Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hi I am 44 yrs female. I am constantly having an ulcer on the side of my tongue. It used to go away after using the oricort cream and recurrence would be few months later. But now it is constantly there. I am using the ulcer cream daily. It is v painful & talking and eating becomes difficult. I hv done a blood test. I am not anaemic and other results were also ok. I am a vegetarian & I do take supplements. Pls advise.
Little amount of blood comes out while spitting early morning once I woke up. Is it serious. What is the remedy. Please suggest .
I have a friend who is suffering from a disease in which his teeth become yellowish day by day. Kindly suggest some beneficial tooth paste by which he can smile without any hesitation. Thank you.
I am 20 year old boy. I have problem with my joint point in my mouth. Whenever I try to open my mouth it sounds a clicking. So what can I do for this problem?
I am 33 years old man 1 year back my front teeth was taken instructed instructed by dental but now I find difficulties routine in such way that I get blank often, I feel that I don't get enough oxygen to my brain, I don't get in to any active participation, I lack in concentration.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.