Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lata NagpalYour feedback matters!
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant. We had taken obstetrics scan and antenatal tests. The doctor said everything is normal. Yesterday night she had back pain and vaginal itching. Is it normal? We are worried about the itching. Did she got any infection that affect the baby?
Hi I am 26 years old n my LMP was 22.11.2016. I Had proper periods only fr 1 day den til yesterday it was very little. M also feeling dizzy sometimes n hvng pain in lower abdomen. I am also trying to conceive since 10 months bt hvnt conceived yet. Pls rply.
Well-chosen eating practices have much to offer athletes:
1. Fuel to train and perform at the elite level
2. Optimum gains from the training program
3. Enhanced recovery between workouts and between events
4. Achievement and maintenance of an ideal body mass and physique
5. Benefits from the many health-promoting components of food
6. A reduced risk of injury, overtraining fatigue and illness
7. Confidence in being well-prepared to face competition
8. Consistency in achieving high-level competition performances
9. Enjoyment of food and social eating occasions at home and during travel
Despite these advantages, many athletes do not meet their nutrition goals.
Common problems and challenges include:
1. Poor knowledge of foods and inadequate cooking skills
2. Poor or outdated knowledge of sports nutrition
3. Lack of access to dietitians /nutrition
4. Professionals or other credible resources
5. Inadequate finances
6. Busy lifestyle leading to inadequate time to obtain or consume appropriate foods
7. Poor availability of good food choices
8. Frequent travel
9. Indiscriminate use of large amounts of supplements or failure to use evidence based supplements and sports foods in the appropriate way.
Hii. Im a MCA student my weight is 52 and I have irregular periods problem what I should do to make my periods regular.
I always to sex with girls but this time I am 19 years old and girl is 15 year s old what should I use to sex with girl what precautions I need.
Our marriage after 15 days, we want baby after 2 years of marriage life. What will be the safest process for us? Except Condom Please suggest safest tablets for us. And using process. My wife's age 25 years, weight 53 kg, height 5.1, normal pressure, no blood sugar.
Hi, I am 29 years old female (Married). I have problems with my menstruation cycle. It usually comes after evry 60 days. I am suffering from thyroid as ell (Hypo). I am planning for baby now. Please suggest will I get issues in same?
While having sex if we cum inside from back is there any chance of getting pregnant? And taking I pill every month is OK to avoid pregnancy?
I am 26 years old and my wife is 18 years old .I am newly married about 2 months ago and I intercourse properly all signs of pregnancy shows but urine pregnancy test negative after 15 days of intercourse and now periods starts.
I am a 31 years old male and my wife is of 30 yrs. We are expecting a baby in jan end. I want to know that should we do sex during this period as many Dr. say that it is not good for the baby to do sex. Also tell me the ways how we can control ourselves so that we don't get intimate. please explain in detail the advantages and disadvantages of doing sex. Also advise that up to what period we should not do sex after baby birth.
I have a period problem from 2 month My period can't stop couple of month what can I do for this please suggest. I consult my doctor but her medicine can't work. She give me PROMET-N 5MG.
It is not a myth but an actual condition that might happen when it is erect and experiences a certain amount of force. However, since this organ doesn't contain actual bones, the effect of its fracture differs from that of an arm or leg fracture. ?
What is penis fracture?
Penis fracture is a condition where an erect penis suffers a fracture. An erect penis is filled with blood, in this condition, if it is bent forcefully or suddenly, it can suffer a fracture. The penis consists of two large cylinders and one smaller cylinder; during erection blood rushes to the two larger cylinders inflating them thus turning the penis hard and erect. In this state, if it faces a sudden force it can cause damage to the penis.
The symptoms of penis fracture are-
1. A popping or cracking sound in case of sudden trauma
2. Loss of erection almost immediately
3. Feeling of pain in the affected area
4. Bruising of the area
5. In some cases the urethra can get damaged, causing blood to come out of it
In the case of penis fracture, one should seek medical advice immediately. If the condition is not treated then it can result in severe complications. A physical exam followed by exams like MRI or urethrogram are used to diagnose the problem. Surgery is mostly recommended to repair the penis after the diagnosis and it should not be delayed for long. In case the surgery is delayed, scarring occurs and it can result in erectile dysfunction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.