I do retest by mantoux test will it shows positive.
I was a good sports man and fit and healthy man but when I finished my plus to and joined the college I am not able to participate in sports and not doing any exercise and now my body is very weak and now I started masturbation and not able to control it and I feel very tired and sleepy after masturbation what to do to make me healthier as before suggest me ways I am 18 years old 49 kg weight.Please tell.
Hi doctor, I am having stomach noises after eating, having anxiety attacks. Taken several drugs and symptoms seems to return after drugs, recently diagnosed with chronic gastritis after upper endoscopy, currently taking nexium, no more heartburns but I still have stomach discomfort and anxiety. This happens especially when I am stress, as little as reading a courseware or just about any mental task.
Which ever my headache like intervals 7 day ten day I use jhandu bam then ok within 3, 4, 5 hours please give me permanent solution why pain my head.
I am suffering feom diabetes type 1 please suggest some medicines so that I can replace my two time insulin I am 25 year old female.
I am 54 years old woman. My ht is 4'11" and wt is 62 kg. I gained wt during my menopause. Please suggest some remedy to control my wt.
Hey I'm 29 married boy I'm suffering from pain from my neck shoulder and back every time from last one year?
My stomach is paining from lower side of left. My ffod siet is also not good and stool goes so tight. Please consult what I have to do.
I am 39 years old female I am asthma patient problem I am using nebulizer in twice a day is it good for me? And please tell me the good and bad effect of its.
Cranberries are the most useful fruit for you, if you suffer from repeated UTIs, stomach ulcers and GI distress, have a problem with your heart or liver, have been diagnosed with cancer, have gum disease or bad skin. The list can go on and on to prove cranberries are indeed nature’s wonder fruits.
Let’s see what these berries contain. A cup of cranberries contains the following:
- Calories - 46
- Manganese - 18 %
- Vitamin C - 18 %
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Glycemic index – Low
Cranberries have thousands of benefits for our health. It’s not just we who are saying this, but it is a scientific fact.
What makes cranberries so awesome?
- Fights UTI: Cranberries are strongly acidic and they contain a chemical compound that gives them their bacteria fighting punch. This compound is called proanthocyanidins (PACs). It helps prevent UTIs as the special structure of PACs acts as a barrier to bacteria, which latch on the walls of your urinary bladder, causing UTIs.
- Prevents stomach cancer: The PAC prevents bacteria, which cause stomach cancer called helicobacter pylori to latch on to the walls of your stomach and large intestine.
- Protects your heart: Cranberries contain Anthocyanin. This phytonutrient gives cranberries their amazing red colour and is linked to their unique antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which protect your cardio-vascular system and liver. To reap the complete benefits of all five cranberry phytonutrients, it’s best to consume the whole berry rather than have it in the form of an extract or juice.
- Contains anti-cancer properties: Cranberries possess solid cancer-preventive benefits. They can prevent cancers of the breast, colon, lung, and prostate. None of the cancer-related benefits of cranberries should be surprising, since cranberry is loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients like anthocyanins which provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. Antioxidants are essential for improving health by helping combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA, thereby preventing cancers.
- Oral health: Apart from boosting immunity, making our skin lush and youthful, cranberries can also prevent periodontal disease.
- Good for diabetic: Since, cranberries are a low GI fruit, diabetics can have them too and benefit from their health benefits.
- Good for your heart: The fruit has also been proven to lower LDL and raise HDL or good cholesterol, as well as help in recovery from stroke.
- Promotes weight loss: The fruit is loaded with fibre, which keeps you full for a longer time and aids in weight loss. Because of high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory content, cranberries help improve memory.
This food is no less than a superfood, sent straight from heaven for our well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.