Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lal
Submit a review for Dr. LalYour feedback matters!
Doctor I have some pains in my Body. Like leg pain. I am a football player. I want to play very well. Please tell me a solution to remove the pain. Thanks.
I'm suffering from light fever, body pains and throat pain from last two days and getting shivering in the night and fever increasing at that time. I took antibiotics but not shown any result and repeated again. Should I go for blood check as I got this situation repeatedly two to three times in the last 4 to 5 months.
I am suffering from cold and throat pain for previous two days. I already take honey tuss and crocin advance for weakness and body pain.Please tell.
I am 48 year old and feeling continuous pain in left hand, some time it shift to right hand. My lipid profile is ok. Please Suggest.
I have headache and body pain without any increasing of temperature and also feeling bitter in taste. What should I do?
Sir I am KOYA. I have lots of pain in my body. And so many pains. I want to remove the pain please tells me a solution to overcome this. I am a football player. Pls give me a reply. Thank you.
Hi Doc,I am a 50 year old man with no health problems.It is about a month now that when ever I take a nap in the afternoon,I feel as if somebody had sprayed me with water on my body and this wakes me up.Can you please tell me why is this happening with me?This does not happen to me when I sleep in the night.Thanks Fabian
Hi, My mother (age 59) is a diabetic patient. Now a days she is often refusing to eat well due to recently started tiredness and body ache which changes within different regions of the body. She always prefer to lay in bed or on floor to get cool. She says, she is having some kind of upset in stomach and in chest when she eats food. She was diagnosed with a fibroid in the uterus four years back. Now she is continuing home medicines for fibroid, diabetes and blood pressure. I would like to know all the probable reasons behind these symptoms and also good examples of complete diet (Indian style breakfast, lunch, dinner) to keep her healthy and active. Faithfully.
Dear Sir/madam, I am 8 week pregnant now, we got confirmed by doctor in 6th week and prescribed cor 3 tablets daily once. After that some bleeding is observed, we rushed to doc for advice and she prescribed duphaston. Its almost a week I have been taking that medicine. But still occasional bleeding on regular basis is observed. We are worried about the situation, other symptoms are bloating, constipation, sleeplessness, abdominal pain. Please guide us.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.